Kyungsoo ~ Depart

In Love With My Sister's Boyfriend (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek)

"I need to tell you something." I said, making note that my voice doesn't tremble.

I watched Jongin as he slid his tongue over his lower lip and chewed on it. He nodded his head slowly, signaling me to talk.

It had been about two weeks since I met Mark Tuan, and he had scouted me for a record label in America. I hadn't told anyone, not even Baekhyun, that it happened. But it was becoming harder and harder to keep it from Jongin. The moment I began crying in his arms, I knew I couldn't keep it in any longer. I was scared of losing him, if I decided to move to America.

I took in a deep breath, grasping his hand for comfort. "I was scouted." I muttered, my heart racing faster in nervousness.

"Wow, really?" I heard happiness in his voice. "That's amazing, Soo! You deserve it, you know."

I avoided his gaze. I didn't smile, nor did I thank him. How could I smile in a situation like this?

"What's the matter? You don't seem all too excited about it."

I put my head on his chest again, his fingers starting to trail up and down my arm comfortingly. I let a single tear fall down. "It's not for Korea, Jongin."

He kept on doing the same action to my arm, sending shivers in my body. I couldn't imagine what his expression was like. Hurt? Sad? Whatever it was, I didn't want to look. "Then where?"

I swallowed hard, not wanting to break down in tears again. "America." His hand stopped. He remained quiet. I gripped his shirt, tears once again falling down my pale cheeks. "I'm sorry...I-I've kept this from you for a while..." My voice trembled. "I didn't know how I was supposed to tell you, or how you were going to react, or what you would say. It's such a big opprotunity, and I want to live out my dream...but I also don't want to leave you or any of our friends, or Youngmi, my family." I sobbed into his chest, holding my grip on his shirt even tighter. "I don't know what to do, Jongin. Because whatever I decide, it will change mine, and everyone that's around me's, entire lives. And I'm afraid I'll make the wrong choice and regret everything, in the future..."

I felt Jongin's hand fondle my hair. He, again, ran circles on my back and kissed in my hair numerous times. I only continued crying. When I eventually calmed down, he moved my face to look at him.

"I want you to know this, Soo. Whatever your decision, I will always be here to support you. I love you so so much, words aren't enough to describe it. If you stay, then that's fine. If you leave, I'll be there for you."

Tears prickled in my eyes again, as he said those words. I was only worried that he wouldn't support me. That he would leave me, if and when I moved to the States. But he completely supported me, and wanted the best for me. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, wrapping my arms around it. I sobbed again. Not of sadness. But of relief and thankfulness. I was relieved he would always be there for me. I was thankful that I had Jongin in my life, and that he loved me greatly.

He enclosed his arms around my waist, and he whispered sweet nothings into my ear, attempting to cease my cries. When they did, I straddled my legs over his waist, and my arms were at both his sides. He dried my cheeks, brushed my hair off my face, and caressed my lower lip with his thumb. A smile possessed my lips. Jongin smiled back, and leaned his head up to kiss me softly. My lips moved in sync with his, applying the same pressure as he had.

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

I visited my parents' home. I told them about the scouting...and about the decision I made. They smiled, my mother cried.

Then I went to Baekhyun's, which Junmyun, Minseok, Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Yixing were there as well. I spilled everything, the same words I had said to my parents. Baekhyun, along with Minseok and Jongdae, balled his eyes out. Chanyeol, Junmyun, and Yixing gave me encouraging smiles.

The day came. My day where I would move to America, and sign a record label with the company. Jongin drove my car, which I said he could keep now.

As I was about to board the plane, Jongin grabbed me by the wrist and spun me around. "Don't forget to video call me, every morning and night." He carried his gorgeous smile on his lips.

"I'll do my best, Nini." I smiled back, squeezing his tanned hand. Before I could let go, he locked our fingers together, and touched a beautiful kiss to my lips. Out of all the kisses we shared, all the touches exchanged, these were the most beautiful, the most memorable. I kissed him back, but only briefly, when the PA came on.

"Plane to New York is boarding now."

I broke the kiss, and stared at his chocolate colored eyes. They were filled with worry, with love. I smiled up at him again, whispering, "I'll be fine. I promise."

He chuckled, pecked my lips again, and said softly, "I love you. Call me as soon as you get settled in, okay?"

"Mhm, I love you too." I kissed him again, lingering for a few seconds. When the kiss was broken, I released our hands, and went onto the plane.