The Variety Filming Day

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a over a week after Dong Wook passed out alongside Kwang Soo and Joongki in Ji Hyo's apartment. He woke up with a pulsating headache the morning after. Joong Ki was dead asleep on the couch next to his. Kwang Soo was nowhere to be seen at first. He quickly leapt to his feet thinking if this guy dared entered Ji Hyo's room. He sighed relief as he saw him sleeping peacefully with Moonie in his room. There seemed to be no sign of Ji Hyo is being awake. The door to her room is tightly closed. Seemed like she's gonna follow through with her plans of sleeping through until Sunday. He washed up a bit and gathered his stuff, he got to head home and prep for his photoshoot that afternoon. He's a bit uneasy leaving her place filled with these two guys. There's nothing he can do anyway, got a schedule to follow. 

Helplessly he head out, texting Ji Hyo on his way down

"Ji Hyo-ya, I'm leaving. Text me when you're awake. Let's hang out on Sunday. Get up soon!"

He thought they would get to hang out again sometime last week but unfortunately their schedule kept clashing. Ji Hyo woke up on Saturday afternoon. They exchanged a few text the following week but Ji Hyo seemed distant. He assumed she was too busy to focus on replying him. That's how it is with their communication sometimes. They can tell easily if the other person's mind is occupied with work. He didn't mind at all though, he knew they would meet tomorrow. He would be a guest in Running Man and she didn't know anything about it. It's going to be a surprise.

That Monday morning he woke up at dawn. He was already on the road to filming site by 3 am. He felt bad for Ji Hyo. Is this how early she always started her day, he wondered. They were really going far this time but he didn't mind at all. He would see her in a few hours, in her hometown.

They both reached Pohang by sunrise. Ji Hyo was still sound asleep by the time her manager shook her awake. 

How long has it been since she came home to Pohang, she thought. The PDs briefed her on today's concept. She was to go alongside the pier to find her partner for the cooking race of the day, that's all she's told. 

Breathing in the salt in the air, she saw the tall figure in the same uniform as her. Wait, it can't be him..., she thought excitedly.

"Partner~! Dong Wook~yaaa! So nice to meet you!!" she exclaimed so excitedly while jumping into his arms. He welcomed her in a big hug. They were really excited to be with each other on working days. They started their mission right away, totally enjoying the filming, almost forgetting it was work. Ji Hyo was in such a good mood that she got to go spend the day in her hometown with her best friend moreover. She got to show him where he grew up and feed him fresh seafood she loves so much. He was equally happy, he got to see her in her natural environment. He even got to meet some of her relatives. 

They proceed to Seoul after they finish the mission in Pohang. The ride to Seoul would take around 4 hours. Plenty of time for them to rest and chat. They chatted for a while before Ji Hyo passed out as always. He just laughed softly looking at her sleeping so soundly with slightly open. It was a very cold day in January. He couldn't fall asleep that easily. He fidgeted with his phone for a while. Her manager gave him a blanket to keep warm. He put the blanket over her and slid closer to her, letting her head dropped to his shoulder before he fell asleep as well.

"We're here," the PD notify them as they reached SBS lobby. They both startled awake and jolted apart from each other. It would be awkward for the VJ to film them in that sweet pose. 

They proceed with the cooking competition after meeting all the other members. Unfortunately, it seemed like the two of them have no flair for cooking. They just laughed helplessly at their suspicious looking porridge. Of course they didn't win and they got a scolding from the judges. It was inevitable. 

The filming wrapped up around 9 pm, which was pretty early for Running Man standard. The members were all in a good mood due to the early finish. The members asked the guests to have dinner together. All the other guests rejected politely claiming their early schedule for the next day. The members were closer to Dong Wook and they insisted we all go to dinner. He glanced at Ji Hyo knowing there's no way he can get out of this. 

They went to Itaewon for dinner at Hong Seok Cheon's Thai place. Dong Wook told Ji Hyo to send her staffs h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter