five

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look ugly." That was the first thing that came out of Jennie's mouth when a girl came up to her to bad mouth her since rumours were spreading, that Jennie was pinching her boyfriend. "Don't turn to me when your relationship turns sour." Jennie said and rolled her eyes at the girl. "Yah, Jennie Kim just because you are a little pretty-" "If you say so.." Jennie shrugged only before leaving the girl behind as she continued walking down the hallway with Hyuna. Hyuna looked behind her to check on the girl before turning back to Jennie. "You do know that you pissed her off?"

"She started it and besides I don't even know her." Jennie said, matter-of-fact. "That's the reason why you don't have friends. Do you know that?" Hyuna said. Well, it was true. Jennie wasn't very popular with other girls. Especially the pretty ones.

Jennie scowled at her. "You are the one to talk. You are just like me. We suit each other." Hyuna sighed only she couldn't really disagree on that part with her. 

"So, how did it go with Joongki?" Jennie asked after a while.

Hyuna stilled. After what Joongki said to her. tried Hyuna her best to advoid the guy. She didn't feel like facing him. She felt weird and somehow.. hurt? Wait, no. Hurt? By Song Joong Ki? No way. She just didn't want to see him like usual. That's it.

"He destroyed the present. And-" Hyuna stopped when she remembered what he said to her afterwards. "And what?" Jennie asked. "And he was kind of annoyed that I opened the present." Hyuna said softly. "That's it?" Hyuna nodded her head before putting her coins into the vending machine. Jennie crossed her arms after pushing a button for Hyuna. "He was annoyed because you opened the present he 'threw' away?" Jennie asked. Hyuna could only shrug as answer. "Joongki can be annoyed too?" "Obviously. Remember the last time he got mad at us for going out that night at that one club?" 

"I don't remember such a thing." Jennie muttered. Hyuna rolled her eyes before opening her can of juice. "What is my favourite girl doing?" Both Hyuna and Jennie turned to the boy while Jennie gave him a quick nod before focusing her attention back onto her phone, slipped Joonyoung his arm around Hyuna's shoulder. "Hey." Hyuna greeted him back. "Say do you have time on friday?" "Friday?" Hyuna asked. Isn't that Joongki's birthday? "Yeah, my band and I will have a little session in front of the XXX mall. Would you like to come?" Joonyoung asked as he looked at Hyuna expectingly. "And Jennie of course!" He added quickly. "I would have come without an invitation if necessary." They heard her mumble in front of them.

"How about it?" Joonyoung asked. "Yeah, sure." Hyuna smiled. "I will come." 

"ANOTHER SMILE?! This is rare! It's the end of the world!" Joonyoung exclaimed when he saw Hyuna smiling. Hyuna rolled her eyes, already used to his stupid antics.

Even though he couldn't be any happier. 

"I'm surrounded by dumb lovey dovey couples." Jennie muttered while a small smile plastered her face. 

 

 

"So, here." Sungkyung said and handed Joongki a piece of paper. "What's that?" He asked before putting his glasses down. They were currently in their university's library. And as per usual searched Sungkyung all over the place for the nerd boy. "The location to your birthday party." She said proudly. "Huh?" Joongki wondered. "No one of our friends ever celebrated your birthday with you. You even kept it hidden from us. So, we thought about celebrating it with you." Sungkyung said and crossed her arms, satisfied that she managed to organise a party for him before any of the other girls could. "That's really nice, Sungkyung, but-" "No, don't 'BUT' me if you don't have a really really really good explanation as to why you can't come to your OWN birthday party." 

"I will be celebrating with my neighbours. It became kind of a tradition." Joongki said. Sungkyung frowned for a bit before adding, "When will be the celebration with your neighbours?" "On my birthday." Joongki supplied. "Perfect. Then just come after dinner. We were planning to celebrate your birthday at night anyway." Joongki was about to say something when Sungkyung beat him to it. "I already did everything. Are you really going to let me down?" Joongki looked for a while at Sungkyung before noticing another guy in his peripheral view. Kwangsoo was glaring at him from another study table. 

"O-of course not. Count me in." He said after a while before feeling the hard glare vanishing. Sungkyung smiled at him before continuing with her advanced math problems.

So, how did x become... 

 

"Oh, if that isn't our little troublemaker~" Joongki said. Hyuna turned around to face Joongki. She was about to walk into the elevator when she suddenly heard his voice behind her. Hyuna turned away from him and began to head to the staircase instead. Leaving a rather confused Joongki behind. "Hyuna?" 

 

"Hyuna, could you open the door?" Mrs Seo asked from the kitchen. "Mhm." Hyuna said absentmindely and left her spot in front of the TV. She opened the door while still staring at the TV from where she stood. "Don't open the door without checking who it is, stupid." Joongki said before ruffling her hair. Hyuna flinched away from him when she saw who it was. "It's not tuesday." She said after a while. Hyuna didn't want for an answer from him and walked away. Leaving him again dumbfounded.

Joongki walked after her after closing the door behind him. "Thank you for the invitation, Mrs Seo." Joongki said when he entered their home. Hyuna was sitting in front of the TV again while waiting for her mother to finish preparing their dinner. "It's nothing, dear." Mrs Seo said as she placed the baked chicken onto the dining table. "Hyuna, come and eat." She called. The girl stood up after turning the TV off. Joongki was waiting for her to take a seat at her usual place but she walked pass him and instead took her seat beside her mother and started eating quietly. 

Joongki took notice of her indifferent attitude but turned back to Mrs Seo. "Thank you for the meal." He said before digging in as well. "So, how are the preparations for the exams going?" Mrs Seo asked after a while when she noticed that both of them were rather reserved today. "Mhm, quite good actually. I studied most of the topics already, so, I'm only reviewing currently." "That's good." Mrs Seo smiled at Joongki. Hyuna glanced up at them as she picked on her chicken .

"Uhm, Eomma?" 

"Yes?" Mrs Seo asked. "Is it okey if I go listen to a concert of my schoolmate? He invited me." Hyuna said and waited for her mother's reaction. "Concert? Where?" "It's in front of the XXX mall. It's in the neighbourhood, so, you can reach me anytime." Hyuna supplied helpfully. "If it's in front of a mall.. I guess there is no problem then." Mrs Seo said after a while. "When is it?" 

"Friday evening." Hyuna said and waited for a response. She didn't look at Joongki as she said it though. "Next week?" Hyuna shook her head as answer. "This week." Mrs Seo frowned at her daughter. "But Hyuna that's Joongki-ssi's birthday." 

"I know." Hyuna said. "I think you should skip on that concert." "I already said yes to him." Hyuna implied. "But Hyuna we already agreed on celebrating Joongki-ssi's birthday with him." Mrs Seo added. "Well, things changed." Hyuna said and placed her fork down. "I mean, Joongki-ssi, won't have a problem with it either if I'm there or not. I don't want to be unnecessary again." Hyuna said before standing up. Joongki stared only at her. Hyuna looked away from him and said softly. "Excuse me, I don't feel well." 

"Hyuna.. Hyuna!" Mrs Seo called after her and stood half up when Hyuna suddenly disappered in her bedroom. 

"What does she mean by 'unnecessary'?" Mrs Seo muttered and sat back down. 

While Mrs Seo wondered what could be wrong with Hyuna, knew Joongki already what was going on. 

 

 

"I'm leaving." Hyuna said and closed the door behind her. "Are you avoiding me?" Joongki asked. Hyuna flinched when she suddenly heard his voice. She was about to plug her earbuds in when he suddenly appeared in front of her. "Gawd, you scared me!" Hyuna scowled before brushing pass him. She headed for the elevator when she noticed him following her. "Why are you already up? You don't have university today." Hyuna said before heading for the staircase instead since she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter