Jongin ~ Heartbeats

In Love With My Sister's Boyfriend (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek)

I don't really believe in falling in love. To me, love is an idea. An idea that you hold a physical affection for someone, and it will never last long. I thought I loved my best friend. But he completely avoided me when I told him I loved him. I "loved" other girls and guys alike. But they would leave me, just like that.

So I believe love is just a thought, an idea. It doesn't exist. At least to me it doesn't.

Then my older sister, Youngmi introduced me to her boyfriend. He was on the short side, but taller than my sister. He had the darkest, roundest, most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. His heart-shaped smile made my heart beat faster than it should've. His skin was pale, but not unhealthily pale. More than anything, he was kind, reserved, and good to my sister. Which made me happier because my sister was happy.

I wasn't entirely certain that I had fallen for him. Not yet anyway. I liked him, yes, but in love with him? I didn't know.

Youngmi and Kyungsoo, my sister's boyfriend, are university students. I'm a senior in high school. Kyungsoo tends to drive Youngmi and I, which is thoughtful, I'm grateful for that.

I finished doing my uniform tie, and I slipped my school jacket on, fixing my button-up's collar.

"Jongin!" I heard my sister yell from downstairs. I cursed under my breath, stuffing my notebooks into my school bag. "Kyungsoo's here, we gotta go!"

"I'll be right down, Noona!" I yelled back. I brushed my teeth and shook my hair out quickly. Good enough. I ran downstairs, seeing Youngmi waiting at the front door. "Sorry I overslept a bit."

Youngmi rolled her eyes. "I'll be waiting then." She opened the door and walked out. I tied my sneakers and came out after her.

After that, everything happened like any other day. I popped my headphones in, listening to SHINee, which my best friend is in that group. I miss him, these days. Kyungsoo drove, as usual, and my sister and him spoke to each other enthusiastically.

Kyungsoo stopped the car, and I got out.

"Wait, Jongin!" I heard Kyungsoo call. I turned around, the driver's window rolled down and Kyungsoo's head sticking out of it. "I might be a bit late to tutoring today. Gotta stay after classes for something. I'll come over later, yeah?"

I managed to give him an understanding smile. "Yeah. I'll wait then."

I noticed that Kyungsoo smiled, that gorgeous, heart-shaped smile, and bit his lip before driving off. His smile always got to me. It was just something else I liked about him.

"Yah, Kim Jongin!"

I internally grunted. Then smiled. Sehun, a good friend of mine, was calling me. He was annoying, weird, and never shut up. But he was possibly the best person I'd ever known and closest person to me. I ran to him, then seeing Chanyeol standing next to him. Chanyeol waved with a smile.

"You were staring at him again..." Sehun whined to me, leading Chanyeol and I into the school.

"I was not!"

Chanyeol laughed lightly. I glared at him, trying to convince the both of them I was not staring at him.

"My friend, you were staring at him, and nothing can make us stop knowing that." Chanyeol ruffled my dark hair, messing it up in the process.

"Aish..." I groaned, smoothing my hair out. "Fine, I was staring at him," I admitted, "I don't really see a problem with looking at someone you like. A lot."

"Neither do we," Chanyeol smiled down at me, chuckling a little, "but it's fun laughing at in-love-Jongin. You're adorable when you're in love."

I grunted. "As I said many times, I don't know if I love him yet, hyung."

"You'll figure it out. You like him though." Sehun patted me lightly on the shoulder.

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

I went through all my classes. All always boring. Somehow, I was a good student. I only really struggled in Global History class. Could never really wrap my head around that stuff.

But Kyungsoo was really good with that in high school. That's why he's tutoring me. He even had a perfect score on the finals. Youngmi forced him into it, but he didn't seem to mind.

I took the bus home. Coming in, I saw my sister, running around the house frantically.

"Ugh, where the hell are my car keys?!" She yelled.

Just then, I noticed them on the small table in our entrance way. Aish, my sister is so forgetful...

"Jongin, have you seen my keys?" Youngmi called from the living room.

I rolled my eyes, smiling. I grabbed the keys and made my way to the room she was in. I dangled them in front of her. "They were in the foyer, Noona."

She grabbed them quickly, then hugged me. "God, what would I do without you? Thank you, Jongin." She let me go. "I gotta go to work." She pecked my cheek and started towards the door. "Kyungsoo should be here by six, he said! Wait for him!"

"Yup." I called back, putting emphasis on the 'p' sound. "I'll see you later!"

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

"Just why is Ms. Hwang giving a test on only one king? I don't understand it."

"Louis XIV was a prominent role model for other absolute monarchs. He's really important if you want to pass the final."

I threw my head back. Kyungsoo was now here, helping me study for a test I had the next day. "Fine. Shoot." I said, making eye contact with Kyungsoo.

"When did he come into rule?"

"1643, at the age of five." I blinked at what just came out of my mouth.

"When did he die?"

"17...13?" I guesstimated, cocking an eyebrow up.

Kyungsoo smiled. "Close. 1715." He looked down at the paper with questions about the topic. "Why was he known as the Sun King?"

This one was somehow easy for me. "Due to the heliocentric theory, and the ballet he was in once, he called himself the Sun King, and believed everything revolved around him and him only."

"And what was his most famous quote?"

"I am the state."

"In French?"

"Hell no."

Kyungsoo laughed. "I don't blame you. What did he build and why did he build it?"

"Palace of Versailles. And...wasn't it to watch the other nobles to prevent them from killing and overthrowing his family name?"

"Good. You'll be just fine on the test tomorrow, Jongin."

I threw my head back again, relieved the torture was over. Only tutoring part was torture for me. Kyungsoo was possibly the best thing about the tutoring. He was kind about it all, and if I got something wrong, he'd correct it nicely. Unlike other tutors that drove me absolutely nuts in the past.

"And for doing so well, I'll make you dinner." Kyungsoo poked my cheek with his index finger, strutting to the kitchen.

The action brought a smile to my lips. I stood up, coming to the kitchen with him. "Can I help you with anything?"

"No." He snapped, slightly smiling. "The last time you tried to help me, you nearly cut your finger off, and almost burnt your house down."

"But I was an inexperienced child, hyung." I said, walking closer to him as he removed things from the refrigerator. "I know better now."

He shut the refrigerator door, and set the things down on the island counter. "Uh huh." He nodded sarcastically.

"I'm serious, hyung, let me help you. Pleeeeeaaasssseeeee?" I begged, pouting my lower lip out.

"Oh, if you're so serious. Cut up the vegetables, and don't hurt yourself, for God's sake."

Then, I wrapped my arms around him. "You're the best." I said.

I didn't let him go, just yet. Having his small frame in my arms was a nice feeling. It made me happy, in one way or another. The thing that surprised me was that he didn't fight. He didn't push me away, like others would. My heart was beating rather fast, and my face was warm.

If I wasn't mistaken...I could feel his rapid heartbeat against my chest.

A/N

I will mention that this story is older and that I'm planning to rewrite it on Wattpad very soon. I will keep the older version here for old times' sake c;

~your LaDee