twelve

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You're what?" Sungkyung scrunched her nose at the present he had chosen for Hyuna. Joongki couldn't be serious with the play cards, right? "You can't buy her those." She was already skeptical, when they stepped into the toy store after class but was he seriously going to buy Hyuna play cards to her 17th birthday? 

"But she wanted them for so long." Joongki defended, who else if not him knew Hyuna better than anyone else. She really wanted those cards for a long time. 

"For hell's sake she is turning 17 and not 7. Get her something a girl her age would want to get." Sungkyung rolled her eyes before flipping her newly done hair behind her shoulder. And right into Joongki's face. "Isn't it normally "heaven's sake"? He asked while spitting Sungkyung's hair out of his mouth. 

"In my case? No, and besides I don't have to pretend to be nice anymore." She winked at him before rounding the next corner. 

"Why did you come along, anyways?" He asked with a sigh before putting the cards back. He wasn't sure anymore, if he should get Hyuna those cards after Sungkyung reminded him of Hyuna's age. Maybe he should really get her something appropriate for her age. 

"And what should I get her then?" He asked while walking after Sungkyung. She waited in front of the store for him while looking around in the mall. She didn't know either what to get the brat but she wouldn't even wish her worst enemy play cards as present. "I don't know, let's just ask her?" 

"What?" Joongki asked before looking into the direction Sungkyung pointed at. "Isn't she that? Beside the old man over there." Sungkyung said.

"That's.. really her." Joongki muttered while stepping forward. "Is that her dad?" Sungkyung asked. 

"Yeah, he is. I didn't know he was back in the city though." Joongki added before glancing back at Sungkyung only to find her walking over to them. However, he pulled her back before Hyuna and her father could notice her. "What are you doing?!" She hissed at him before he dragged her behind a pillar. 

"She haven't seen her father in a while and I don't want to go and disturb them." Joongki whispered before making that they were out of their sight. Sungkyung frowned slightly before pushing Joongki off of her. Just because she gave up on him didn't it mean that he didn't make her heart skip a beat. 

"Then, let's go to another mall then." Sungkyung suggested but Joongki was still looking after the father-daughter pair. "You're not thinking of stalking them, are you?" Sungkyung asked, when still haven't gotten any response from him. 

"And there he goes." She blew a raspberry before contemplating to just leave him alone and walk around on her own or actually following behind the idiot. She chose the second because she too wanted to know what was going to happen actually. 

 

 

Hyuna was walking quietly beside her father while he talked to someone on the phone. From the tone guessed she that it was someone related to work. Even now was he wearing his suit although he had his day off. "I'll have to hang up now, I'm with my daughter. Yes, it will be fine to just send the files to my secretary. Yes, bye." 

Hyuna's eyes sparkled when she heard her father hanging up, only to be disappointed again, when she saw him still on his phone. Only difference was that he was texting now. "Abeonim, hey, abeonim." Hyuna called him softly afraid that she would make him angry or something. She never did but how could she know? It was rare for him to ask her out. It was her first time with him alone since years. 

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, Hyuna. How about you go around first?" He asked while still on his phone. "I will come in a bit. If you find something then pay with my card." He handed her his card with a smile before turning around when he received another call. 

Hyuna stared after him before turning around. She was used to it after all. Why did she think today would be different?

"Wow.." Sungkyung muttered from behind Joongki. "It has been like that ever since Mrs Seo and Mr Kim divorced." Joongki explained while looking after Hyuna. 

"This brings back old memories." Sungkyung teared up while patting the single tear away from her cheek with a tissue. "My dad used to buy me so much, when I was a kid. I miss those times, when he just handed me his card." 

Joongki looked behind him. True, Sungkyung was something different. To expect a rich girl to feel pity towards another was too much to ask for. "That's not really something to be moved by, you know?"

 

"Is she serious!?" Sungkyung exclaimed. They were walking after Hyuna for a while now without any sights of her dad. And after exploring stores like a comic book store and a grocery store stopped they in front of H&M Young only to get black socks. Hyuna just bought black socks with a credit card. It took a lot of Joongki's strength to pull her back. "If she wants socks then let her. We can't force her to buy something expensive." Joongki pointed out but Sungkyung glared only at him. He wasn't used to her indifferent behaviour yet but that was the real Sungkyung. He had to get used to it.

"She is trying to tell him something with that purchase." He further added while Sungkyung stucked her tongue out. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter