Decisions and The Boss

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dong Wook woke up with a headache. It might have been the drinks, it might have been the grim thoughts haunting him. He just got back in town, barely resting before he went to Ji Hyo's place, facing all the drama and downing all the drinks. There was a faint knock on the door, his mom calling. He just lie in his bed, staring at the ceiling for a solid 15 minutes before getting up. 

"You're up?" his mother greeted him.

"Oh. Just got up," he said.

"Where were you last night? Only your suitcase arrived with your manager. Come have breakfast," his mother asked. 

"Oh. I went out... Dinner," he answered reluctantly while taking a seat at the dining table facing a spread of breakfast buffet. It seemed like his mother was trying to revive him with an abundance of food. He had always lived with his family, even right now in his mid thirties. He's a family man and most of the time he's grateful for not having to go home to an empty house after a long work day. However, some days like today, he wished he didn't have to spare any details about his sticky personal life, especially to his overly curious mother.

"Oh, dinner where? With whom?" his mother asked further. 

"Ji Hyo's," he answered briefly as he swallowed his rice. 

His mom stopped fixing the side dishes and sat down. "Hmm.. You seem to see her a lot lately. Isn't it kind of late to visit her last night? Are you guys...?"

Dong Wook continued eating to avoid facing his mother and disclosing more information. But his mother is not one to give up easily, especially when it concerns her precious son's personal life. She had worked her ways into finding out about his past relationships and she would do it again. 

"You know that I don't like her, right..." she suddenly declared.

Now, he stopped chewing. "No, I don't. What do you mean? She was nice to you, you were also nice to her as far as I remember. She sends you stuff from her travels all the time. She's also very polite to you," he defended her. 

"Well yes, she's all nice and polite and pretty. But she's not the daughter-in-law material that we're hoping for. She's... brave. Probably more brave than a woman should. I mean, you see her playing rough everyweek on that show with so many men. Wrestling, kicking, jumping from buildings... She's also paired with that rapper guy, right. And you know that racy movie when she went all ... You don't want to marry an actress. She would go around kissing other men for work..." his mother went on and on. 

He put down his chopsticks, slamming it to the table. His mom stopped rambling in shock. "We have the same job. Does this mean you look down on your son too? I don't want to discuss this anymore," he rose from his seat, leaving his meal and going to his room. His mom was left speechless but now she knew how he felt about Ji Hyo, and so did he. 

----------

Ji Hyo's phone had been ringing off the hook but she slept as soundly as ever. Her manager was trying relentlessly to call and wake her up but to no avail. She had a meeting at a TvN that day to talk about the possibility of her next project there. The manager gave up and trying to use his last card, the one that always works. He called Ji Hyo's mom and asked her to call Ji Hyo up. Once the emergency siren ringtone started banging Ji Hyo was instantly jolted awake. She jumped up, frantically reaching for her phone and clearing up before picking up. 

"He-hello, mother."

"Ji Hyo-ya, you're still asleep?" her mother asked in a solemn tone. Mrs Park Gwi Ja is not a woman to be taken lightly. Her charisma alone could disciplined the hot-headed Ji Hyo in a single sentence. 

"No, mom. I'm on my way out now," she answered automatically. 

"Alright. Get going then. Don't make people wait for you. Call me later," her mom said before she hung up. 

"Yes, mother. I'll talk to you later."

Ji Hyo ran to the bathroom to wash up and change. No time for shower, especially in a freezing winter morning like this. She ran out with bags and keys in hand, put on her sunnies and step in the gas as soon as she got in the car. 

The meeting was more like a hangout. Ji Hyo met with writers and director of the drama at a cafe near the station, some she was already familiar with. They discuss the storyline and possible co-stars. It all excites her, the new project seemed like a light bubbly one, with characters kind of similar to hers. The title is "Ex-Girlfriends Club". On the next meeting she would meet with her future co-stars. 

She checked her phone after the meeting, there were some texts and missed calls. A text from her manager read, "Buona Sfera at 7 pm. Dinner with the boss. Don't be late"

Ah, that's right I'm supposed to have dinner with Chang Joo Oppa, she remembered. She was about to head home for a long nice bath, order f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter