End of Things? (Part 1)

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The thing about Ji Hyo is how well she could just sleep through anything. It could be so loud outside, the fire alarm could go on or the could be a strom outside her windows and she could still sleep soundly. Tonight is no different, except for the fact that the storm was whirling inside her head. She was furious with Chang Joo for keeping her in the dark. He should have told her everything as he would his other talents. Except the fact was, Ji Hyo was not just any other talent in his agency. She knew there's too much personal interest in between them to keep their relationship dynamic strictly professional. She knew now better than ever, their professional relationship too must come to an end sooner than later. Then there's Dong Wook, the guy she stunned outside her bedroom door just now. First, he treated her so coldly after he professed his affections. Then, he went drinking and kissed Park Bom in public. Then, he came to her desperate to make things right only to upset her again by suspecting her with his unreasonable jealousy.

"Argh! That fool!" she grunted to herself.

So much drama for a night. Dramas should be saved for the screen and the viewers, her personal life should be spared from all of it. She sighed deeply, got into bed, pulled the covers over head and shut down her mind for the night. Then she went to sleep, for sleeping is the best remedy for her. 

Dong Wook just sat there in Ji Hyo's kitchen staring at her bedroom door. He was such a fool, again. What should I do now, he wondered. He could stay until morning, until she wakes up and then they could talk and sort this out. However, it's also possible that he would only agitate Ji Hyo furthermore with his persistence. But, what if Ji Hyo thought he didn't care about them if he just left. His head was spinning. Before he could sort out his thought, the front door beeped open. Ji Hyo's brother walked in. 

"Oh Hyung, you're here..." Moonie greeted Dong Wook. 

"Oh~ sorry for intruding all the time."

"Aniyo~ make yourself at home," Moonie replied as he unpacks his shopping bags. 

"But, where's noona? Is she in the bathroom?"

"She went to bed, actually..." Dong Wook replied. "I'm not even sure if I should be here right now," he added. 

"Ah..." Moonie just grasped the situation. They must be fighting and noona just left him to go to bed. Poor guy, he thought. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to put you in an awkward situation, Moon-ah. How's your training?" he tried changing the subject.

"It's okay, hyung. I'm taking some acting classes like the ones noona went to before. It's also really helpful to watch noona work all the time. She's always so busy these days. Mom wants us to come down to Pohang for the new year but noona has to attend the SBS entertainment award on new year's eve. I think Running Man would win some awards," he said with excitement. 

"I see," Dong Wook muttered. He knew how hard it is for them to have free time. These days he seemed to waste her precious spare time with their drama and bickering. Ji Hyo couldn't even make time for her parents and he was partly at fault.  

Dong Wook seemed down hearing about Ji Hyo's schedule and it made Moonie felt bad for him. 

"Hyung, do you want to stay the night? Noona had free time tomorrow if you want to see her. But honestly noona hasn't got a chance to hibernate in such a long while, " Moonie revealed, feeling bad for both Dong Wook and his noona. He knew how much his noona need to hibernate. 

That's right. Dong Wook just realized it's been too long since Ji Hyo got to sleep for more than 12 hours straight. He knew as well how important that is for her to recharge that way. 

"You're right, Moon-ah. She should rest. I think I'm just gonna go home tonight. Thank you for telling me all these. Take good care of her, will you? I'm going..." he smiled weakly at Moon, as he gathered his stuff and walked towards the door. 

"Alright, hyung. Good night."

---------

Ji Hyo slept through the night like a rock, not moving an inch. When she finally stirred out of thirst and soreness, it was already 2 pm. She peeked thru her left eye, searching for water. There was a glass of water on her bedside table along with a small carton of milk and some bread. It must be Moonie, she thought and smiled half asleep. Her baby brother knew her so well. He let her sleep and provided necessary sustenance for her so she could just grab a bite and go back to her slumber. She reached for the water and downed the whole glass at once. She ate half of the bread and finished the milk with her eyes only slightly open. Then she went back under her blanket and continue her sleep after a good stretch. 

She woke up again right before the evening came. She went out to find the house empty. Her brother must be out. There was food on the table, obviously left for her. She heated it up and started eating mindlessly. She has yet to check her phone, not ready to respond to all the messages and missed calls just yet. She looked out her window, it was dark already. The nightlights were gleaming through her floor-to-ceiling windowpanes. The city looked busy and yet it was dead quiet in her home. She cherished moments like these, to be in her private space, away from judging and prying eyes were her luxury. She went to the bathroom and proceed to take a nice long bath. 

-----------

Dong Wook's day wasn't as peaceful or leisurely as hers. He was summoned to his agency since early morning. The agency executives were all infuriated by his almost scandal. They kept lecturing him over the implications if his little stunt with Park Bom were to be leaked by the press. He was about to lose some major leading opportunities and endorsement deals if he ever got involved in an embarrassing scandal with such a problematic character like Park Bom. The agency were busy trying to buy the story from the paparazzi in Hong Kong but of course they were beaten by Baek Chang Joo who moved fast and now got the upper hand over Dong Wook's agency. Not to mention they also have to ask for favors here and there from the other Roommate casts that witnessed the happening on that unfortunate night. It was like he was being in detention in high school all over again. He could only sit there with his head down. 

He has been texting Ji Hyo throughout the day but has yet to receive any reply. 

Dong Wook : are you up? 

Dong Wook : feeling any better? 

Dong Wook : wake up and eat something then go back to your sleep

Dong Wook : Ji Hyo-ya~ still asleep? Call me later, okay? Please....

Suddenly his manager entered the meeting room he's in with a grim look on his face. 

"Hyung,... I have something to tell you. This time please, I beg you please listen to us. We really can't afford you keep going off doing your thing. I know this would be really hard for you but..." his manager said while sighing heavily.

"What do you mean?" Dong Wook asked impatiently.

"The thing is..." his manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter