Control Me

Take Care

I slam the door open and make my way to my father office room. I just ignore his secretary, Mr. Kang who give me unsatisfied look before enter my father’s office. He is the one who called me just now and ask me to be home right now.

“I am here now. What is the matter that you want to talk to me that seems can’t wait until tomorrow” I straightly ask my father after enter his room, not concern to maintain my manner anymore. I already ask him from this morning if he has anything he wants me to do since I worry he will do this again. Yess. This is not the first time he interrupting me and asking me to be homed in the middle of hanging out with the boys.

But it is weird because he will only do this everytime the hang out are including Nara. I know he don’t like her but I don’t think he will take any further actions. At this point, I might believe if he s he plant a tracker on me to record and detect my every moves.

“You are here, Kim Himchan. So where are you from?” My father ask me with his sarcastic smile and only God knows how much I refrain myself from doing something stupid and reminds myself that he is my father, my biological father.

“Don’t pretend you don’t know, father. You won’t ask me to be homed if you don’t know”.  I answer back with full of annoying voice.

“You know Himchan, you are already 26 this year. You should really take serious in finding yourself a good girl and settle down with your own family. I can help you to find the good one”.

“I will find one when I want and thanks I don’t need your help because I know you very well. And sure all the girls that are in your mind will only bring benefits to the company. Right?” I answer him and my father just laughing and nodding his head.

“Of course Himchan, that is how our world going on. You can’t escape from that. Plus why you bother wasting your time hanging out with those kinds of kids. They kind of useless you know and they can’t give you any help if you want.  They can’t give you anything. And that girl won’t bring you any good. Trust me.”

I can feel burnt of anger in my chest and to hear my father put my friends in that lower position just make me angrier. I try my best to control because I try my best to keep them out from any harm that my father capable to do if he wants.

“They are my friends. And I have right to choose with who I want to be friends with. They gives me what you can’t give. The feeling of being loved and cared. And don’t you dare to call them useless because they are far from that and they are the reason I am still breathing in front of you now.  I already did everything you want me too and now I you can’t control me with who I want to be with”
This is getting out of hand. Normally I will just keep silent and leave the room when my father talks about this but tonight I can’t seem able to do so. I need to stand for my right for once.

“You can choose with who you want to be friend, Himchan. But you can’t choose with who you want to be with. I already talk to my friend and he wants you to meet his daughter next week. I will inform you later the details. End of argument. You may leave”.

That’s it??? I am rushing home only to be asked to leave after this stupid discussion.

“I don’t want to meet her. I don’t want to be control with whom I am supposed to settle down with and more important I already have my own choice” I answer bravely. At least I try my best to utter those words with the most confident voice I have and telling him that I have my own choice even though I still not sure about that matter yet. Just not yet.

“That girl? Song Nara? Final year student of SN University and working as at Blind Cafe. She is the one you mean?” My father asks with his provocative voice. I startled. How my father knows a lot about her? Does he know where she lives too? Why does he bother to get her information like this?

 “How you can know that much about her? How much more you know? And what you are planning to do?” I ask. And I can feel my voice start to shake and my lips start to quiver. I can’t tell either it is from my anger of my wariness.

“Do as I told and I will leave her alone without any harm.” That is the only respond that get back from him.

“Don’t you dare to touch her, father. Once you did, you can forget me as you son, forever. and I won’t give any anymore about the company. I know you need me and you can’t afford to let me gone.” I counter back; try my best to use my card as the most important people in the company for the sake of Nara safety.

“Nahh, let see how things turns out later. That’s it. I am tired and you can leave. I want to have my rest now” he just shrugs it off and leaves me alone in his office while he moves to the bedroom.

I feel numbs. What it is? Why must I face this? Why Nara must involve in this matter? She already has someone following and stalking her now and I can’t afford my father to take any action on her anymore. Her life too, already in hard and her difficulties she has already abnormal for any girl around her age. I just keep sighing and get out from the mansion and take my ways to my own apartment. I do have room here, in this huge mansion. But I don’t feel like staying. Not after the little arguments with father just now. The last time I ever sleep in that mansion was 2 years ago, when my mother was still alive. But after my mother dead after years suffering her cancer, I leave the house because I can’t stand with my father anymore

The walk home seems forever, and beep message pull me away from my miserable thought.

‘I am home safely Himchan. In one piece. Kekeke. Don’t worry and hope you’re fine. Take care and have a nice sleep. Rest well’

Song Nara. I just smile at her text. She is just so precious in my life and to think that I might put her in danger make me feel sick. I can’t afford anything to happen to her, she has suffered enough.

And that night, I make promise to myself that I will do anything that I can afford to make sure her safety. Like anything even if that mean it will need me to sacrifice myself. I will do it. Without any doubt. 

 

 

Notes:
I just able to write this short chapter. 
Enjoy. 
Thanks for reading.

And yeah I change the title. Just because....^^ keke