Chapter 1

Bokeh

Chapter 1: Stark


I gasped and opened my eyes. I find myself inside a room. I sat up and looked around. It's like I'm in a hospital looking at the thing placed on my hand. The door opens and a nurse comes in. She gasps and smiles approaching me.

"Oh my! You're awake! Thank goodness! Stay here okay? I'm gonna call for them." 

"Um w-" before I was able to ask her, she left. I sighed and stayed as I was told. I stayed like this for minutes. I was contemplating on what is happening. Why am I here? Did something happen? Who is she calling? Who am I? I don't remember anything. After a while, the door slammed open. Good thing it didn't broke though.

"Kana?!" A guy exclaimed. He's huffing. Did he rushed over here knowing that I'm awake? 


"Um.." He smiled and hugs me. I gasped in surprise. Who is this guy?

"Kana, thank goodness. I'm glad you're awake. Oh god. Kana.." He kept on calling me that for a number of times. I guess I'm called Kana. He releases me and held my cheek. This guy is crying. Is he someone important to me? Am I that important to him?

"Um.. Who are you?"

"Kana.. What are you saying?" He says. The door opens again and a guy with a little girl on his arms comes in. 

"Ka..na?" He says. 

"Chanyeol, go outside for a moment. Take So Ah with you." The guy says. But the guy named Chanyeol kept on looking at me. "I said go for now Chanyeol." 

"Why? I want to talk to Kana Baekhyun-"

"Please."

I guess this guy's called Baekhyun. Chanyeol leaves the room with the little girl named So Ah. "Uncle? Why are we going out?" I heard the girl says before Chanyeol closes the room. Now I am alone with Baekhyun.

"Kana, do you really don't remember anything?" He asks. I shake my head and he looks really surprised. "I see. Then I will introduce myself. I am Byun Baekhyun. I am your brother."

"Oh. Me? Who am I?" I asked.

"You're Kana. Byun Kana." 

"I see." So I'm called Kana and this guy's my brother. So I am important to him. "Oh, those two earlier, who are they? Are they my friends?" My next question seem to surprise him even more.

"So Ah and Chanyeol, you don't even remember them?"

"No.. I'm sorry.." 

"I see. Then we should go see a doctor first okay? I'm afraid if I tell you everything, something might happen." 

And we did. The doctor have diagnosed that I have amnesia. A retrograde amnesia to be exact. They told me that I have been on an accident and that may have caused me to lose my memories. My brother asked the doctor on how much will it take for me to recover my memories. He said that he can't tell that exact time. Some may take them days, weeks, months, years but some didn't even remember anything in the worse case. He said that it will be all up to me. I was also told that I can go home tomorrow since the tests that have been conducted to me was satisfactory. We returned to my room and I was told to rest for the day.

"Oppa, about those two earlier-" he smiles and shakes his head.

"Not yet. I'm not going to tell you until you're ready okay? Tomorrow might be good so just sleep for today okay?" I smiled and nod. He kisses my forehead and tells me goodnight. I close my eyes and look forward to tomorrow.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I open my eyes as the brightness of the sun stung my eyes. I sat up and saw my brother opening the window. "Good Morning."

"Good Morning." I replied as I sit up. 

"Time to go home." I smiled and nod. He's fixing the things that I have. Everything is still not clear to me but I trust my brother to this. We headed out and I see that he have his car with him. I guess we are on average when in comes to social status. He placed the bag at the back and he instructed me to sit in front. He places my seatbelt for me and I thank him. I can see that he looks after me so much. I look at the way that he's taking and I can tell that it's a little familiar to me.

Kana..

I gasped hearing a voice. "Kana? What's wrong?" Baekhyun asks.

"N..Nothing." What was that? I just heard a voice or is it a memory? It sounds like a guy. The car stopped and we have arrived at a house. My brother pulled over up front and told me to go ahead while he parks the car. 

"The passcode?" I asked. I don't have anything right now so I am asking.

"Your birthday." He replied. I look at him weirdly and he chuckled. He just messed with me huh? "Try to figure it out. Consider it as an exercise." I laughed and got off. I walked up front of the door and stared at the door. My birthday, so when was it? I don't even know my name if they didn't call me Kana, now they're expecting me to know my birthday.

"0801." I flinched hearing a voice. I looked back and saw the guy from yesterday, I guess he's called Chanyeol. Good work Kana, at least you remembered something. "So it's true that you don't remember anything." He placed the passcode and the door opened. He stepped to the side for me and I walked in. The house was big for two people to live in it. Do I have parents? I haven't seen them even back in the hospital.

"Does our parents live with us?" I asked. 

"No. They're living in the states."

"Oh. Then does Chanyeol live with us?" 

"Yeah-"

"Uncle!" A kid called from the room and approached my brother.

"Whoa there So Ah!" He chuckles and takes So Ah on his arms. So Ah looks at me and pointed. 

"Is unnie well now?" She asks. I think she's pertaining to me so I nod. She smiles and reaches out for me so I carried her. I smiled as soon as I got in contact with her. She's so cute and little, carrying her feels great. "So Ah's happy. So Ah's been visiting unnie everyday with Uncle Chanyeol."

"Everyday?" I looked at Chanyeol. "How old are you little girl?" Soah smiles and holds up two fingers. She's two years old. "I see. And your parents?"

"Papa's dead and Soah's Mama is sick."

"Is that so?" Poor her. I smiled and ruffle her hair. "Then you can stay here until your Mama gets well right? Unnie will take care of you." So Ah smiles and nods. This child's touch makes me feels light as every moment pass. 

"Let's eat breakfast shall we? Chanyeol help me prepare it." Baekhyun says and they both headed to the kitchen. I smiled at Soah and carried her to my arms again.

"So Ah, want to play with Unnie? I may not remember doing things but I think can play with you."

"Mm! So Ah will play with Unnie!!" She said with excitement. She pulled me to her room and I find it cute. There are unicorns everywhere. That's weird. I feel happy just by seeing it. Do I like unicorns too? "Unnie! So Ah wants tea! Pour it for me." So Ah says from her little tent.

I chuckled and stepped inside though I can't fully fit on the tent, I tried my best to. "Here you go little princess. The best tea for you." I said and grabbed the purple teapot placing 'tea' on her purple cup. She giggles and takes a 'sip' from the cup and I smiled looking at her. God she's so cute.

"Breakfast is ready your highness." Chanyeol says smiling as he leans on the doorframe with his arms folded on his chest. 

"Uncle!" So Ah says and runs to him. I smiled and stood up but then I felt dizzy all of a sudden. 

Unicorns again Kana? You really like things that don’t even exist.

I gasped and fell on the floor. "KANA!" I heard Chanyeol shout. I find myself in his arms and he calls my name repeatedly.

"Chanyeol?" 

"You okay?!" He asks looking worried. I sat up and nod. He sighed in relief. "I think it would be better if you have breakfast on your room. Come, I'll help you there." He takes my hand and we make our way to my room.. I think? I don't actually know if this is really my room. I step in the bed and he pulled the covers for me. I feel dizzy all of a sudden. I felt a hand on my finger and saw So Ah looking at me. 

"So Ah.."

"Is unnie alright?"

I smiled and nod. "Yes. I'm okay, so don't worry.."

She smiles and nods. Chanyeol comes back with my breakfast and he helps me sat up. My brother walks in next and sighed in relief. "We just got out from the hospital and this happened huh?"

"Sorry.." I replied. He smiled. "I'll take So Ah. Chanyeol, please help her eat okay?"

"Yeah, I got this." Chanyeol replied and sat on the bed. My brother took So Ah with him and closes the door. "Now eat."

"I can eat by myself. You don't have to be burdened by me.."

"I'm not burdened at all so eat okay? You look really pale, are you fine now? I was really frightened earlier."

I smile. "Yeah I'm fine now. I think I just remembered something earlier when I got into So Ah's room."

"Really? What is it?"

"I don't know. The guy was looking at me but I can't see his face. He told me that I like things that doesn't exist." 

"Oh.." Chanyeol says and looks away. Did I say something? "Go and eat now."

I nod and started eating. Why do I feel that he knows something?

- - - - - - - - - - 

I look at myself in the mirror. I am a college student. My brother says I'll be turning twenty one this year on August. I don't know why but going to school makes me so nervous. It's like the first day again. I don't even know if I can use the word 'again' because I don't remember going to school. I heard the door open and saw little So Ah peeking on me. I smiled and walked towards her.

"Hello." She smiles and steps inside. She holds the clip on my hair and smiles.

"Unnie is pretty in her clip."

"Really? Does So Ah wants it too?"

She shakes her head. "No. Uncle says I look good in my pigtails."

"Do you go to school So Ah?"

She shakes her head no. "Uncle says I can go on my next birthday because Soah's not old enough yet."

I smiled and pat her head. "I see. Then So Ah should try her best and grow so she can go to school too right?"

"Yes!" I chuckled at her cuteness and I carried her downstairs. Chanyeol's preparing breakfast with my brother. He smiled seeing me and So Ah. He always does though.

"Good Morning Princess." I flushed. I know that it was not me that he was referring to but So Ah. I cleared my throat and sat on the chair. I saw medicines on my plate. It's tiring taking them each day. It's been two weeks since I've been out from the hospital. The door opens and a lady comes in.

"Oh, ahjumma!" My brother greeted. "It's been a long time! How have you been?" My brother asks.

"I'm fine Baekhyun." The lady replied and looked at me. "I guess you're fine now Kana?"

"Ah yes.." I replied but I don't remember her.

"Oh right. You have lost your memories. I am your nanny since Baekhyun and you are little. I've been taking care of you ever since."

"Oh I see. I'm sorry I can't recognize you."

She smiles and shakes her head. "No dear. You just have to try your best and be well again okay?"

"Yes."

"Okay! Let's eat!" My brother remarked and we did. Breakfast was good. I guess that was the usual breakfast that I eat. The three of us headed to the train station and waited for the train. My head started to ache again. This happens when I remember something.

Thank you for helping us!

What was that? There is that guy again. And our nanny was there with me. "Kana?"

"Huh? What?" Chanyeol and my brother looks at me confused.

"Are you alright Kana?" Baekhyun asks.

"Y..Yeah." I replied and the train arrived. We stepped inside and took our seats. Something about trains remind me of that person. "Oppa, do I usually ride trains with someone else?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh it's nothing. I think I just remembered riding trains with someone else. Nanny was there too." I noticed that Chanyeol's expression had changed. I don't know why though. "Chanyeol?"

"Oh? Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" I asked. He smiles and nods but I don't think he is though.

- - - - - - - - - - 

"So this is school." I mumbled and scanned the place. It looks foreign to me than I had expected. I thought being here would give me a clue about remembering but to my disappointment, it didn't.

"I was told that you have to repeat your second year Kana, since you've been gone for almost two years."

"I see. What year and course are you both in Oppa?"

"We're in our third year. Chanyeol's studying photography, I study music. Your course is psychology." He replied.

"I see." I wonder if I will make any friends. Or do I already have friends? I don't know anymore.

"Kana?" I turned around and saw a girl. Her hair is as black as mine and it's long up to her elbows. "Oh my god. Kana unnie!" She exclaims and hugs me. I don't remember her but I think I now have a friend.

"Um.. you are?"

"So you really don't remember. I am your best friend! Lu-"

"Meilee." Chanyeol grabbed her arm and said.

"Oppa-"

"I told you." Chanyeol said firmly.

"Um, so you're my friend?" Meilee looks at me and nods.

"Yeah, we're actually going to be on the same year now since you repeated."

"That's great then." I smiled in relief.

"We have to go to our class now. We'll see you at lunch Kana." Baekhyun said.

"Mm. See you later."

"Are you okay now?" She asks as we continued to walk.

"Yeah I guess. Though I don't have a clue about other things. I hope you'll help me remember them Meilee."

She smiles. "Yeah, I hope too." She replied but her reply feels sad to me. I wonder what happened? "Oh right, is So Ah fine? when I visited there last time she's sick."

"You know So Ah?"

"O..Oh? Oh! I..Isn't he Chanyeol's relative?" 

"Oh is she? I didn't know that."

"W..Well that's a given right? Since you don't remember anything."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

We reached the classroom and I went in. I sat on the seat next to Meilee and we waited for the teacher to arrive. I just hope that everything goes well for me today with me not knowing anything about everything.