Reality Checks

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We should talk in my car. It's more private," Baek Chang Joo suggested to Dong Wook on their ride down the elevator.

"Sure," said Dong Wook, wondering if the CEO was actually going to talk to him about the issue that his own agency just talk to him about earlier today. The same issue that he was hesitating whether or not to disclose to Ji Hyo. 

The two gentlemen stepped into the CEO's black sedan quietly.

"Dong Wook-ssi, I will cut to the chase here. I'm sure your agency called you in today regarding your possible scandal outbreak. If they haven't then I'm more than happy to enlightened you," Chang Joo talked straight to the point.

"No need. I know the situation very well and we are handling it," Dong Wook replied as confidently as he could.

"Good then. However I'm not sure you realize that Ji Hyo was brought up in this mix. I was in a certain meeting with a certain reporter as well today. They know. They know whose name you were yelling before your kiss scene with Park Bom. A reporter claimed that he witnessed Ji Hyo witnessing the entire scene and leaving the club in tears. Although I'm pretty sure he didn't have any photograph of Ji Hyo based on the price that he was asking me."

Dong Wook was left speechless by the CEO's blunt disclosure. He was not aware that Ji Hyo's name could be dragged into this mess. 

Chang Joo continued, "I guess they didn't tell you then. Okay, there are several angles that they could use for headlines here. One, Lee Dong Wook and Park Bom made out in public. Two, Lee Dong Wook drunk and drunkdial Song Ji Hyo. Three, Song Ji Hyo and Lee Dong Wook in a relationship, then Lee Dong Wook cheated with Park Bom. Four, Lee Dong Wook two-timing Song Ji Hyo and Park Bom. Five, Song Ji Hyo and Park Bom fighting over Lee Dong Wook. Do I need to say more?"

The flood of information totally overthrown Dong Wook. There he was, being so simple-minded. His only concern was whether or not to tell Ji Hyo about the possibility of upcoming rumours about him and Park Bom. While on the other hand, the ex-boyfriend and CEO was already handling this issue all the way through. He felt like a moron. 

The CEO cleared his throat, demanding Dong Wook to stop dwelling in his own head. 

"I am well aware of the state of your relationship with Ji Hyo. You two are close and that thing happened and I suppose you're here tonight in her doorway to make things right again. However, your effort may only worsen the situation. Ji Hyo does not know about all this and I plan to keep it that way. She is climbing her way into a bigger market and doesn't need any added distraction. I'm sure if your relationship with her is something of a significance to her, she would come up to us. So far, I heard nothing from her about handling the publicity of her new romance."

The CEO proceeded, "I am handling all the possible headlines concerning Ji Hyo's name, as it should be. I'm sure your agency are pretty busy right now working with YG as well. The last thing you should do right now is getting caught visiting Ji Hyo in late hours, adding fuel to the flames. I'm sure your company got a lot to handle already." 

"Got it. I'll take care of it," Dong Wook replied shortly, despite being dumbfounded and not knowing what to do at all. 

"I'll take my leave now," he said as he exited the CEO's car lifelessly. 

As the CEO's car drove away, Dong Wook found himself standing frozen wondering. Should I stay or should I go? 

Meanwhile upstairs in her apartment, Ji Hyo just stepped out of the shower. She wondered if Dong Wook and Chang Joo were still in conversation. Neither of them contacted her yet. Grabbing her phone, she texted Dong Wook.

"Are you guys still talking? Everything okay?" she typed. 

Dong Wook's phone beeped as the text arrived, it brought his senses back. He stared at her text and turn his back heading to the elevator. 

Shortly he was already at her door again. He rang the bell. Ji Hyo opened it right away. She saw him, standing there in her doorway, his expression dark and grim. She let him in and he silently took a seat on her couch. She sat next to him, concerned. 

"Dong Wook-ah, what's going on? Everything okay?" she asked cautiously.

He sighed before answering, "Ji Hyo-ya... There's so much I have to tell you. I came to make things right, to get you back, to ask you for your forgiveness, to get another chance. But now..." 

She looked at him, getting more confused. 

He continued, "I'm sorry for what happened that night in HK. I was a jerk. The biggest jerk. I don't know how to see you or be around you in public after...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter