sixteen

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TYPOS AHEAAAAAD!

 

Joongki could only stare at Hyuna. For what seemed like forever. He just did the unforgivable. He freaking kissed the neighbours daughter. How could he just go with it? With her freaking stupid idea?! But was she to blame? Hyuna is a teenager. They are curious. While Joongki is a ing adult. He should know what to do and what not to do.

And to not top it even more she confessed her feelings to him. What was he supposed to do now?

Joongki packed his stuff up without looking or responding to Hyuna, who looked at him confusedly.

„Joongki?“

Joongki was normally supposed to be the calm one out of the two. The one, who knows what to do since he is older and more experienced. But right now he felt like he was at his lowest experience-wise. He felt the electricity between them. He also knew that he cared about her and that the feelings he felt for her were more than what he should have for her. Why else would he be so agitated when Ah-In was near her. Why else was he so jealous when Hyuna introduced her ex-boyfriend to him? 

He liked Hyuna. Probably a lot more than she did because he realised a long time ago how he felt for her.

But he couldn‘t. He would have rather stayed close to her and watch over her. He would have been satisfied with that but one thing lead to another. His feelings got the best out of him. He acted without thinking and he even touched her.

 

 

„I said.“

„Why do you look so done with life?“ Sungkyung asked, who raised her perfect defined brow at him. Joongki wasn‘t supposed to be back at University until the next 3 weeks. But that aside she never saw the handsome Joongki as dead looking as he looked now. He had dark circles under his eyes and he didn’t look like he ate. „I haven’t seen you for a few days and that’s what happens to you? Sheshh...“ Sungkyung sighed before pushing the seat in front of him back to take a seat. Only then seemed he to notice the extravagant individual in front of him.

„Sungkyung...“

„That‘s my name.“ Sungkyung said calmly while packing her notebooks out. She still had time to review her notes and mock Joongki. „I need your advice.“

„Shoot.“ 

„I did something I shouldn‘t have and now I don‘t know what to do.“ Joongki sighed. Sungkyung blinked at him. „Own up the you did then?“

„What?“ „If you don‘t give me more details how am I supposed to give you a damn advice?“ Sungkyung said nonchalantly. „Why do you curse in every single sentence?“ Joongki retorted and sat up. 

„Cause I don’t like you anymore and this is the real me.“ Sungkyung shrugged. This brought a smile into Joongki‘s face to which Sungkyung frowned immediately. „What?"

„I am glad that you are happy with Joohyuk.“ 

„When did I ever mention that loser of a boyfriend?“ Sungkyung asked and flung her laptop madly out of her birkin bag. Joongki however caught her red turning cheeks and laughed only. 

Sungkyung glared at him but soon sighed and in the end even smiled a little. 

 

 

„Sooo... what did Song Joong Ki do that went terribly wrong according to him? I didn‘t even know that word existed in your vocabulary.“ She said and sipped on her cup of coffee.

„You can‘t tell anyone though. Not even Joohyuk and especially not Ah-In.“

„I am currently not talking to either of them. Joohyuk is a bloody idiot and Ah-In is just stupid.“ She went on to explain. If this was earlier this year he wouldn‘t have believed that this was Sungkyung but things changed, especially the things he thought would always stay the same.

„Shoot.“ Sungkyung said and leaned towards him across the table.

„Okey, Hyuna and I-„

„Hey babe-„ „Sung-Sung-„ Joohyuk and Ah-In called at the same while Joongki stopped. „You guys what?!“ Both boys stood beside Sungkyung. They didn’t intend to make her mad but they pretty much did when Joongki turned his attention to his notes instead while only muttering greetings under his breaths. 

„DANG IT!“ Sungkyung exclaimed while pushing her stuff away from her. Joohyuk, who stood closer to her caught the almost falling birkin bag and Ah-In caught her Macbook. She fumed while crossing her arms. Both boys looked at each other then. „She mad.“ Both commented. They were pretty sure that they didn’t do anything to piss her off today. They then turned to the other male, who pretty much ignored all three of them. 

 

 

Hyuna stared into the dark apartment. She threw her school bag to the side as soon as she stepped into the living room. Her mom wasn’t at home once again.

Ever since that experience with Joongki, didn‘t he come over anymore. He avoided her for the past days. He didn’t respond to her messages and calls. He would even leave home earlier and go home later than usual. She didn’t know what he was up to at all. 

And it wasn‘t only her mom and Joongki. She couldn‘t contact Jennie at all. And she was even ready to tell her everything that happened with Joongki. But her best friend decided to go MIA since a little over a week now. 

Her last option was her dad but he didn‘t answer her calls too and when he did he told her he would call her back. He didn‘t but that wasn‘t a surprise anymore.

She just felt so incredibly lonely. Especially with Joongki avoiding her. She didn’t see him much at school either although he was her homeroom teacher. He was always around other teachers, which made it difficult to approach him. She couldn’t talk about the „incident“ with him always in a crowd.

And she pretty much realised that she was all alone suddenly. She didn‘t know that Joongki had such an impact on her life like now. He pretty much covered all the positions of the people dear to her. When Joongki was around wasn’t she lonely. When Joongki was around...

„I shouldn’t have asked him to do that...“ Hyuna cried silently before crouching down. 

She stilled for a moment however before looking up. „No.. he can‘t just leave me. He is the stupid Joongki. He can‘t.“ She thought to herself before wiping her tears away. 

 

 

„Uhm.. don‘t you think you had enough?“ The bartender asked. Joongki stared only at him as he shook his head. He didn‘t look drunk to be honest. He didn‘t even look he had any alcohol. The bartender however knew what he gave him the past hours. The amount should either make you collaps or kill you. 

He grimaced at Joongki before widening his eyes for a moment. „AH!“

„Kwangsoo! Come here for a sec!“ He called the male over. It wasn’t as full as usual so Kwangsoo heard him perfectly. He walked over without noticing that it was Joongki that was facing him with his back. „Hey to you too, Min.“ Kwangsoo said.

„This is your friend, right?“ The bartender went on and pointed at Joongki. „You came often with him here before.“

Kwangsoo looked then at Joongki. He gulped visibly.

„He doesn‘t seem drunk but I think he had way too much.“

„I am fine.“ Joongki said and drunk the shot he still had. „Can you bring him home?“ Min asked while Kwangsoo still stared at Joongki. He haven‘t seen him for a while. He actually avoided him and even changed his timetable for the University since they had few courses together. 

„It‘s fine I will hail a cab you can go, Kwangsoo-ah.“ Joongki said and side-glanced only at him.

Kwangsoo however stared a little longer at Joongki before grabbing him by his shoulder. „I will bring him home. He is drunk.“

„He doesn‘t seem drunk to me.“ Min said. 

„Trust me he is.“ Kwangsoo said. „He would never call my name like that.“ He thought before carrying Joongki with ease out of the bar. He placed him down in front of the bar. 

Joongki growned while leaning against the brick wall.

„Seriously what made you drink...“ Kwangsoo muttered. „And of course he had to look good.“ He added. Joongki wasn’t red unlike the rest, who would turn immediately red when they drink the amount he had or even die.

Kwangsoo sighed before dialing a number. He had ordered a taxi for Joongki while taking a seat beside him. „This is the last time I will do anything nice for you.“ He reminded Joongki but it sounded more like a reminder to himself.

„I-I kissed her...“ Joongki stuttered suddenly. 

Kwangsoo choked on his own spit before turning to Joongki. „And it felt good. Like really good.“ He went on while Kwangsoo clenched his fists. „That rascal.. do you have to be so arrogant-„

„I haven‘t felt like that before.“ Kwangsoo rolled his eyes. „Do I have to listen to your love problems now too?“

„Perks of being handsome and popular huh..“ Kwangsoo muttered. Of course was he jealous of Joongki, who wouldn‘t be. That was one of the reasons why he ended their friendship.

„But I can’t... we’re 7 years apart.“ 

„I thought you wouldn’t date someone younger again?!“ Kwangsoo screeched. „I mean Mirae didn‘t look that young but you-„ „Hyuna.“ „Wha-„ „It‘s Hyuna.“

Kwangsoo stopped blabbering for a moment to look at Joongki. He was staring at the feet of the passerbys while probably thinking about her. Kwangsoo haven’t seen Hyuna pretty much as soon as he started avoiding Joongk. So it was normal for him to picture the brat Hyuna was to him. She still was but she looked femininer now.

„What am I supposed to do?“ Joongki asked. 

If Kwangsoo wasn‘t sure that Joongki was drunk, he was sure by now. Joongki never leaked secrets about himself. He never revealed delicate topics like that. He was actually always quiet about himself.

„Do you like her?“ Joongki nodded to that before leaning on his arms, which he had propped up on his knees before.

„Then you probably treasure her too?“ Kwangsoo asked. „I do.“ Joongki sighed.

„Then, you already have your answer.“ Kwangsoo began. „In my opinion you shouldn‘t go after that feeling. Not more than you already have. I know you don‘t want to hear this from me and I sure have better stuff on than giving you advices but you shouldn‘t do anything more than this. Hyuna is still young. She still has to see the things you already saw couple of years ago.“

„I am not talking about the physical contact you might have with her, if you were to date her and I really hope you restraint from that even in your imagination.“ He gave Joongki a warning look before continuing. „You guys are 7 years apart. This is huge with her being 16-17 now.“

Joongki scratched his head while staring at his shoes now. Kwangsoo knew that, that wasn‘t the answer he wanted to hear either. „I am not saying you should forget about your feelings for her nor am I saying you can never have a relationship with her. You can in a few years. But for now this is the best for both of you.“

Although Joongki was indeed drunk he understood perfectly where Kwangsoo was coming from. He didn‘t know Hyuna as much as him but he pretty much summed up his fears.

„I didn‘t know you could give advices like that too.“ Joongki remarked. „Trust me, I wouldn‘t have, if you didn‘t annoy me.“ Kwangsoo retorted.

Joongki laughed only while Kwangsoo remained sulking. He hated Joongki for also not being able to hold a grudge against him.

Just why was he so perfect. Kwangsoo was lacking in everything Joongki aced in.

 

„Get home-„ „Instead of that street get me to XXX.“ Joongki said instread before closing the cab door. Kwangsoo banged against the door before being yelled at by the taxi driver.

„Sorry, Kwangsoo-ah. I still want to drink. I will head home afterwards but thank you for hailing and paying my drive!“ Joongki said before he signaled the driver to start the engine.

 

 

„What, you are going again?“ He scrunched his nose at that while Ah-In shrugged it off. „I don‘t feel like partying only to feel like crap the next day.“

His friend crossed his arms while leaning against the nearby. „That doesn‘t sound like you.“ He concluded.

„I have to be at the University early tomorrow.“ „Yea, that so doesn‘t sound like you.“ Another friend added, who just entered. „What are we even talking about?“ „Forget it, Joon.“ The other sighed while Ah-In shrugged as he left.

„But he really is behaving weird.“ The friend Joon looked at the other one before looking at Ah-In‘s retreating figure.

„He apparently has the hots for Joongki‘s girl.“ Joon said suddenly while sniffing on Ah-In’s unfinished drink before gulping it down in one go.

„WHAT?“

Joon frowned at the other one. „You don’t get around much huh.“

„Who is she?! Oh man, she must be hot or else he wouldn’t go after Joongki’s girl.“ Joon looked at his friend before shrugging. „I wouldn‘t be so sure about that.“ He thought.

Even if Ah-In seemed like he would only go for the looks, he would lose interest within a day after spending time with the outside and „inside“. They would always lose his interest.

However, it was the first time for Joon to witness Ah-In going home earlier and actually focusing on University.

„I wanna see her so bad!“ Joon heard his friend complain. Because according to him she must be a hot babe.

 

 

Hyuna looked frantically around. It was stupid of her to run around looking for Joongki without a clue but a 17 years old girl can only do so much. 

„Ah-In, should we hail a cab for you?“ The security guard asked. „Nah, my car is right around the- Umpf!“ 

Ah-In turned his attention away from him and turned to the one, who bumped into him. He raised his eyes at the girl before pushing her lightly back. „Hyuna?“ She pushed him away from her and was about to run away, when he held her back. „Where are you going? Isn‘t it way too late for you?“

The security guard beside him coughed lightly. To even think that Ah-In would ever say that 9 pm was late.

„Lemme go!“ Hyuna shrieked and hit him but he wouldn‘t budge. Ah-In held onto her while looking closely at her. Without a warning pulled he her towards him right into his chest.

„What the- lemme go idiot Ah-In!“ Hyuna exclaimed while hitting his chest. He pressed her further against him. The security guard raised a curious brow at him. Ah-In dismissed him by a single hand wave and he went inside. Ah-In had a certain status around this area. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter