Her Morning Calls

Take Care

My peaceful sleeps is being interrupted by a loud blaring of my ringtone. With so much difficulty I reach out to my side table for the phone and take the call without looking at the caller, only to be greeted with…

“Yahhh Kim Himchan….where have you been? You have been ignoring all my messages and calls. Are you even still alive?”

Ahh. Yes. I should really start looking at the caller before answering my phone. I have been doing a job at avoiding her for almost 2 weeks and now I just can’t really hung up on her. Can I?

“Oh. Nara. Good morning to you too”, I reply her with my sleepy voice.

“Yahh. Himchan. What time is now? Why you are still sleeping? Don’t you have to work?”

Yes. She has the point there. Today is Tuesday and I supposed to be at my office like usual but again this week is not the usual week for me.

“Not really.I has a week off. So how are you Nara? Are you doing fine?” I have been missing you. How much I hope that I have courage to tell her that.

“I am fine and doing well I guess. So today you are free? Why don’t you come to the café? I have evening shift at the café. Since now is almost noon and you can have your brunch there?”

She spilled the idea. Not really bad I guess. Maybe I can go there and have my brunch and the most important is meeting up with her. But before I could reply, she is talking again, more like pledging.

“Himchan. Please just come over. For a while…Minji is always asking about you. She has new recipes and she keeps asking me to ask you to come to taste her new bakeries.”

“Yah Nara. You really ask me to come over just because Minji wants me there to taste her new bakeries? So you don’t really want to meet me?” I reply her. I just smile on my own. I know, she always shy to tell me that she miss me or want to meet me but I guess that make two of us. I can understand her since me too just the same.

“Of course I want to meet you too. Okay now get up from your bed and I expect you to be at café in an hour. Bye. See you there.”

With that she just end the calls and I can’t help but to smile because I can really see her smiles, when looking forward to meet me today. I should just answer her that I can’t make it if I want to make it easier for me. But I do really miss her too and maybe by having talk with her can ease my heart a bit.

So I get up from my comfy bed and head toward bathroom but not before I am texting Youngjae asking him about his schedule today. That IT nerd boy always so busy to text any of us and I have planned to spend today’s evening with him.

After about 3o minutes, I take my last look on mirror before picking up my phone and keys to make my way to the café. I check my phone for any reply from Youngjae and as being predicted he is busy and cannot get off his office until late tonight. Thinking about changing of plan, I texting Daehyun to ask for his schedule. He is a photographer now and his schedule should be more flexible.

I exhale a deep sigh while driving out of the car park. If only these kids know the reason why I try my best to spend time with them, they will not turn me down, but I don’t really want them to know that. Not for now. Minutes later I already arrived at the café and I made a mental note to just show Nara my happy self, talk about happy thing and assuring her that I am fine.

Pushing the glass door, I directly spots Seunghoon, Minji’s boyfriend behind the counter. Waving at him, I walking in and take my usual place, on stool near the counter after greeting Seunghoon.

“Hi Himchan-shi. Long time no see you. How are you doing?”

“Ah yes. I am doing fine, just a little bit busy with projects here and there. How are you? Is the café working fine?”

“I am fine, and café should be fine after all. Minji always talks about you and about her wanting you to taste her new bakeries. That’s a good thing you are here today”.

I just laughing at his remarks and glancing around the café before replying.

“Nara called me, asking me to come and since I am free today so it just fine to be here. Is Nara here yet?”

“Yes she is, both of them at the kitchen doing something. Minji told me that since she opened this café you have never fails to taste and comments on her new recipes, that’s why she is really bugging Nara to ask you to come this time” He said that while laughing and I just agree with that. That’s true. Minji have been developing her liking on having me as to judge on her new recipes.

I don’t have any time to reply him when I heard my name being calls from the kitchen direction.

“Yahh Kim Himchan. Finally you found your way back here. I have been waiting for so long. How dare left my beautiful and sweetie Nara without any notice for almost 2 weeks” , Minji coming up to the counter while bring a tray full of bakeries with Nara tailing her at the back shaking her head with Minji words.

“Maybe if you put a better signboard to Blind Café then I will come here more often or maybe change the name to something else so that I that I can see it better.” I teasingly reply her. I almost forget the fun spending time here with this couple and I am sure will be missing them a lot.

Seunghoon joins me later, saying that he already told her that Blind not really a good name for café and that she really have a bad taste to came up with that name, only to have Minji giving him special smacks on head and talks about how inconsiderate he is toward his girlfriend and I just laughing and smile along their antics.

“Hey. Hi Himchan” my attention being stole by a soft voice next to me. I turn to my side and see Nara is there, all smiling while holding a plate of food. My brunch for today maybe.

“Hi Nara. Wah. You are getting more beautiful, now I can see that Minji not really lying on that”, I keep looking on her and only now that I realized how much I has been missing this girl.

“Stop flattering me and now come here, let leave that cheesy couple alone. You need to have your brunch.” She says while gesturing me to follow her to the vacant table with 2 seats on the glass window. She put down the plate in front of me.

“So are you having the same or you want another drink today?” She asks and I reply that I just want the same before she tell me she will get it done and urging me to eat first.

I just nodded and watching her take her leave, I keep my eyes on her while she is going to the beverages section to get my order. I keep watching her until she is coming back to me with the drink on her hand.

“Yah Kim Himchan, what are you looking at? I told you to eat first.” She directly says that while placing down my drink in front of me and her drink too on the table.

“You. I am watching you.” I reply fast and I don’t even have time to stop that answer from my mouth. But what have been done cannot be taken back. I just enjoy myself looking at her red face before she gives me soft slap on my hand.

“Stop that cheesy move on me and please start eating now. You are now already 26 years old, why don’t you taking care yourself, you have gotten so thin since the last time I met you. Do you ever eat?”

“Of course I eat, and I don’t really think I lost that much weight”, I reply to her. She is so keen. I can’t really escape from her eyes.

“If your meaning of ‘eat’ is actually just having a meal per day, you should really go back to high school, Himchan. Why don’t you really take care of yourself, what if you fall sick?” Her words sounds really concern and it do make my heart a bit warm. She really does care about me.

“Stop worrying about me, I am fine. I will always be fine and good in taking care myself. Let us talk about you. So when will you start your work? I means not here. You real career at that broadcasting company?”

Changing subject of conversation has been my expertise for so long. Plus I need to make sure she really does secure that job and to make myself sure that my father has not coming to her path.

“About that I will start another 2 weeks, after my convocation. You know that our convocation is next weekend, right? So right after that I will start working…”

She reply me and it hit me real hard that how much my leaving will affect them, Nara Youngjae and Daehyun will be having their convocation on the same day and I will never have the chance to attend their convocation. And I keep watching her animatedly talking about her excitement to start to work in front of me.

“So my supervisor there is already email me all the papers that I need to fill up and maybe by this Friday… Hey Himchan. Hello. Earth to Kim Himchan…” She is waving her hand in front of me and I get out from my thought and start focusing on her back.

“Ahhh. Yes. Sorry. It has been so long since I hear your talks and I just forget how mesmerizing you are, sorry, what again you says on this Friday?”, again I fail to stop myself and for second time her cheeks is red from my comments.

“Tskkk. What is wrong with you today? I about to tell you that maybe by this Friday I will need to drop off at the company to hand over all those paper to my supervisor”, she answer me back and I just nod at that info and she keeps the talks.

“Ahhh. Junhong told me that you spent your weekend with him and that you buy her new skateboard. He is really happy you know.”

“Not the full weekend. It just a day, last Sunday and yesterday I spent my day with Jongup. I almost forget how much they are just a bunch of fluffiness and energetic. I brought Jongup and Junhong to arcade last night. They really young and have a lot of energy. That’s why I was knocked off to sleep till late morning. If not because of you call, I might still be sleeping right now”.

“You should have brought Yongguk too to handle both of them. But why was so sudden that you decided to spent time with them. The Kim Himchan that I know is Kim Himchan that always busy with works, works and works, and need to be pledged to have a day off, shortly, Kim Himchan the busy businessman.”

She might just really want to joke on how busy I am, but I can’t helps but to feel bitter and sad at how much busy I am with works before this that I don’t really have time for my friends and younger brothers. At the age of 26 I don’t really have the time to play around and spending time with my friends and creating good memories with them.

“Yes, I know. It is just so not me, right? But I have this whole week off from work and today after this I might want to meet up with Daehyun. He has no photography session today, maybe I just want to catch up with him.  I texted Youngjae before but that IT nerd is busy with his project.” I just answer her casually while keep eating and not meeting her eyes. Because I can feels that her eyes now is full with questions.

“Hey Himchan. Is everything is fine?”

“Yeah. Sure. Why are you asking?”

I know, she will smells something but I don’t really want or I don’t really ready to tell her the truth. It is better like this.

“Since it is a rare opportunity of me to having a day off, and now they granted me a week off. Sure I want to use it wisely with my favorite people”. I added just to clean up he doubts on me

And I add a little bit more. Just to make sure she is not having a weird thinking.

“Your day with me supposed to be this Friday, but since you can’t really wait to meet up with me so here I am. For you”, I finish the talks while winking at her. I just enjoy seeing her red face.

“Are you really doing this? So this Friday I will meet you again? Should I ask a day off from Minji? Eh wait. If this Friday meaning that you can accompany to go to the company to drop off the papers and later we can spend time together. ” She asked and introduces her idea at me excitedly.

“Nahhh. I don’t think so. Since we already meet today, I guess there will be no need to meet you again on Friday.” I teasingly answer her.

“Yahhh. How dare you? This is unfair. The rest of them get to spent longer time with you and I just have this few minutes to just an hour with you. Kim Himchan this is unfair treatments”, she said with full of resent and a cute little pouting on her face. Cute.

“I don’t know. I don’t think you really want to spend a day with me. A few hour here maybe just enough for you”

“Idiot. Of course I want to. After this, you will be busy back with your works and I don’t know when will have another free time for me.”

She answer that very quickly that I don’t really think she is thinking what she is saying.

“I am just kidding Nara. I really want to spend a day with you. Okay then. Ask a day off from Minji this Friday and let’s have a date with me.”

I answer her with smiles and I can see her face becoming red again. I just noticed then that I just asking her to have a date with me. Mentally I slapped myself for using that word. But really thanks to Minji for coming at the very right time.

“Oho. I heard my name here. So what is the occasion? Why my name is being spoken off here?”

“Minji can Nara have a day off on Friday?” I straightly asking Minji since Nara seem still off with my word and I really need to change the subject. Here again, we talks about Minji and I forget how playful she can get.

“Why? Are you going to have a date together? It is about time you know.” Minji’s answer is not helping at all. I just mentally face palm and scolding myself for having this awkward situation right now.

Thank God Nara seems back to herself at that time and her hand is so quick to pinch her friend.

“What are you talking about Minji? It just you know this almighty busy businessman Kim Himchan just gets a week off from work and my day to be with this busy businessman falls on Friday”.

“Ahhh. I see. Really Himchan? A week off? Wahh…why is that? Are you just winning big contract for your father’s company or something?” Minji asking and I don’t really knows how to answer that.

“Umm. Sorts of. Hey is this the new recipes?” As usual, subject is changed by me. And I can see Nara looking at me with so intense. Like she knows what is going on, but I dismiss her looks with assuring smile.

“Yes. So how was it? Is it good? I just try this out for fun and it turns out good. I will start selling it maybe next week. You know, after having your green light as usual”.

I just laugh at her answer. She really waits for my approval to start selling these new bakeries. She never change since day one she open this café.

“It is really good. You don’t really need my approval Minji. You are a very good baker now; everything you put will really create a really good taste. You should trust yourself and maybe Seunghoon too can be your critics on your new recipe. Since you know, I will not always be around.”

That answer really sounds so off in many levels, but I really want her to know that she is good now so that my 2 years of absence later will not affecting her.

“Seunghoon will not really critic my works like you do, for him everything I baked always good and delicious”.

“So he is not lying. That is the true. There are just so good that I don’t mind to have another plate of these, but I am just so full right now. Thank you for these.” I answer her by giving another smile. She will make this café big and maintain as favorite with her skills.

“Thank you Himchan. Oh. Actually I am coming here to have Nara to work. Taehyun need to leave early today and Amber will be all alone as PO and Yuna still not here.”

“Ahhh it’s okay. I am almost done here by the way”.

“Okay, thank you.” She bid me goodbye before leaving me again with Nara.

“So that’s mean I need to go. Thank you Himchan for coming today”.

“No, it is me the one that should say that. I had a wonderful brunch thanks to your morning calls. You should go, and I will need to go and meet Daehyun too. I will text you later, okay?”

“Okay. Say hi to Daehyun later”. She asks me while we are getting up and heading to glass door. I give small waves to Seunghoon behind the counter while walking.

“I will. So goodbye and have a nice day.” I said with last smile to her and with that I am leaving the café.

Checking up my phone as I get into the car and yes I have the reply from Daehyun.

‘Yes Hyung, Just comes to my studio. You know where it is right? So today is my day huh? I have a good 2 days listening to Jongup and Junhong talking about you spending time with them.’

Those 2 kids really can’t keep anything to themselves. I type a quick reply.

‘Yes I know and you should be happy that today is your day’ and Daehyun reply back to me equally fast.

‘You are really something hyung, doing us like this. I might want to ask if you are actually okay. But I will save it for later. See you later.’

Oh no, Daehyun too found it so strange for me to have a week off like this. I will need to come up with strong reasons later. Daehyun just so quick in picking up something not right and it seems I really need to be careful later. With that I drive out my car heading to his studio.

 

 

ps:

Hi. Firstly thank you for my new subscribers.^^
And here is another chapter. I am feeling so lost while writing this.
But it has been so long since HimchanXNara interaction so I just coming up with this. 

Have fun reading and sorry for all the grammars and languages mistake. I dont really expert in English.
Thank you for reading and please keep supporting BAP. ^_^