fourteen

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was actually the first one to frown followed by Sungkyung, who didn’t like the colour of her gown. „Can I get this in lilac or something? I don’t like orange.“ Joohyuk, who stood beside her shrugged. „Why? Just go along with it.“ Sungkyung side-eyed him before looking him and down. „Easy to say for you, you look good in your get-up.“ Joohyuk’s eyes sparkled unknowingly before he let out a grin. „You think I look good?“

„There is a difference between looking good and looking good in something.“ Sungkyung hissed but Joohyuk didn’t really care as he laughed along.

„I actually like this dark knight theme.“ Ah-In grinned as he came out of the dressing room.

„Honestly what is this about?“ Jennie asked, who didn’t like her fairy get-up at all. She wasn’t the girly-girl after all. So an armour suited her probably better. 

„Hyunah will hate you for that.“ Jennie said while rolling her eyes.

„Maybe,“ Joongki said, who was satisfied with his white knight theme. 

„And of course she gets the prettier outfit.“ Sungkyung snubbed. „Well, of course. She the birthday girl?“ Ah-In reminded her while Sungkyung rolled her eyes.

„Stop sulking you are pretty too.“ Joohyuk said. „Orange suits you actually.“

„W-what are you saying suddenly?“ Sungkyung asked. She was honestly taken aback since she didn’t hear anything nice from Joohyuk before. And.. to call her pretty on top of that?!

„Oh gawd, why don’t you guys just date?“ Jennie snapped before walking away from the so-called university students. Was she the teenager or them actually?

„How can you say that, brat?! I would never date someone like him!“ Sungkyung growled after Jennie, who went off to text her dad/Mino. She didn’t care after all if they were indeed going to date each other or not. However, if anyone actually paid attention then they could tell that there was no hostility in Sungkyung’s voice. She was the type to cover her shyness with her anger. 

Joongki, probably the only one, who cared about Hyuna at the moment, turned to her. „That’s the worse birthday party you threw for me so far.“ Hyuna said as soon as she reached him. Joongki took a closer look at Hyuna’s pastel blue gown, which he had picked out for her especially. Lately, he noticed that she was always sitting in a corner and once when she wasn’t looking checked he out what she was actually doing on her phone. She was playing princess-themed stories aka otome games. To think that Hyuna liked those kinds of games even he didn’t believe she would. And she would deny it all if he were to address her newest hobby.

And Sungkyung was right Hyuna looked the prettiest out of all the girls. She was glowing somehow although her makeup was kept very simple. She didn’t look as elegant as Sungkyung. She didn’t look as chic as Jennie. However, to Joongki was Hyuna the prettiest. She had the kind of beauty he couldn’t look away from. No matter if she was wearing a princess gown or casual clothes. He would catch himself at least once a day staring at her lately. 

„And this dress. What were you thinking about?“ Although she was only complaining, her face showed otherwise. Joongki would even dare to say that the almighty Hyuna was blushing. „I thought you would like it.“ Joongki said. „No, I hate it! Stupid Joongki!“ Hyuna said although Joongki knew exactly that she didn’t mean it. In Hyuna’s language, it would mean: „I like it actually. Stupid Joongki.“ 

„What were you thinking?!“ Hyuna snapped. „How did you know?“

„Yeah, yeah I get it. I screwed up.“ Joongki said. He knew that it was hard for Hyuna to admit that she liked that kind of things. Since she liked playing the tough girl so much. It was harder to actually be nice for her.

„So, I guess I am the dark knight, who will kidnap the princess?“ Ah-In asked, who suddenly stood right beside Joongki. „And how fitting, you are already wearing the white knight outfit. I wonder why?“ 

„I am throwing the birthday party so I get to decide, who is who.“ Joongki said.

„Isn’t it normally the birthday kid, who gets to decide?“ Joohyuk threw in with Joongki ignoring him. „We should change the story though, you know? To make it less obvious. How about making the dark knight turn out to be the good one and the white knight actually the evil one?“

„Well, honestly I like the twist.“ Jennie said, who somehow came back to „backstab“ Joongki. She, of course, was still oblivious to what was going on between Joongki and Ah-In. Although it was hard to say if Jennie would have picked Joongki’s side, if she knew that he doesn’t like Ah-In near Hyuna. It was Joongki after all. There was no way that he was interested in teenager Hyuna when he had all those model-like girlfriends. There was just no way.

„No, the white knight will slaughter the dark knight. That’s how it always was.“ Joongki frowned.

„Don’t you mean „win over“?“ Jennie offered, who found it not in Joongki’s vocabulary to say something like that.

„No, he definitely meant it.“ Sungkyung said while glancing at the person the guys were fighting for. However, Hyuna didn’t pay any attention to what was going as she twirled around in her dress. „To think she was indeed the girly-girl.“ Sungkyung mumbled.

 

 

„So, basically we have to get to where Hyuna is? And Ah-In is the one, who is holding her hostage?“ Jennie asked.

„You girls really have no manners.“ Sungkyung said when she noticed that not even Jennie was using honorifics. „Only when we really have respect. Or do you want me to start calling you Ahjumma?“ Jennie asked back while raising a brow at Sungkyung.

„You-„ However, before Sungkyung could get the opportunity to attack Jennie, went Joohyuk and held her back while Joongki went in between her and Jennie. „That’s exactly why you always get into trouble, Jennie.“ He said while the girl only shrugged as she wagged the wand, which belonged to her costume. The mean- of a fairy has entered the chat.

„How did you even manage to find that kind of amusement park?“ Joohyuk wondered since it was only them, who seemed to be here. And he didn’t really wonder why. The whole story of the kidnapped princess was so cliché. 

„I’m just that great.“ Joongki answered.

„No, you’re not.“ The others agreed for once while the other simply ignored them as he went to the instructor. He was.

„The ending is so foreseeing.“ Sungkyung sighed. Although she was made as one of the princesses in this story was she nowhere happy since it wasn’t her, who got the lead role. And she was the fiancé of the guy next to her „Prince Joohyuk“. „Are you still angry about not getting the white knight?“ Joohyuk joked while Sungkyung elbowed him. „Why are you even here?“

„I like seeing your scowl.“ Joohyuk said and poked her forehead lightly back. 

„Don’t touch me!“ She scowled while Joohyuk grinned. 

 

 

„Pff, this is so boring.“ Ah-In sighed while he sat opposite of Hyuna, who watched what was going on down her „tower“, which was only about 5 metres high. „You should actually be down there and protect the tower.“ Hyuna said without looking at him. As for her, it was way more fun seeing her best friend suffer in the knee-high mud. She was complaining non-stop while Joongki had to carry their „weapons“. 

„They’re not even there yet.“ Ah-In threw in while peeking outside as well. „I mean they didn’t even beat the lizard yet.“

„It’s a blue-sapphire dragon. One of it’s kind.“ Hyuna responded annoyedly. The instructor, a very passionate gamer, even explained to them what their theme park was about. That all characters had characteristics you would be able to differ at one glance. They even were told about the favourite colours, books etc. of the characters. Hyuna’s character was based on a princess, who was locked up for centuries, only to be snatched away by Dimitri, who was played by Ah-In. Dimitri was manipulative and evil but he fell for the princess at first sight and since then held her hostage and away from her true love, who so happened to be his twin brother. 

Ah-In didn’t look like a Dimitri at all but that was another story. She would have preferred another Dimitri any time though.

„No one really paid attention to that nerd earlier besides Joongki.“ Ah-In admitted bored while watching the giant lizard getting his kicked by an angered Jennie, who got punched by his tail by accident.

„Why, little girl, you like that stuff?“ He asked with a smirk. Hyuna threw his plastic sword at him, aiming actually for his head but he had good reflexes. 

„Like I care.“ Ah-In could tell by one glance that she was lying. He met a lot of women before, which lied way better than the teenage girl in front of him. Compared to the lies he heard before preferred he her lies any time. Her white lies. He smiled unknowingly.

Both of them actually missed that short-lived smile of Ah-In and Hyuna was back to frown at him. „Why are you even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter