Bubblegum Days

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dong Wook had started filming for his new drama. He was pretty busy but things were good with Ji Hyo. She was busy as well with Running Man fanmeets all over Asia. She had been travelling heavily and he had been busy filming day and night. Nevertheless, these were their bright days. Despite the distance and schedule, they texted and talked regularly. Keeping each other updated almost daily. Nothing is set in stone, they were not also committing to anything. They were just enjoying this state. 

One day after filming Dong Wook got a whole day of break.

He called Ji Hyo right away, "Where are you? I got a day off."

"Hello to you too, ahjussi. I'm packing. I'm leaving for Taipei tonight,"

"Ah really? This ... When will I get to see you?" he whined.

"Haha, soon. I'll visit you on set on my day off," she laughed.

"Wheeen? I'll take your word for it," he wouldn't let her off the phone.

"One day. One day when I'm free, okay? I really got to go now. I'll text you later. Annyeong~ rest well, ahjussi," she hung up on him.

Ah, such a cool woman, he thought to himself. He decided to take a much needed nap. Maybe he'll go home to his mom or call up some friends for a drink later tonight. But for now, he's gonna watch Running Man and took a nap.

Dong Wook watched some backed RM episodes. He watched the one when Lee Jong Suk came and acted all chummy with her, the one when Kim Dong Jun watched her sleep, the one when Park Seo Jun went too far with the pepero game and practically kissed her. There he drew the line. He need to stop watching, these are not doing him any good. He was just fuming with jealousy. 

He texted her, "Ji Hyo-ya, landed in Taipei yet? Call me."

No reply,yet. 

The thing is Dong Wook understands very well what it's like to work in entertainment industry. Some who were very brave and very sure, they date in public, they commit, they got married and started a family. While some who were not very brave, those at an uncertain phase of their career they can't afford to go public and to commit. Hence the dating in secret.

They are not even dating, he thought. Well not for the lack of attraction between them but the stakes were too high for them. They never discussed it openly, but they both knew. He's working hard to secure his label as best-selling hit drama main lead. He was in a slump for a while since his last drama didn't do very well both domestically and internationally. That's why he's working extra hard in his upcoming dramas and variety projects. While Ji Hyo is making her way into the rest of Asia, her Hallyu status under the banner of RM and Monday Couple was on the rise. She had a fanmeet in different parts of Asia practically every weekend for the past few months.

Also, now that she is doing so well, he can't help but feel small in front of her sometimes. Not that she ever made her feel that way. He blamed his own inferiority complex.

A ping from his phone interrupted his thoughts. "I'm here. Just got to the hotel. It's a chaos out here. Going out to dinner now. Hotpot!!"

Ji Hyo lied flat on the bed, trying catch her breath. The welcome at the airport and the whole circus following them to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter