The Boys

Take Care

OC POV

We keep walking. In total silent. No one say something. I just keep quiet even I feels how eerie the air around us. Himchan seems like in deep thinking. I feel so bad for let him facing this. He already have a lot of things to be taken care. But now I cannot do anything and hope he would not take this matter too seriously. I believe that stalker just kids who happen to wander around my neighbourhood in night. After about 15 minutes of walking, we arrived at the entrance of my apartment building.

“We are here”, Himchan breaks the silent. I just notice now that he is still in his work outfit except with no tie and fold up sleeves. I feel bad for him. He must be tired but still manage to come and meet me tonight. Suddenly I miss the boys. It has been 2 weeks since I last meet them.

I stare at him and stay at my spot, without any intention to walk in. Not without I get to say this to him.

“Himchan, you no need to worry about that. I am sure it is nothing, I will be fine and I am a grown up girl already. I don’t want you to worry. If things get worse I am sure you are the first person I would let to know and the first person I will call. Plus you know right I got black belt of taekwondo and I still can do a little boxing that Jongup has been teaching me if anything happen”, I say to him and trying to crack a joke to reduce the tension between me and him. He keeps silent but I can see he is biting his lips hard. Like refrain himself from saying something harsh to me. After a moment he just say,

 “Tomorrow, you have classes?”

Himchan is changing topic of discussion. I really do not like it when he is like this. I know he has something up in his mind and would not let me know about that matter. I decide to just follow the flow.

“Yeah. I have one in the morning and afternoon. After that I have group discussion at evening and after that I will start my shift at the cafe.” I tell him clearly my schedule for tomorrow. Talking about that make me realized how I have not finish writing my thesis yet and the submission week is not that long anymore. I sigh briefly without knowing in front of him.

Suddenly he pats my head and ruffles my hair. “Okay then. Go in. Take a rest. You are tired enough for today. Don’t stay up too long.” He says with smile and I can’t help but feels a bit better when see his smiles. It is so beautiful and relaxing.

“Yes. You too. Thanks for walks me home and go back carefully.” I just about to turn around when I heard he calls my name.

“Nara, tomorrow after your shift I will come and pick you up to meet up the boys. It has been 2 weeks since you last meet them right”, I just smile inwardly. He remembers about that. It is not that I don’t want to meet them. It just even if I do really close with them, I am most comfortable if Himchan is around when we are all together. But sometimes if Himchan is too busy to make time, I will just bang their shared apartment and spent my day there.

I smile before reply “Yes, I would like to. I already miss my babies actually”, I say playfully. My babies, Junhong and Jongup. I always like to chan by calling them babies in front of him because I know he is really jealous with that. Why does he is so jealous? I don’t even know why.

But tonight he did nothing to come back to me after I call them like that. I feel a drop in my stomach and some uneasy feeling. Why? Why he did not whining anything about that tonight?

“Alright then. Meet you tomorrow. Goodnight and go in now. I want to see you in before I go”, and now he urge me to go in. Normally he will stall some time before he asks me to go in. Himchan is weird tonight and I am sure the reason is because of that stalker kids. I am cursing them under my breath for ruining my time with him.

I take the stairs to my level and open my door. I quickly walk to window after switch on the light and see that Himchan still there and looking at my direction. I just wave at him and he turns around take his leave. Everytime he done this I always feels butterfly in my stomach and as usual I will ignore the feels. I just know that one fine day the girl who get to take place in his heart is gonna be really lucky. Himchan is so caring actually.

I closed the window and slide the curtain off. I decide to take shower and will start writing my thesis later.

HIMCHAN POV

I walk away from her house and cancel my plan to go straight home. I decide to meet the boys. I change my ways and heading to suppose to be our shared apartment. Why suppose? Because now I have no more place in there. It just my father want me to work at the company and he ask me to live on my own because he thinks the boys will be a distraction to me in focusing on my works. I did try to resist that at first because I have been too comfortable around them. But then my father is so stubborn and threats me about sending me off to abroad if I still not moving out. I don’t want to go kilometres away from the boys and especially from Nara. I want to always be around them. For me, they are my life, the reason I live. Finally I just gave in and move out. I live alone in my own apartment but still most of the time I am here and taking the couch to call it a night.

My mind is full with the incident that happens just now. Who are them? Why are they following you? What they want? How dangerous you are to be alone now? Will you be fine? Are them the same person? And why must you be their focus now?

I pick out my phone, open the text and start typing.

Going to sleep already? Don’t forget to make sure door and window are locked before you go to bed’

In just few seconds a message comes from her. I just smile. She always replies me fast like she always waiting for my text. But then i frowned at her reply and looks at my watch. Already 1.30am and she will having a morning class tomorrow.

‘Not yet Himchan. I am writing my thesis right now. And don’t worry I already locked and check all of them. You make sure go home safely’.

‘Okay then. Don’t stay up too long. You need to wake up early tomorrow. Good night.’

I keep my phone back and just realize that I already reached the apartment. Without any thought of knocking I just punch in the password and let myself in only to be welcomed by Junhong and Jongup playing Xbox in front of television.

“Ouhh Himchan hyung...you are here. Woahh i miss you hyung. Like really miss you. A lot. “, Junhong the maknae greet me with cheesy word and come to me to give a hug. I thought him well I guess.  I patted his back and just smile at Jongup who has been watching this little dramatic action played by Junhong and me. “Well yeah. I miss you to Junhong. A lot too. Where are the rest? And why are you two still not sleeping. You have classes’ right tomorrow morning?” as usual I played the hyung role really well. But actually I am happy to know they are still awake. At least we can have a talk for a while.

“It still early hyung. Plus Jongup hyung just buy this new game and we decide to try it out. You should try it too. It is awesome. But not now hyung, I still want to play it now’, he replies with smiles and turn back his focus on the television. Jongup just keep smiling and just nodded at me.

I take the seat behind them on the couch and looking around. “Where are the rest?” I repeat the same question. This kid must be so excited on the game until he forgets my first question. Jongup answer me this time “Yongguk hyung is in his room. Daehyun hyung still not coming home and Youngjae hyung might be sleeping already”. I nodded at his answer. “Are you guys already eat? And who was cooking tonight?” I asked them.

Junhong excitedly turns around and answer “No one was cooking hyung. Youngjae hyung maybe just get his allowance for this month and he treats us with Chinese foods just now. You want some hyung? There is something left in the kitchen.”I just smile and chuckle at his excited answer and I just tell him that I am fine. Junhong always appreciate every single things that his hyungs done and gives to him. His is so polite and cute. I just thank him before I make my way to Yongguk’s room.

I knock twice before I let myself in. There he is with headphone on and bobbing to some music.

I pats his back and he just turn around. This man is really calm he is not even surprise with me in his room.

“Himchan. When are you arrived? Why I don’t hear anything?” Yongguk greet me while do the bro fist. “Silly. How you could hear me if you are already in your own world.” He just laughs and does a few things in his computer before he shut it off and turns around facing me.

“Are the kids still up and with their Xbox?” he asked me and I just nodded. For me and Yongguk, all 4 of them are like our own brothers. It is not like they are not having their own family, it just sometime things happen without any solid reason right. We just keep clinging and get together with each other and Yongguk here is the longest one with me. We are childhood friend and he knows me well. Like really well.

I keep silent for a while and Yongguk just raised his brows. Knowing there is something disturbing my mind. “Spill it out Himchan”, he just shoots me up.

I look at him and utter the most terrified words that have been in my mind since that incident with Nara early this night.  “Yongguk-ah. Are ‘they’ still around? And are ‘they’ still after us?”

 

 

Notes:

^^ Yeay 2nd ch is up
Hope you guys have fun reading.