Chapter 6

You and Me

Chapter 6       

Jessica ,Yuri and I was sitting in the boardroom,preparing for documents regarding a meeting with a client about a  construction building.Jessica wants the construction to be done under the company’s name and this project could improve the company’s name internationally.The meeting is due tomorrow at Jeju Island and will take at least three days.Jessica and Yuri will leave for Jeju later at evening.Well I am not going because of two reasons.The first reason is because of Yuri.Although the things between Yuri and I is not that awkward after we sort out the things out,I still feel quite uncomfortable  to be with her.The second reason is because of Tiffany.I cannot leave her alone in Seoul while I will be in Jeju.My mind won’t be in peace.

“You’re spacing out Im Yoona” Jessica’s  voice  pull me out of my wonderland.

“uhh..s-sorry Ms.Jung.What is that were you asking me?”I asked her.She let out a sigh

“I was asking you if you have packed your things to Jeju later on because the flight will take off at 5 pm sharp” she told me sternly while making an eye contact with me.

“uhm.sorry Ms.Jung,I would like to excuse myself from this meeting”I told her nervously while avoiding eye contact with her.

“and why is that Ms.Im?”ok.. I’m in trouble.She sounds angry and that so scary.

“This is due to one of my friens that I’m currently living with.I cannot let her alone Ms.Jung.She is quite fragile and I don’t think I could focus my mind on meeting when I will keep thinking about her” I told her frankly.She stare at me for a while before start speaking

“uhm I’m wondering Ms .Im,is she your friend or girlfriend? Because you sound so caring and loving towards her.”Jessica ask me while I notice Yuri straighten her posture .

“She is only a friend of mine Ms.Jung,she is more like a family to me.She was there for me when I need her the most and when everyone that I know start leaving me alone due to certain circumstances.” I told Jessica while glancing at Yuri.Yuri hung her head down.

“Sorry Ms.Im unfortunately you must come with me because you are my secretary in case you forgotten about it.I need you to my assist me and to jot down some presentation points so you are coming and that’s final” Jessica told me her final decision before leaving the room.Yuri and I bowed to her. Meanwhile,I decided to call tiffany to tell her that I won’t be coming home for few days.She instantly agree saying that  work comes first and she will be fine .I thank her and hung up.When I was making my way to see Jessica,Yuri blocked my way, instantly questioning me

“who are you staying with Yoona?” she ask me with the tone full of authority

“Tiffany…its Tiffany that I’m leaving with.” I told her

“tiffany..why does the name sound so familiar?’ she ask me while knitting her eyebrows.I heaved a sigh of frustration.

“its tiffany Yuri.She studied in the same school..if you’re done with questioning ,I still got some work to do before we leave for Jeju later.”I walk past her to my room to pack my things up

At five sharp,we board the company’s private plane to Jeju.The whole journey,I could not take my eyes from Jessica.She looks like an angel doing her office work in her laptop.After a few minutes,she called me over to help her because Yuri was taking a nap.

“check this proposal and make sure that we have not missed out any info about the project.” She told me while looking at her laptop.I just nod and started to check the proposal but seems like my eyes got its own work.It can’t help but to stare at Jessica brown orbs.

“oh my for god sake Yoona,how long will you need to stop staring at me!!” she ask me when she found me keep staring at her.

“why are you so…..” I stop myself before spilling out anymore.I mentally facepalm for almost spit out my words.

“what is it Im Yoona?” she ask me while looking at me sternly.

“n-no…..it-its n-nothing” damn this stupid stuttering.

“ nothing Ms.Jung,I would like to go to the rest room” I quickly got up before Jessica cold voice stopped my track

“wait Im Yoona and turn around to look at me.” She walk towards me and I can’t help but to look down not to meet her fire glance

“I don’t like people stop talking half way.Finish whatever you were going to tell me Im Yoona”.I gulped hard not knowing what to do now..aish..why was I so stupid…

“Yoona,I said finish it before I fired you right after we landed on Jeju”.Her voice was so cold and icy.It gave me shivers right down to my nerve.

“why are you so tantalizing to my eyes Jessica…I just don’t understand this emotion that is going through everytime I see or stand beside you.This emotion is like…ten times or more stronger than what I felt for Yuri when we was still dating..a-and this scares me a lot.Because I don’t qualify for your standard but I cant help…. but to like you more and more… each day”.I finish it in one go and my heart was beating erratically while Jessica was looking at me with mouth agape.After a few minutes of silence, she make her way to her master bedroom with her laptop.I huff to the cushion thinking what have I got myself into and start checking the proposal again.

After a few hours,Yuri woke me up.I felt asleep while checking the proposal.

“Yoona we have arrived in Jeju.get up Ms.Jung is waiting for us.” Yuri told me.i quickly got up and straighten up my clothes.After stepping out of the plane,I evaded any eye contact with Jessica as much as possible.I was so worried about what is going to happened after I confess to Jessica.what if she fired me?.A lot of thoughts were running through my head when we were riding the convoy to the place that we will be staying till the meeting ends.But what surprised me was we was brought to a house….no to a mansion to stay.I look bewildered to Jessica but she did not pay attention and make her way to the mansion.I was more taken aback when the people ,I suppose the workers in the mansion making a line to greet the mighty Jung.

“don’t be so surprised Yoona.Ms.Jung is from Jeju.She moved to Seoul to take care of the company.She always stays here whenever she has any meeting or just simply staying here for a vacation.” Yuri told me when she saw me looking shocked.I just nod because I was busy looking at Jessica.She is so friendly with the workers,I was expecting her to be harsh or cold to her worker but she is the pole opposite.This Jung is full of suprises and it makes me to fall for her deeper.While she was greeting the workers,I suddenly heard a squelling calling for Jessica’s name.Before I could see who was the owner of the voice,she jump to Jessica’s arms while giggling

“hai my baby soojung…how are you doing baby?” Jessica ask the person on her arms

“im fine Jessi.how about you uh? Did you forget about me?its been a long time you didn’t call me jessi”.That person said while whining.

“sorry baby. I was busy with work.but I’m here aren’t I ?” she that person’s hair while still embracing her.Then that person looks at Yuri while waving at her warmly

“hai krystal.How are you doing?” Yuri ask that person..wait a second!!! Krystal? As in Krystal Jung. I was trying to comprehend this things when Jessica introduce me to her

“Soojung this is my new….” Her words were left trailing when Krystal suddenly launch herself to me hugging me tightly

“YOONGIE??is it you?oh my god its you Yoongie.do you know how much I miss you?”krystal told me while hugging me tight.After a few moment ,I slowly hug her back but I failed to notice that there were two pair of eyes looking at me like boring  a hole  to my skull.