two

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello?" Jennie answered her phone after the second ring. The loud yell of the caller blasting into her ear. "Chill! I'm with her." "We're at the XXX street. Yeah, behind the building." Hyuna glanced at her friend just when she ended the call. "What's going on?" "Your guardian is about to hit here." Jennie said and shrugged before poking the boy, who was lying on the ground unconscious. 

 

"And there he is." Jennie said and nodded towards the breathless Joongki, who was busy looking around for the two before spotting them at a corner. He stormed towards them. "Before you say anything, I just wanted to watch a performance of-" "Do you know how dangerous it is here for two girls alone?!" He said and took Hyuna roughly by the shoulders. The girl took a back by Joongki's anger. He was never angry about something. Well, she never saw him angry. "I-I think I will go now." Jennie said quietly and tried to get away since Joongki was making quite a scene in front of the bar. "You stay right here, Jennie!"

"And who the hell is this?!" He asked and pointed at the boy, the two girls punched into earlier since he wouldn't let go of Jennie. Both girls shot each other looks before looking back at Joongki.

"To my car right now!"

 

Hyuna and Jennie were both sitting in the backseats. They were whispering among themself, while stealing glances at Joongki, who was driving quietly, his eyes on the street. After reaching Jennie's house, let he the girl off but not before reminding her again, how dangerous and stupid it was to go out this late at night to this kind of place. Jennie grimaced but said nothing, which turned out to be a good thing since the man would have surely exploded and run for her parents, which she couldn't afford now since they were sleeping and she was still grounded. 

"Goodnight. See ya, Hyun." Jennie said in a hurry before hurrying inside her apartment building. 

Hyuna glanced at Joongki but, he was still not looking at her. At this time she wished he would say something stupid but he said nothing the entire ride home. 

He was even quiet in the elevator, which somehow reminded her of their first meeting. Hyuna shivered before hurrying out. He slid the key in and opened the Kim apartment for them. She hushed inside and took her shoes off, wanting to quickly fleed for her bedroom but in vain. "Mind to explain what that just now was?" Hyuna halted in her steps and turned around to face Joongki. "Explain what?" She asked with a sweet smile, which she never used on him before but maybe he would let her off. Joongki deadpanned her. No, he wouldn't.

"Okey okey okey. Sorry for lying to you earlier. I won't do it again." She said in a hurry, wanting to leave this awkward situation as soon as possible. "You think I'm mad at you because you lied to me?" "Yeah? What else is there to be mad about?" Hyuna retorted, which seemed to make him only more mad. "You really are stupid are you?" "W-what?" "You heard me right. You really are stupid!" He repeated which made the girl angry. She hated it when she was treated like a kid. "Go to your room. I have nothing more to say to you for now." Joongki said. Adding this to the treatment of a kid instead of a high schooler. Hyuna couldn't believe what just happened. Since when did he become her father?! Not even her mother treated her like this.

She turned around and stomped towards her room before slamming the door behind her. 

Joongki sighed before letting himself fall back into the couch. "What a brat.."

 

Both stared at each other, when they had encountered each other in front of the bathroom. "We will go grocery shopping." He told her before walking around her towards the kitchen. Hyuna snorted once before entering the bathroom herself to freshen up for the day. 

The entire morning was relatively quiet as both remained silent despite that they sat opposite from each other. Joongki had already made them breakfast, which Hyuna refused to eat and grabbed herself a bowl of cereal. He raised a brow at her action but decided not to say anything and let the girl do. 

They walked in silence with at least a metre gap between them. Joongki grabbed the first trolley and entered the grocery market with Hyuna behind him. "What do you want to eat for dinner?" He asked when Hyuna stood beside him by the vegetable section. She shrugged only before walking towards the fruit section. Joongki sighed before reaching out for some lettuce. 

Hyuna had meanwhile brought a round watermelon back to the trolley before going off again somewhere. She came back with a pack of snacks and candies. Joongki shot her a look before she could walk away. "Are you gonna make me pay for all this?" "My mom left me money behind, airhead." She said and turned away. Joongki chuckled before pushing the trolley forward to the meat section. At least she responded to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter