Award Seasons - 1

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bzzz Bzzz! Ji Hyo's phone buzzed with the incoming phonecall. She picked up right away. 

"Oh Ji Hyo-ya. What are you doing?" 

"Annyeong. I'm on my way to Gangnam. Dress fitting. You?"

"Oh. I'm at the gym. You're going to HK next week for MAMA, right? Me too."

"Ah that's right. I guess we'll see each other there."

"How's your schedule after that? Should we extend our stay another day?"

"Hmmm, I don't think I can Wookie-ya~ I got RM filming on the next day then some CF filming too."

He sighed, "Alright... Got it. I just thought I'll try."

"Hmm, I guess we can try it next time. Have your manager sync the schedule with mine. Maybe it could work..." she tried consoling him.

"I guess.... I haven't seen you for more than a month though. I'm starting to forgot your face," he sulked.

"Haha, you should search me up then. But I think we'll see each other a lot this month. You're coming to Gayo Daejun and the Entertainment Awards too,right? Also, we could be on the same flight to HK."

"Hmm, I'm not sure about the Entertainment Awards. What about New Year's Eve? Should we go somewhere?"

"Wook-ah... I'm going to China for New Year's. There's this Chinese RM special event. I'm going with Suk Jin oppa."

"Oh I see... "

"Wook-ah... I also want to get some days off. But... You know. Where are you staying in HK? I'll get to see you if you stay in the same hotel. Should we arrange it? I'll ask Ki Bum, okay..."

Dong Wook lost his interest already, "Alright... I guess that could work."

"Can I call you back later? I'm here in Gangnam already. Have a good workout, Wookie-ya~"

"Oh. Bye..."

Dong Wook felt defeated. They haven't went out anywhere since he confessed. At most, he would see her at her place. The funny thing was, they used to go out for drinks and late dinners before. These days Ji Hyo's just way too busy for that kind of outing. 

Sigh. Dong Wook texted his manager to arrange the same flight and hotel as Ji Hyo's for the HK MAMA trip. He went on to finish his work out that day. His manager called right after he finished his work out. 

"Hyung, I've aranged what you asked me," his manager reported. 

"Ah, okay that's good. That was easy."

"Hyung, actually it wasn't that easy. Her manager seemed reluctant to give the info at first. He had to check back with her. Actually Hyung, I don't think this is the best idea also. I mean, this one time is fine but... something bad could happen if you plan doing keep doing these sort of stuff. You understand right, Hyung?" the manager seemed worried. 

"Oh... I got it. I'll take care of it. Don't worry," he hung up. Sigh. Nothing comes easy with this job, he thought. 

The day of their departure to Hong Kong arrived. It was the beginning of December already. As usual Dong Wook and Ji Hyo went to get their hair and makeup done for the sake of getting their airport fashion photos taken. As the MAMA was a big deal, the reporters were sure to be at the airport to document their departures. Ji Hyo texted him while he was still at the beauty shop.

"Wook-ah, I'm going to the airport in a bit. I'll see you soon? We're on the same flight, right?"

"Oh, I'm leaving too in a bit. Just finishing up my hair. See you soon, Ji Hyo-ya~"

"You're getting your hair done? Hehe, I'll greet you with my bedhead..." Ji Hyo texted back. 

Ji Hyo was on such a tight schedule she barely got enough sleep last night, let alone time to get her hair done. She put on her outfit and tucked her hair inside her thick and heavy coat. Korean winter days are really harsh. She hated the chilly breeze the most, especially today when she's not feeling her best. Sniffing her nose repeatedly, she went out and braved the weather. Kwang Soo was already waiting in her basement. They went together as they would be flying together and representing the awards together. She liked travelling with Kwang Soo anyway. He protects her well all the time and he is so tall there's no way she can lose him in a crowd. They just went to Hong Kong together also earlier this month to attend some Christmas events. 

As she exited the gate, the door to the black van in front slide open for her. Kwang Soo was waiting inside with some hot tea for her. 

"Whoa, noona. You look real haggard today. Gotta do something to those eyebags."

"Eish, be quiet!" she barked at him. She was sniffing her nose more often than usual.

He got worried and handed her the cup of hot tea. 

"Here, have a sip. But I'm serious, noona. Better put some more makeup on before we arrive in Incheon."

Ji Hyo gratefully took a sip and relished the warmth travelling to her insides. 

"O, got it," she said and started fumbling around her bags to find her BB cream. 

She gave up after patting some BB cream and putting on some lip tint. 

"Wake me up later, Kwang Soo-ya~" she said weakly. 

"Oh. Sleep, noona..." he said as he adjusted her seat to make her more comfortable.

She hummed to thank him. He got it. He put his coat over her and let her doze off quietly.

Kwang Soo woke her up right before the van pulled up on the departure hall. He could see the reporters lining up around the gate already. He shook her gently and told her to bulk up. Ji Hyo straightened her coat and tucked her her inside. The wind looked harsh outside. They went out together, walking side by side. The cameras started flashing fiercely towards them. Some fans were also waiting inside the departure hall. They got caught up in a crowd of fans and reporters. Kwang Soo got held up giving some signatures, Ji Hyo walked faster but eventually got caught up to take some pictures with the fans. Kwang Soo kept glancing at Ji Hyo ahead of him. He could not see her in the crowd. He pushed his manager to catch up with Ji Hyo instead. They reached the security check point and eventually went in after bowing a dozen times to the public. They went past immigration and walked fast to the boarding gate. The staffs followed behind. 

Dong Wook had also arrived at the airport. He reached the board

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter