Award Seasons - 2

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of MAMA 2014. Last year Ji Hyo also attended the event with Kim Jong Kook. This year she was going to announce an award with Lee Kwang Soo. However, this year felt a bit different. This year she woke up to Lee Dong Wook next to her. Well to be exact, he woke up to her and shook her awake. 

"Ji Hyo-ya, we overslept. The managers are looking for us. Get up, Ji Hyo-ya..." Dong Wook was wide awake. 

The doorbell kept ringing for a while. Ki Bum was at the door alongside his manager. They're panicking as their star was holed up in a room and about to be late for rehearsal. 

Ji Hyo jumped awake at Ki Bum's nagging voice, "Noona! It's me. Get up, noona!"

She ran to the door and let him in. Dong Wook ran out the door even without saying goodbye. This would be bad if anyone see him dart out of Ji Hyo's room in the morning. Ji Hyo ran to the bathroom to shower quickly. By the time she went out of the shower the coordi, hair and makeup team were on standby. She sat dutifully in front of the mirror and let them do the work. In 15 minutes they were all out the door and on their way to the venue. Kwang Soo was already in the car and he looked sour. 

"Noona, let's not be late for once," he spoke harshly to her. 

"Ya! You... Alright sorry, I overslept again," she barked at him at first but seeing him sulky she didn't have the heart to scold him. It was her fault after all.

"Did you wait long?" she tried consoling him.

"O.."

"Did you have breakfast?"

"O...," he was being cold.

"I see..." she gave up and pouted at him.

He handed her a paper bag. There was some croissants inside. He still thought of her at breakfast, knowing she might be late and wouldn't have time to eat. She beamed at him.

"Whoa, gomawo, Kwang Soo-ya.... Indeed, you know me so well," she said cheerfully. 

Kwang Soo gave up on his sulky act, there's no way he would win against this girl. They arrived at the venue and started being directed for rehearsal by the floor director.  The backstage area was beginning to fill up with hosts and performers. They saw some friendly faces and some idols. Ji Hyo spotted Dong Wook in the distance. He was absorbed in a lively conversation with Yoo In Na, his partner for the night. She thought she would say hi later. For now they were focusing on the rehearsals and memorizing the lines. By the time lunch break comes, they pretty much got the hang of it. They got time to go out for lunch but Ji Hyo was so hungry and it would be a hassle to go out anyway so she decided to eat the provided lunch at the venue. Kwang Soo and their team had lunch together with her. Ji Hyo was about to sit down and eat when Jo Sae Ho and Lee Gook Joo dropped by and say hi. They were going out for lunch with Dong Wook and Park Bom. He asked Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo to join them but Ji Hyo politely declined saying they should have fun with the Roommate family. 

Ji Hyo ate her lunch mindlessly. She could not help but be bothered that Dong Wook didn't even drop by to say hi to her at all that day. It was like they didn't know each other, let alone acknowledging the fact that they just spent last night together. If he wanted her to join him for lunch he could have asked her himself. Instead it was Jo Sae Ho who asked her. Some of the Chinese RM members appeared and greeted them, interrupting her thoughts. They said hi and chat a bit. The Chinese RM members invited them to go to the MAMA after party together. Kwang Soo seemed excited to go while Ji Hyo said she would come if she feel better tonight. They continued to rehearse a bit after lunch. After that Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo went back to the hotel to rest a bit and get ready for the night. It seemed like Dong Wook hadn't returned to the venue by the time Ji Hyo left. 

Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo took a short nap and then proceeded to get ready. It was showtime. They arrived on the red carpet. Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo walked down together linking arms. Ji Hyo happily greeted her close friend Choi Yeo Jin on the red carpet. Dong Wook arrived before them and he already took his seat beside Yoo In Na. They were all immersed in the performances while anxiously waiting for their turn to announce. Soon, they were called backstage on standby. Dong Wook and Yoo In Na stood a couple meters behind Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo. He realized eventhough they're practically on the same event, he didn't even talk or see Ji Hyo face to face at all that day. He only saw her from a distance just like now. She was linking arms with Kwang Soo, looking excited and jittery at the same time. She might not even remember that I'm here, he thought. If only he knew, she had been thinking the same way about him all day. Dong Wook decided to shake off the somber feelings and enjoy himself. It's a great event, his friends are here so he might as well enjoy it to the fullest. 

By the time the event was over, they were all in an elevated mood. Well what's to be sulky about if you just saw John Legend performed live. The celebrities were starting to leave the venue. Some stayed back and socialize or give out autog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter