Remember How We Met?

Take Care

It has been a week after the meet up with the boys, I living the life as usual. Classes, work, discussion and the list just repeated. It has been a week too since the last time I see Himchan. I quite miss him but I know he must be so busy and it still okay because he always texting and call me to make sure I am fine and to catch up my daily days.

 That night after the working shift, I walking alone to get and luckily there seems like no one is stalking me. It is rarely happen anymore and I reach home and happily text Himchan about this.

‘Himchan…I am home now. And no more people are following me tonight too. I know it is late and have a good night…’

In short seconds I get a reply;

Thank God they are not following you today. Tomorrow I will see you okay. I miss you and I need to see your beautiful face to regain my energy. Hehehe. You too have a good rest. Don’t sleep too late.’

I just smile at his replies and he is getting cheesier every time we are texting. But I just brush if off because it is really just his charm and that is what make it interesting to be friend with him.

I am preparing my thesis after taking shower and when it time to bed out of sudden the flashback of how I know those 6 lovely guy invade my midnight thought.

FLASHBACK 4 YEARS AGO

At the age of 18, I am moving out from my aunt’s house and start living my own by renting a small room by using the money that my parent saving for me. It just need to be done, I means I am not blind, I can see the difficulties that my aunt facing every day. Last year she got a new baby and that total up 6 people of living under his husband responsibility and I can see how their financial is not doing very well. So at the time I hit up 18 years old, I tell her I am moving and she just agree but tell me that I can come anytime and even stay if I have problems living alone.

I need to work to make sure myself being feed and for pocket money, so I get myself a work at the convenience shop. Since I still in school so the kind-hearted owner of the shop just let me having a night shift. After school I will directly comes to the shop.

I have a very nice and kind co-worker for night shift, Jinwoo Oppa, he is 4 year older than me and he still in college. That is why we end up getting the night shift together. Everything is just normal and fun for me, I have work, doing well in school, having Minji around to have a talk and story around,  going to my aunt home in weekend, and importantly I living well by my own.

But yeah, life is too good to be fun if there is no trigger occasion and problems right, One day, just a normal day, I got a call from Jinwoo.

“Hello, Nara-ah. Sorry, I am not feeling well today, I can’t come to work. Are you fine closing alone?”

“Yes oppa, I will be doing fine. Have a rest oppa, and don’t worry I can do it alone for today” I replies.

Everything is just running smoothly and fine until it was around 30 minutes before 1am, 30 minutes before I should close the shop. There are 3 men enter the shop and I start to have the bad feeling on this, and everything just happen as I feel;

“Seems like she is alone tonight, good then,” I heard the man in red jacket say and I ignore him the best and start shuffling my pocket to fish out my phone.

“Hey girl, what are you thinking you are doing huh?,” the second man say when he sees me is trying to type something on the phone and in a sec my phone is in his hand. Oh my God.

“Chill lady, we won’t hurt, just do as what we ask. Will you?”, the third man say and I just gulp my saliva and nod.

“Good, then now put all the money in here, nicely and we won’t hurt or touch you”, he said while handing me the bag. I just do as what they say but secretly I try to reach the emergency button under the counter for help.

But as I am about to push the emergency button that connecting the alarm to the nearest police station when the second man come behind the counter and stop my hand.

“That is so not nice sweetie, we told you clearly right. Do as we tell and I don’t remember to tell you to alarm the police”, he say while grabbing my left hand. Quite hard and I feeling so hopeless and just praying hard there will be anyone enter the shop now. Even the possibility for that is less than 10%.

“So, you are trying to alarm the police huh? You need to pay for that later, but fill up the bag first” the first man that situated himself at the glass door of the shop voice out. I just nod and biting my lips hard to prevent me from crying and looking weak in front of them

As I finish, the man from the door comes nearer and coming behind the counter. The other 2 just smirk and stay in front of the counter, seems knowing what gonna happen next.

He comes to my side and grabs both my hand and push me back to the wall. My mind is so hazy and I just so scared that I can’t even think to apply any of the self-defense that I know.

He just leans closer to my face when suddenly I hear a voice;

“Leave her alone sir, you must know what ual harassment pay off right”, the voice say and the man turn his head and I take this time to push him away slightly. That man is still grabbing my wrist hard and it hurting me.

“Who are you and what, ual-harassment? Not happening, she is my girlfriend”, the man answer and I just turn my head to the voice and see 4 other men in front of me. Oh my, why must it be so much man tonight.

“Hah, funny huh? Your girlfriend is crying when his boyfriend trying to make something with her”, he say and I just realized that my cheeks are wet with my tears and I am trembling badly.

“We see everything, and now just wait for your right” at cue of his saying I see  police car light and in short amount of second, two police cars are in sight. Everything happen so fast and I can’t really see anything happen when the man that hold my wrist suddenly grab my neck tightly and standing behind me.

The police are already there and during the new man and the man that grabbing me changing words, little that I know, 3 friends of the new man already shift themselves nearer the other 2 guy that are in front of the counter. And when the police car light can be seen they already grab the two and that left me with the first man and now he is grabbing my neck tightly and I can see where this thing is going.

 “Police is here, you should just left her and make your charges later more light”, the man keep saying and I pray hard for this to work. They are changing a few more words plus with the help of the police to make the man release me from his hold. I make up my mind and I don’t even know the new man but I changing glances with him signaling that I am gonna do something. I don’t know why, but his simple nod make me more confident and with all the energy that left in me I step hard on his leg and then push up myself and knock him hard at his chin.

In that situation I don’t even realized that the man actually having a knife right on my throat. Luckily that I don’t notice this earlier, or else I will not be that brave to do that moves. Right after I hit the man on his chin, the new man rush to the counter and get a hold of me then easily pull me out of there.

After that, police get a hold of my attacker and bring him to the police car.

I lost my energy and almost collapse if not because of the new man hold me tightly and bring me into his arm and without knowing I turn myself in the arm and let him hold me and without any further I crying on his chest. It last a few minutes until I compose myself and dry up my tears.

“Sorry for that” that is the first words that I say to him and he just shook his head and still hold my arm because I looking so unstable right now.

“Nevermind, it is nothing and no need to be sorry, are you okay now? And by the way, my name is Himchan” he say while looking at me with a reassurance smile

“Yes, I am fine, thank you for coming at the right time or else I just don’t…..” I trail up my words not knowing what to say

“It’s okay, everything is fine now” he says while signaling me to look at the other 3.

“Yongguk, Daehyun and Youngjae.  I know you won’t able to memorize them in this situation, it just to make you feel better”, he say and I do recognize Daehyun and Youngjae actually as my schoolmate I think but I have no energy to voice out.

“Do you have a friend to tell about this? We need to head up to police station for putting charges on those men and settle this thing up” he keep talking when I just remain silent, not knowing what to do.

“Yeah yeah, let me call my boss and Minji, but I don’t have my phone, that man took it earlier when I try to text my friend after I having a bad feeling about them at the moment they enter this shop” I voice out and he hand me his phone.

I take it and whisper a thank before calling the owner and Himchan still standing beside me and I sure he gonna hear everything in this call. I don’t even know that, at the moment my boss pick up the phone, I totally lost my voice, unable to say any and I just let my tears flowing out and Himchan do me a favor by taking the phone and do all the talks. On the other hand, Yongguk comes beside me and start rubbing my back to make me calm.

After calling my boss Himchan hand me the phone again and ask me to put Minji’s number and then he again do all the talks. I feeling very numb and the thing that I know next is I am on my way to the police station with 4 of them and Himchan is always my side during the walk and Yongguk settle down everything at the police station while waiting for my boss and Minji to come.

I silently thanking them for doing all this. I am not even know them, not their friend, not their responsible, but that is how humanity working. I am in need of help and they willingly giving me their help.

“Nara-ahh. Oh my god, Are you okay?” I turn my head to the right at hearing that voice and immediately stand up and Minji pull me in hug and again I am crying. Harder this time because it really hit me now that I am in trouble.

“Shhhh. It is okay now. You are fine, they are already arrested and you will be fine with me. No more cry, I am here” Minji soothing and after minutes I calm down and sit again between Himchan and Minji.

My boss arrived minutes ago and now are doing the things needed before they gonna taking my report and I need to tell them the story. After about 2 hours at the police station we are release to go home and my boss giving me a week of break and keep apologize because he forget that Jinwoo are sick and he supposed to come and help me at the shop tonight. I just tell him that it is fine and the thing was already happen and no need to blame anyone.

He tell me to call him if anything needed and he thanking Himchan and his friend and really grateful and thankful that they was there on time to stop thing for getting worst. I am trembling at the thought of how ugly things can be if Himchan not stepped in the shop at the right time.

Himchan and his friend escorted us until we reach Minji home and little that I know Minji and Himchan already changing phone number because Himchan insist of wanting to check me up later to make sure I am okay.

And that night, even I sleep in Minji arms and soothing words I still trembling hard and crying without I knowing. After seems like hours I feel asleep.

The next morning I wake up in startle and after taking a look around I release a sigh and make up my mind and make my way to the bathroom. I go to the kitchen and see that Minji is cooking something for breakfast or better call brunch by now.

“Ohh, you are up. Here take a sit. I called you school and homeroom teacher and fill them up with what happening and they let you off a few day for better.” Minji say at the moment my touch the chair. I really thankful for having her right now and I don’t know what I gonna do without her.

Ringgg Ringgg. Minji’s apartment buzzer goes off and I just look at her, with questioning looks, who will be here at this time. Both of us not having any other close friend that willingly to come and check on us.

“I forget to tell you that Himchan and his friends are coming to check on you, he calls me earlier and I think you still owe them a proper thank after what happen last night” Minji state the point precisely on what should I do and why they are here.

Minji goes open the door and I just follow behind her and then I see them coming to the house and I get the proper view of Himchan and the others.

“Come in and have a sit” Minji say to them and lead them to the living room and I back off to the kitchen prepare a simple water to serve them.

“Nara, come out they are here”  Minji calls me.

“Wait, I am coming” I answer and make my way out of kitchen while bringing water for them

“Err, hai. Welcome, here have a drink” I awkwardly say and put the glass on the table. I take my sit and before I could say something Himchan beat me to it.

“How are you? Are you feeling better now?” He asks full of concern and somehow in very caring way.

“Errr yeah I am fine and feeling better today. But yeah I haven’t introduced myself properly right. I am Song Nara and thanks to you and the others for helping me last night and I don’t know what to do to pay back all your kindness.” I utter the word precisely and grateful that I managed to say that.

“It is okay, it just happen that all of us are heading to the shop to get midnight snacks and happen to witness that and anyone else would do the same if they saw what was happening” this time Yongguk replies me and flash me his gummy smile.

“But wait, I seem to know you. You are in KS High School right? Senior year?” Daehyu, I believe that is his name ask me and I just nod before replies

“Yes, I am, you are Daehyun and you are Youngjae. I think I know both of you and yes we are in the same year. Sorry I don’t tell this yesterday as you know that time my mind is just so blank.”

“Ouhh. So you know both of them and that make you my junior too. Yeah. Apparently Yongguk and me are graduated from that school and we are attending college right now” Himchan voice out and I just nod and we keep the talk for some time and getting know each other and without any of us knowing this little incident are meaning for me and them to be friend. And I don’t know that the friendship that born on that day will be last longer until four years by now and we are getting better as friend day by day.

 

 

Notes:
Crap. I can feel this is bad I just need to write how they meet and I really don’t know how to put the words and connecting the storyline.
But at least, I get to show how they met.
Sorry for the lack of interesting scene. I just need to write to vent-off my pressure of the week.
Have fun reading.