The Special One

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There wasn't much of a drastic change between the relationship of Dong Wook and Ji Hyo even after the confession day. They were pretty much close enough to begin with. Only now both of them were extra diligent at making and answering phonecalls. They also made extra effort to see each other on their off days. Despite their effort, not much had change since their schedule were arranged long before. Dong Wook would come to Ji Hyo's place whenever he got some free time. Some days he got lucky and she would be home that night, but most days he just went to an empty dark apartment. It would soon be end of the year 2014 before they knew it. He had a plan on the back on his mind to bring Ji Hyo home to see his parents on Chuseok last September. Unfortunately, she even still worked on those national holidays. 

It was Tuesday night, Dong Wook didn't have much schedule that day. He just went to meet the Roommate team to discuss the second season. He went to Ji Hyo's place after his dinner meeting hoping she would be home after her Running Man filming. It was his lucky night. Ji Hyo came home not long after he arrived. He was just sitting on the couch fiddling with his phone when she came in.

"Hey, you're home!" he welcomed her excitedly. 

"O. You're here. Hey there.." she smiled weakly at him. She looked worn out. 

"Whoa, you look like you just got back from war," he approached her. 

"I did just got back from war. It was a mudflat day. So cold," she shivered a bit. 

He embraced her while patting the back of her head, "You've worked hard."

She enjoyed the warmth of his embrace, closing her eyes. The two lovebirds didn't even realize somebody else was in the room with them. Moonie just entered the house bearing Ji Hyo's stuff, followed by her coordi. They just froze seeing the two lovebirds embracing in the middle of the living room. 

Moonie cleared his throat to break the scene, "Ahem, ahem."

The two got startled and broke the hug instantly looking embarrassed. 

While her coordi just laughed at them, "Excuse me. I'm gonna put this in your room and pack for New York, Onnie."

"Oh Moonie, Annyeong~" Dong Wook greeted him. 

"Yes, Hyungnim. Annyeonghaseyo," Moonie left to help the coordi Noona. 

Ji Hyo and Dong Wook looked at each other and laughed. 

"That was embarrasing," she said. 

"Aniyo~ should we try something more embarrassing?" he .

"Eish..!" she snarled at him. 

They moved to sit on the couch, her head on his shoulder. His hands fiddling with hers. 

"Anyway, you're going to New York?" he asked her.

"Oh. This weekend I think. Magazine shoot. You? Going anywhere this week?"

"Oh. I'm going to China with Sae Ho. There's this variety show."

"Whooo, Lee Dong Wook-ssi... Impressive. Doing variety in China. Good luck!" she encouraged him.

"I'm kinda nervouse about it but since Sae Ho would be there, it shoould be fine."

"It would be fine... You would do great," she said while the hair on the back of his head. 

They just stayed like that for a while. Then Ji Hyo excused herself to change and get ready for bed. She was dead tired but didn't have the heart to kick him out. 

"Dong Wook-ah, I'm sleepy."

"I know. Just go lie in your bed,"

"Can I?" she looked relieved. 

"Of course," he stirred her into her room, following her in. 

He tucked her inside her blankets and then he laid down also beside her, on his side while facing her. 

"What are you doing? Aren't you going home?" she looked puzzled.

"Yaa~ how could you kick me out already? It's been 2 weeks since I saw you. I'll go home after you fall asleep, which is in 5 more minutes," he said.

"Alright..." she gave up and just let him stay.

He snuggled up beside her, watching her sleep. There's no way I'm leaving, he thought. She looked too precious and besides who knows when we'll get some time together again. Soon enough Dong Wook fell asleep as well.

The next morning Ji Hyo woke up to Dong Wook's broad back. He stayed all night, she thought. She traced his back with his fingers. He stirred a bit and then turned to face her. 

"Morning. You're awake..." he mumbled sleepily. 

"Oh, morning. Hey you didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter