Wrapping Up The Year

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in Choi Yeo Jin's living room, they were clearing up the tables as they finished their breakfast.

"Ah, so full, " Ji Hyo sighed as she picked up her plates heading to the sink. 

"Ji Hyo-ya, no need to wash the dishes. I'll have Pil Mo Oppa do them later. Just give Kwang Soo a tour before you two head back," Yeo Jin said playfully.

"Ah really? Gomawo, onnie. Gomawo, oppa~" as she laughed wickedly to Pil Mo.

"Let's go Kwang Soo. I'll show you around."

Kwang Soo followed Ji Hyo to the backyard and they walked towards the trees beyond the fence of the backyard. 

"Isn't it so nice in here? So cold though, but still so nice," Ji Hyo chimed.

"Oh," Kwang Soo agreed.

"Are you okay now?" he asked. "You must be, considering the video call with Dong Wook hyung this morning. I guess you guys made up."

"Hmmm. I guess so. Well what's happened has happened. Nothing gonna change that. Also honestly I'm just tired of arguing and overthinking. This is better."

"So he is forgiven then?" Kwang Soo pried further.

"Maybe... I'm not sure. Besides who am I to forgive or not to forgive him. Let's just say that we... Ah-choo!" Ji Hyoo sneezed loudly that they both laughed out loud.

"Noona, wipe your snot and let's go back already. You didn't forget the award show tonight, right? Come on," Kwang Soo wrapped his arms around her shoulder and steered her back into the house. 

"Arasso, let's go," Ji Hyo walked back in his arms, enjoying his warmth. 

Ji Hyo gathered her stuff and bid goodbyes to her two best friends. 

"Byeee~" Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo cheered in unison as they wave goodbye to Yeo Jin and Pil Mo from the car as Kwang Soo drove off from the front yard. 

Kwang Soo closed her window and warmed up her seat. 

"Ah so nice and warm..." Ji Hyo pondered as her eyes dimmed.

"Noona, you just wake up. You're not gonna sleep now, right? You can at least stay awake as I drive all the way to get you," Kwang Soo nagged at her.

"Yaa, let me sleep a little. Or else I'm gonna look swollen tonight. Also, you came here on your own. Hmm, anyway, what's gotten into you? Picking me up here all the way in the countryside."

He fell silent for a split second, lost for words. "Nothing, just feel like going on a drive. Besides, Seong Moon got class this morning so he can't fetch you. Am I nice or what?" 

"Fine, fine. You're a decent human being. Or... do you like me that much? Just admit it!" Ji Hyo joked.

"Ya! Get over it! Do you want to get drop off here?" he threatened her.

"Yaa yaaa! Fine... Gomawo Kwang Soo-ya, my lovely dongsaeng," she said being overly sweet while leaning to his arms. 

"Ya-ya, you-you're giving me goosebumps," he stuttered as he fell silent. 

He proceeded to drive in silent as he could feel Ji Hyo's head nodded off to sleep on his arms. The silence was interrupted by his phone ringing. Ji Hyo stirred from her sleep. Kwang Soo answered the phone shortly.

"Noona, you're up? Should we go to Cheongdamdong right away? You can't rest much anyway if you go home. We'll grab lunch and head to the beauty shop after."

"Hmm, sure," she said sleepily while picking up her phone and started texting. "I'm gonna tell my team."

As they entered Seoul, Ji Hyo was fully awake and her stomach was grumbling for lunch already. Kwang Soo laughed hearing her stomach rumble and headed to lunch. 

They headed to a Japanese restaurant for a light lunch. "I'm hungry, but we can't a lot now. My dress is going to be tight tonight," Ji Hyo sulked as she ordered a plain grilled fish while Kwang Soo ordered a whole set meal. They ate lunch briefly and headed to the beauty parlour to get ready. 

Ji Hyo went get a full body treatment before getting her makeup done. When she got out to get her makeup done Kwang Soo was already in full setting. He only need to put on his suit and he's done. He was sitting on the couch behind Ji Hyo, playing with his phone before dozing off soon.

As Ji Hyo was done couple of hours later, her face was painted flawless and her hair was curved loosely and tidily. She chuckled as she passed the sleeping Kwang Soo on her way to change into her dress. She threw the blanket she was wearing over him. She slipped into a bright pink floor-lenght bodycon Herve Leger dress that showed her every curve effortlessly. 

Ji Hyo stepped out from the changing room to see Baek Chang Joo already sitting next to Kwang Soo who looked uncomfortable. The two men looked at her in awe they barely can keep their jaw from dropping. Kwang Soo went to get changed as his stylist called him up, leaving the two alone.

"There you are," said the CEO with his megawatt smile as he approched her and leaned in to peck her on the cheek. "Perfect. So pretty," he said as he flashed his proud smile once again like a father who saw his daughter graduating. 

"O-Oh, thank you, oppa," surprised by his actions, Ji Hyo slightly pushed him away. 

"Come, I'll take you to the award," he said.

"Oppa, I was gonna go with Kwang Soo. We're going to meet with the other members and arrive together at the red carpet."

"Ah really? Alright. Then I'll pick you up later then. Dinner after the awards? I bet you're starving yourself," he persisted. 

Ji Hyo hesitated before answering, "But.., we're going to have gathering later after the awards. It's been our traditions every year, oppa..."

"Ah I see. I guess, there are other days..." he said, as if meaning something more.

"Ahem," Kwang Soo announced his presence, interrupting their awkward moment. "Noona, should we go now? Jae Suk Oppa asked to be picked up at the shop nearby," he said. 

"I should go now, Oppa." Ji Hyo said to Baek Chang Joo. Kwang Soo bowed politely to him also.

The car was already waiting for them at the door. The manager opened the door and Kwang Soo offered his arm to Ji hyo to help her climb into the van. "Thank you, " she said quietly. "For helping me escape..." she added.

"Does he always treat you like that? As if you're his?" Kwang Soo asked coldly.

"I don't know what has gotten to him lately. Acting that way... I'm also uncomfortable," she confessed.

"Not much I can do anyway. Not as long as he's still my boss," she added.

"Aren't you going to change age

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter