In Between

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang Soo's jaws dropped as he witnessed the scene alongside Ji Hyo. As Ji Hyo turned her back and started walking straight towards the exit, he froze for a few seconds before going after her. After a few long strides he was back at her side again. He studied her expression in silence. She looked mong, as usual. She wasn't showing any emotions, just cold as ice. As they reached their rooms, Ji Hyo fished the key out her pocket and tapped it to the door. 

Kwang Soo held her wrist, "Noona...,are you okay? Talk to me..."

"Oh, I'm fine. So sleepy. You should sleep too. I'll see you in the morning. Don't wake me up for breakfast," she answered.

He still held her wrist. "At least let me in," he pleaded, too worried to leave her alone. 

"What for? I'm going to sleep, don't bother me."

"I'll be quiet...," he insisted, still not letting go. 

"Whatever. Suit yourself..." she gave in and let him followed her in. 

She took off her slippers and went straight under the blanket. She pulled the blanket all over her head. A severe headache was pulsating in her skull. All she wanted to do was just shut down her brain. She had neither the energy nor the heart to process and contemplate upon the sight she just saw. I knew it all along, she thought bitterly. It would have never worked between us. 

Kwang Soo stood still, just watching her. He dimmed the lights and sat on the other end of the bed. Ji Hyo's eyes were tightly shut, seemed like she's really asleep. He continued to watch her for a bit with a million things going on his head. Is she hurting? Is she shocked? Are they together or not? His curiosity could kill a lion. He often poured his heart out to her, told her everything. However that's not the case with her. Despite her fierce personality, she is quite a private person. She barely talked about her personal life besides work and her family. He heard some celebrities asked her out after appearing in Running Man, but he never could fish out the details out of her. He wished there was nothing going on between her and Dong Wook. That way, she won't be hurt at all. Quietly he rose up and exited her room, worried that he might fell asleep there. 

Morning came in just a few hours. Kwang Soo got ready speedily as his manager woke him up. He went out and knocked on Ji Hyo's door. Hong, her hairstylist answered the door telling him Ji Hyo was in the shower. Her team was in her room packing her stuff. "Tell Noona I'll wait for her in the car," he told her.

Ji Hyo entered the van looking tired. She got her makeup and hair done, but still her eyes couldn't hide her weariness. He smiled weakly at her and handed her the coffee and pastries. She thanked him and start sipping her coffee gratefully. Halfway to the airport, she still hadn't took a bite of the pastry. Kwang Soo still studied her face intently and quietly. 

"Ya~ Kwang Soo stop staring at me. Your eyeballs gonna pop out," she finally spoke. 

"Noona, have a bite. You're gonna hurt your stomach drinking so much coffee without any food."

"Oh..." she picked up her pastry and took a bite lifelessly. 

Her phone rang. It was Dong Wook calling. She stared at her screen then putting her phone on silent mode. She ignored his call, not exactly sure how to handle him. Her phone continued to buzz, he's calling her persistently. Kwang Soo peeked at her curiously. She finally answered on his third call. 

"Hm?" 

"Ji Hyo-yaa~..." 

"Hm?"

"Ji Hyo-yaa~ where are you? We need to talk," he said weakly.

"Oh. I'm almost at the airport."

"I see. I took the later flight. Ji Hyo-ya~... I... I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry... I heard about last..."

"Don't be, it's fine," she cut him before he could say more. 

"Ji Hyo-yaa~ please.... Please let me apologize. Let me explain. Let me make it right..." he pleaded.

"Aniya... It's fine, Dong Wook-ah..." she answered flatly.

"Ji Hyo-ya~ you must be really upset right now. But I..."

"Noo, it's fine. I'm just sleepy."

"Ji Hyo-ya~ please talk to me...." he sighed, frustrated. 

"I am talking to you. But we're almost here at the airport now. I got to go," she hung up. She wasn't lying. They really had arrived at the airport and they had to get off. They waved and greeted the fans and reporters warmly. Ji Hyo gave out her best smile also, while hiding behind her oversized sunnies. As they passed the immigration and security checkpoint, Kwang Soo took her hand and lead her to the departing gate. They walked and fled back home quietly. She slept on his shoulder the whole flight as he leaned on the window. 

As they arrived in Seoul, Ji Hyo had enough sleep. Her mind begun to wander again as the drowsiness subsides. How would I face him after this? Should I make a big deal out of this? Should I get mad at him? Should I just pretend like it doesn't mean anything? Should we go back to being friends? Can we go back to being just friends? A gazillion scenarios running thru her mind. She hated being in this kind of sticky situation, dealing with feelings. She was skeptical in the first place when he confessed to her. She was not the type to wear her heart on her sleeve. She was quite on the defensive and reserved side when it comes to her heart. Experience has taught her some bitter things. Well, it's not like we ever promised to be exclusively dating or anything. He didn't do anything wrong technically, I suppose. This thing between us has always been kind of vague after all. He never once asked me or labelled me as his girlfirend, and he also admitted to not having the courage of being public with me. I guess I'll just let this one passed. It stings for sure, but it's not like there's anything I can do about it anyway. There, she made up her mind. They were friends after all, best of friends, way before all of this started. 

Her manager started briefing her the manager as they went home to her place. Her phone buzzed, it was Kwang Soo. 

"Oh, wae?"

"Noona, you left so fast without saying goodbye."

"Oh, sorry. It was hectic. I'll see you in 2 days anyway for filming."

"True... Wanna have dinner later?"

"I don't know if I'm gonna be free. I was just about to be briefed before you called."

"Alright, I'll just come by later when you're home, okay?"

"Waee? Just go play with Joongki or something. Why are you pestering me?" 

"Aniyaaa... I won't ask anything. I just wanna hang out. I'll bring Joongki if you want."

"Suit yourself. You're just gonna do what you want despite what I say anyway. Byee... Talk to you later," she hung up. 

Her manager continued to brief her. She got a pretty relaxed schedule the rest of this month. Only 2 more award events and RM filming as usual. The manager also scheduled her for a long overdue din

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter