nine

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sick."

"No, Jennie. I'm really sick."

"No, Jennie. I don't need you to nurse me." Hyuna sighed before finally hanging up on her noisy friend. "How will she survive school without me?" Well, it wasn't like Hyuna was worried about her other schoolmates but Joonyoung was still there. Could he take the wrath of Jennie Kim?

"Why are you up? You should be lying in bed." Mrs Seo said when she came through the living room. Hyuna sniffed before making her way back to the couch. She plopped down before finally lying down in the fetal curl. Mrs Seo glanced to the side only to find her daughter huddled up on the couch. "You want to spend your days in front of the TV don't you?" Hyuna nodded as answer before fumbling for the remote behind her. 

"At least cover yourself up." Mrs Seo remarked before rushing through the living room. She did that a few times before she gathered her things in her bag. Hyuna was on the other hand switching channels until she found the morning cartoons. "Do you think you will be fine alone?" Mrs Seo asked though there was no way she could stay with her, anyway, Mr Yukimura needed her for today. And if she didn't attend today she would- "Eomma, I'm fine. I won't die with a fever." Hyuna muttered against a pillow. The woman sighed before walking over to her room. Mrs Seo came back with Hyuna's blanket and her pillow and dumped in on top of her daughter. 

"Cover yourself up, dear." Mrs Seo said and ruffled her hair. She avoided kissing her temple though. "If you need anything. I already prepared your breakfast and lunch on the dining table. There is still plenty of porridge on the stove if you crave more." Mrs Seo explained before walking over to where her shoes were. "Okey." Hyuna muttered, who was focusing on 'Doraemon' instead. 

"If you need anything just text me, alright?" Mrs Seo asked before finally taking her bag from the floor beside the couch. "And if it's really a emergency - Joongki will come over later." She added but Hyuna was still staring at the blue round thing called Doraemon. "Geez." Mrs Seo  sighed before finally walking out of the front door. 

Hyuna glanced up when she heard the front door closing. But she found no one in front of her or beside her. "Eomma?"

"How rude! You didn't even say bye." She mumbled annoyedly but soon forgot her mom when Doreamon appeared again. Her phone beside her buzzing for quite a while now.

 

 

Hyuna sniffed as she stared at Joongki. "What are you doing here?" 

Joongki stared at the bundled up girl. Her nose was running and the blanket on top of her head was sliding off. "Why did you answer the door?" He asked before withdrawing the key from the keyhole. Mrs Seo had given him the spare keys earlier, so, that Hyuna didn't have to open the door for him. "I asked first." She sniffed. Joongki, however, pushed her gently in before closing the door behind him. "It's cold outside." He reprimanded her.

"I asked something." Hyuna demanded to know why he was here since she was pretty sure her mother didn't say anything about Joongki coming over. Which Mrs Seo did but Hyuna was too focused with Doraemon instead. "Go and lie down, will you?" He asked and despite his friendly nature didn't he look the slightest smiley as he stared at Hyuna. In fact, he looked a bit pissed. He stared down at her but the girl didn't budge. "You asked for it." Joongki said before dropping his shoes on the sides. 

Hyuna gasped when Joongki carried her suddenly. She struggled in his arms but he had his hands firmly gripped around the human sushi roll. He walked all the way over to the living room and lied her gently down in front of the TV. "Joongki!" She exclaimed when he tugged her in with her blanket on each side in. 

"Just do as I say for once, okey?" Joongki stared at her. Hyuna couldn't help but shiver a little due to his intense stare. After their little eye-contact-battle walked Joongki over to the kitchen to prepare her food for her. "Did you already eat?" He asked while he scanned the dining table, seeing that Mrs Seo prepared something for her daughter but Hyuna haven't touched anything of the dishes yet.

She didn't even eat her breakfast yet. "Why didn't you even eat your breakfast?" He asked as he walked over to her. His hands were on his hips as he stared at the girl. Hyuna looked weakly up at him before staring back at the TV screen. "I didn't feel like eating oatmeals." "You eat them everyday." Joongki retorted but Hyuna shrugged only. She craved them lately which Mrs Seo knew all too well too but somehow the sick version of Hyuna wasn't much a fan of oatmeals. 

"What about the porridge?" He asked and raised a brow at her. Curious as to what her answer will be this time. "So much effort to heat it up." She mumbled before paying him no more attention. "Oh boy.." He sighed before walking back to the kitchen. 

Joongki spend a bit time in the kitchen before walking out with the porridge Mrs Seo had prepared for Hyuna. He placed it on the coffee table right in front of Hyuna. "I freshened it a bit up." Joongki added while Hyuna peeled her eyes away from the TV. "You dared to destroy my mother's dish?" She snickered. Joongki, however, glared at her before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter