Drinking Buddies

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo was resting her head on her palms, watching the meat sizzling on the grill in the middle of dozens empty soju bottles. Her consciousness was fading, drowsiness kicking in. Lee Dong Wook seated opposite her begin nagging, "Ya, time to go home. I'm not gonna carry you home again tonight. Go while you can still walk, Jihyo-ya..."

It was almost midnight, they've been drinking and BBQing since 9 pm in one of the private room at Haha's BBQ place. It has been 2 weeks since they got together and catch up. Three hours just flew by while they were chatting away, venting their exhaustion about work. 

Words just came pouring out of him everytime they meet, that's how comfortable he is around her. Although she claimed that he's such a chatterbox with everyone so this fact didn't make her any special to him. He just smiled away.

"Alright, let's go home... Time for my beauty sleep. Can you ask for the bill?" she said, while fondling with her phone trying to order a car service.

"Yeah. What are you doing? I'll take you home, I got my car. Are you seriously ordering Uber car now? You're so gonna end up on the news. "Drunk Song Ji Hyo acting obnoxious on Uber ride" is going to be breaking news tomorrow" he scolded her.

"Yaa, can you even drive? We drank so much. Also, "Lee Dong Wook taking home drunk Song Ji Hyo on Friday night" would be a bigger news!" she barked back at him.

He chuckled, "Don't worry I got it. Besides, you drink all these almost all by yourself. I said I don't wanna piggyback you home, I don't mind driving though. Let's go!"

They exited the restaurant thru the basement exit straight to his car. Ji Hyo was walking wobbly but she managed to make it to the car. He walked just a step behind her, watching her wobble left and right with amusement. Ji Hyo fell asleep exactly five seconds after he put on her seatbelt, snoring lightly all through their drive home. 

Ji Hyo was sound asleep by the time they reached her apartment. Dong Wook stopped the car near the basement entrance of her building. He turned off the engine and unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Ji Hyo-ya, we're home..." he nudged her gently.

"Ji Hyo, wake up... Is your brother home? Should I call him down here to get you up?" 

She's dead asleep. He let her be for a second. He watched her intently, her face flawless without makeup, her hair falls in disarray on the side of her face. He sighed, if only he didn't missed his timing. If only he didn't messed it all up, who knew what they would be to each other by now. He wished he can turn back time. Wishing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter