The Talk with Him

Take Care

\\Hi guys, it has been so long. just want to say that, this time it is a bit longer than usual for this chapter.^^ have fun reading. 

The drive to Daehyun’s studio seems so short since my mind is full with idea of how to steering our conversation later to not be centered to my life. Arriving there and after park my car, I make my way into the double-storey building. Daehyun is lucky to have a permanent job as photographer at one of his friends’ studio, if not then he need to start by himself and it can be quite hard for new graduate like him. I enter the studio and looking around since no one is in there, not even Daehyun. I just about to call him to let he knows I am here, when I am being back hugged by someone. I break into broad smile when I recognize Daehyun’s cologne. 

“You are here hyung. Ahhh I miss you hyung”, he said while letting me go.

“Here hyung, sit here first, I have something to settle down. I will be coming back in a minute.”

By that, he usher me to the nearest couch and ask me to wait. I just nod while seeing him disappear into one of the 3 rooms that they have in the studio. I assume maybe that is his working room, and I let my eyes wandering around the studio. They hung a few wonderful pictures of winter, summer and fall sceneries around the walls, and I can see at one side of the wall, they have a few beautiful photos of taken during wedding receptions, and all of them seem so lively and wonderful. Daehyun will make it great if he continues to be here and learn from his friends about photographing. Later he can have enough experience to start his own studio and I don’t mind to help him in financial support for him to start his own studio when the time comes. At one side, they have small table with 4 chairs, and few catalogues on the table and I guess there is where they are having discussion with their customers about the photography concept and deal.

My observation is being interrupted with sounds coming from my phone, a message for me, and I have a look on it. ‘One message from Bbang’

‘Hey, so where are you? Who are you with today? Youngjae? I don’t think he can make time for you. Go for Daehyun, Chan. He misses you a lot too’.

Tch, Yongguk always knows the perfect time to text me and asking my whereabouts.

‘Yes, that Youngjae kid is busy with his project. I am at Daehyun’s studio. Waiting for him to settle down and we are going out. What are you doing?’

‘I told you Youngjae is busy, we rarely see him at home too. I do nothing. Can I join you guys?’

His request makes me freeze for a while. It has been sometime since we last hang out all 3 of us, and I don’t think Daehyun will really mind if Yongguk joining us. Maybe I can save myself from being confronted by Daehyun. But when I just about to reply him, another message from Yongguk is coming in.

‘It’s okay Himchan. I don’t think I should join. Make some time for Daehyun, ask him about that girl. The one that is friend with Youngjae. He is more open to talk about this topic with you compare to me’

I reply him fast because, what girl? Which one? I don’t really remember anything about Daehyun having a girlfriend.

‘What girl, Guk? Is Daehyun having a girlfriend? Why I don’t know about this? And she is Youngjae’s friend?

I take a glimpse on Daehyun’s working room while waiting for Yongguk’s reply. He still not coming out and I can hear him typing on his keyboard, maybe replying some emails or something. My attention is back to my phone when it notifies me another reply from Yongguk. Yongguk is getting better in replying now, he is getting fast in replying.

‘He never say it but if you remember during one of our get together night, the one that you are coming with Nara a few months ago, Youngjae about helping him to get that girl and Daehyun seems interested to her. But you know Daehyun, he is so slow sometime when it comes to girl.’

I paused a moment and raking my memory to the night said by Yongguk. Oh, yes, that night where we meet up and the night that I need to go back home earlier after get the call from my father.

‘Oh yes. I remember, so he is interested? Seem like I will have a wonderful content to talk with him later. Hahaha. I will try makes him open up. I will share with you later, Guk’

‘Alright then, have fun with him. Loosen up and enjoy’

With that we are saying our goodbye and I really glad to have him as my best friend. I know I can’t really hide anything from him but I am sure he can keep my secret safe if later I have to tell him clearly why I am getting a week off from work.

“Sorry hyung for make you waiting, I need to settle all those emails by today and that’s it. I am free now, so where are we heading to?”

Daehyun voice startled me from my little thinking, and I see that he is getting himself ready to go out.

“Do you already having your lunch?”

“Not yet hyung, I wake up late and coming straight to studio because I need to reply those emails by today. How about you, hyung?”

“I already having my brunch before coming here at Nara’s café, so let get you your lunch first and later we will decide where to go. Okay with that?”

“I am okay hyung. Let’s go.”

We make our way to my car and settle down, I let him choose his menu for lunch since I don’t feel like eating, and I am still full with brunch I just had.

“So hyung, you are with Nara this morning? Before coming here to meet me? How is she?”

“Erm. Yes, she called me this morning just to say hi, but later she find out that I am not working and asked me to come to the café and having brunch there. She is fine. Don’t you check on her, calls or texts?”

“Not really hyung, I am so busy sometimes and always forget to text her, normally Yongguk hyung will tell us how she is doing.”

“Oh really? So Yongguk always check on her? Do they meet up or what?”

“It’s depend, sometimes Yongguk hyung meet her at café but most of the times I guess Yongguk hyung just texting her to ask about her. Where are you hyung? The last time Yongguk hyung tell us about Nara, she is whining to Yongguk hyung about you’ve been missing.”

“Ah really? Hahaha. It’s just I have been busy lately and have no time to get to her, but glad to know that Yongguk keep her close in his sight”. Keep her close under his care since I will never able to do that for her anymore. The dull pain is there, in my heart but I need to get used to this.

With those simple talks we arrive to the restaurant, Daehyun’s favorite, because everytime I am taking him to lunch he will always choose this restaurant. Maybe because the portion served in this restaurant is big and being the big eater he is, he is happy with that.

After settling down and place our order, or more like Daehyun’s order, Daehyun goes straight to the core of conversation that I know will happen no matter what.

“So Himchan hyung, why are you getting a week off, hyung? As long as I know you, it’s hard for you to even have a day off? Is everything okay, hyung?”

Daehyun is an observer, he always observes people and it is understandable that he notice how strange for me to have a break from working. I don’t want him to know, I need to steer this conversation as careful as I could.

“Don’t you forget that I am human too, Dae. Of course I deserved the break after working for so long.”

“I know that hyung, but normally you just take 3 or 4 days break and hanging out with us, but this time, it is one week. And you spend it wisely, with Junhong, with Jongup and a day with me. It is so strange hyung. You know that you can always tell me anything hyung?”

“Eyy, what is wrong about me having some times with my younger brothers, I trying to play fair here, you should  be grateful for that. I finish my project earlier than the timeline, so before proceed to the next stage, I have an extra time and that’s why I am requesting the time off”.

I am telling him the truth, yes; I am just finishing my first stage of project and for the next stage I will be needed to be away, away from them. It is not I am lying to him. It just I don’t tell him the entire story.

“Wah, that’s so cool of you hyung, I know you are the best in working, and to see you having some time off is so great hyung.” Our conversation being cut off when the food ordered arrive and Daehyun is getting ready to eat.

“So Dae, how is your life? Is working with that friend of yours helping you in your photographing skills?” Smooth way to change the topic when Daehyun is so distracted with his food.

“Sure hyung, all 4 of us are working in that studio and Jooho hyung take me in as their backup photographer at first but after he saw my works he ask me if I interested to stay and work with them. And of course I say yes hyung…it is a rare opportunity for fresh graduate like me”.

“So I bet your works must be awesome, reaching their par as professional photographer?”

“No, hyung no. I am not at their level yet. All 3 of them are so skillful and have a good sense and idea in editing. I have a lot more to learn. But hyung by the time you are getting married, I can be your photographer and you will be awed by how handsome you will be coming out”.

“Pardon me Dae, but I need to remind you that it is my handsomeness that makes the picture come out beautiful and awesome, not your skills”. I snorted and reply him, teasing him and he is making his annoyed face at me.

“Yeah, I forget that you are the beauty among us, so hyung after this, you are free right? Let’s go to the park and I will take some photos of you? Is it okay? Be my model, please.”

I just laughing at his request but agreed anyway since I have nothing to do.

After that, we are heading to the park and I consider this is the best environment to ask him about the girl, that Yongguk ask me to.

“Daehyun, do you have anything to share with me? To tell me or ask me? No, not about me but about you”. He look at me bewildered and I just wink at him and he sheepishly looking away fidgeting with his camera, setting it up I guess.

“Yongguk hyung ask you to ask me, right? Ayyy. Yongguk hyung always like this, he is always worried too much about us.” He mumbling his dissatisfaction on Yongguk, I just smile since I know how he feels but having Yongguk worrying about us is the most natural thing to have.

“You know he means no harm by asking me to ask you this, he said you won’t share with him about this and you also know in this matter, I am the best listener and better in giving advise”. I try to loosen up the environment after seeing how stiff he is when I bring up the topic.

“If you are better then you should come out clean with Nara, hyung. We all know about…”

“Daehyun, we are talking about you”. I cut him off with stern voice. I know this topic will emerge Nara name and I don’t need to be reminded about how long I have been keep mum on my relation with Nara, too coward to do anything.

“Yes, yes. I am sorry hyung.” He sighs and look towards the lake before continues.

“She is Youngjae’s friend, but during our last semester she has some project with Youngjae and another 2 friends of them and since I always hanging out with Youngjae, so she is comfortable with me and by the end of our final semester, we kind of hinting to each other that we are interested to be more than friend.”

“Is she graduating with you guys too?”

“Yeah, she is and now she is working with his father company, she is second child and I think you know about her father company hyung. Autonic Corp. Did you ever heard about that?”

I keep silent for a while, raking my memory for second time today. It sounds familiar, and then I realized something, yeah, I have heard that. My company is not related with her’s, since her is in electronics fields but I still see them if we are having gathering parties.

“I think yeah, I know them, I used to be in the same event or dinner with them, so are you telling me his father is the CEO?”

I asked him, surprise and from his side I still can see his sad smile.

“Yeah hyung, he is. And she is the second heir of the company. Her brother will be the next CEO and she will be the deputy. I think you can see our problem here, hyung. We are not match.”

I am losing my words. Daehyun’s problem is same like what I am having but he is the guy and the rich one is the girl. Silently I am cursing Yongguk for putting me in this situation.

“Do you like her? Love her? And does she reciprocate you feeling?” This is the first step. The most important question and he shrug.

“I like her hyung, and from what I see, yes hyung, she likes me too. She is willing to do anything for us to be together.” Okay now, second important question.

“Does her father know? Or her brother knows about you and her?” Daehyun keep silent, maybe thinking before answering.

“Yes, her father acknowledges her with me and her brother too. They don’t say anything, and don’t prevent us from seeing each other but it is me, hyung. I feels like, I don’t match with her, she deserve to get a better man, I am just starting my career as photographer, normal photographer and she is few steps ahead from me.”

I just smile. Daehyun and his self-confident problem. I am glad or have a little relief when know that the father and her brother are not against them.

“So let me be clear, basically you have the approval from her father and brother to be with her, but you think that you are not good enough for her?” Daehyun look at me and nod.

“Daehyun, you are still young, you have a lot more to experience and encounter, yes now you are just a regular photographer, but you have dreams right, a dream to have your own studio, taking pictures of high profile people and being acknowledged as the famous photographer?” He nod and I continue the talk.

“So now, keep chasing your dream, but don’t leave her behind, I am sure she is chasing her own dream too. Both of you can chase your dreams together, not necessarily for you to back off when you know she is the CEO’s daughter just because you are thinking that both of you are not match, but you have to working on it to make it possible. You have nothing to be worried from her side since you said her father is fine with you be friend with her, so now make her father see that you are serious with his daughter and you are working hard to prove yourself to him that you are worth to be with his daughter. You get what I mean?”

Daehyun keep silent for a long time. Maybe he is trying to digest my words into his mind. After a few minutes of silent, he looks at me and smiles his cheeky smile.

“Hyung, now I get it why Yongguk hyung ask you to have the talk with me. You are so rational hyung and thank you for make me realize that how stupid I am. I should have shows her that I am serious to make both of us serious and I should think about that rather than distancing myself from her.”

“You are distancing yourself from her now? Tsk. How long have it been?”

“Two weeks, maybe. But I keep asking Youngjae to update about her to me.” He added and smile shyly to me. And that make me silent for a while, he has been away from his girl friend for 2 weeks and no wonder Yongguk is worried, I am sure he has been act different at home.

“Dae, since you still have the time, go to her, explain to her about this and tell her how serious you are. Be a man and tell her that you’ll work hard for her. But don’t cage her with yourself, let her loose and let her be friends with others, let her choose, and if it is fated that she is not for you, let her go but if that happen, you won’t regret anything since you have been trying hard to get her, to make her yours but it just not your fate to be with her. But I really hope this won’t happen to you. From now on try hard Daehyun, working hard, if not for her then think about yourself, getting her to be yours is one of the gift from all your hard works but if it is not happening then you have nothing to regret and believe that someone better is meant for you instead of her.” At least you won’t get to feel  like how am I feeling right now. The feeling of regret when I realized that I can’t even fight for my girl.

“I will hyung, I will text her tonight and meet her up tomorrow. Erm..thank you, hyung”

He said that while playing with the camera, I sensed his shyness and maybe it is enough.

“So when will my photography session starting?” I asked him and bring out laughter from him.

“Oh, yeah. Sorry hyung, I burden you with my story and distracted ourselves from our main reason of us to to be here” he tells me while looking around us.

“It is okay Daehyun, this is the least of how much I can help you, I don’t know when will I have time like this again to have this kind of talk with you. At least I hope you remember all I said and be more confident with yourself.”

Daehyun snorted and look at me with curiosity.

“What do you mean by that, hyung. We will meet again whenever I say that I need you and we will have this kind of talk until whenever, until I am old. Unless you are having an idea of ditching us away from your life?”

I am shocked. He is so keen, but I brush it off with my laughter.

“Yeah, yeah. I know. So now tell me where I should pose or sit or whatever. I have been itching to do some model pose since it has been so long since I did one for your final project.”

He is laughing. And I am so relief that at least before I go I managed to knock some senses into his mind and make him more confident to chase his love of life. At least one of my brothers will be working hard on his love life and not be like me who is just giving up on mine.

 

 

p/s: So here is my another update. I dont know if this story is getting into the reader or not.
I am not a writer and this is my first attempt. but I hope you guys enjoy reading this.
I have no beta for my chapter, so sorry for all the wrong of grammars and vocabs. I already try my best to minimize the mistake.
So until then...bye. 
Happy new year 2017. *still not too late right* ^^