The Life

Take Care

Himchan remains seated in front of Yongguk, patiently wait for his answer. After quite a moment of silence Yongguk speaks up “What with this questions? Why must they still after us? There is nothing to worry anymore. They were our past. Like what? 4 years ago? Why must they come to us now? What happen? Why this thing popped up in your mind out of sudden?”

Yongguk fire me with the questions. It just left me speechless. I am just paranoia with the past and maybe because it is related to Nara that makes me thinking things that ridiculously to happen. I keep my eyes on the floor. Thinking hard either I want to tell Yongguk the truth or keep it as a secret for now. Even Nara still can calm herself down in this situation.

“It is nothing Yongguk. It just maybe I am just really tired that I start to think and it just happen that my thinking be the imagination that going wild about that” I say to him finally. I brace a smile hoping he will buy my lies. I know he would not but maybe Yongguk can see how tired am I now that he let it pass.

“Nevermind. Just so you know we are nothing like our past anymore. We are living our life very well and in manner. And yess you look like zombie right now. Do you need to works tomorrow? Why don’t you just sleep here?” Yongguk offer me his bed and I do nothing to protest. I just answer him yes and lay on his bed while he is going out to make sure the two maknae already sleep.

I want to think more about the thing but as my head meet the pillow I go straight into the dreamland in less than nanosecond.

YONGGUK POV

I let Himchan have my bed and I decide to just sleep on the couch. Well not really couch actually. It is more like bed couch, that one can be transform into bed at night and couch on day. I decide to buy that couch after Himchan seems like always spend the night here rather than his apartment.

Talk about Himchan, I wonder what is going wrong tonight? He seems off. Something is definitely off. But knowing Himchan very well, I know sooner or later Himchan will tell me everything.

Sometimes I really pity him. We grow up together. Well not really 2 of us but also my twin brother Yongnam. But he more close to me compare to Yongnam. Himchan is the only son of his parent. And the perks of being the only son he always need to do whatever his parent want him too. Like now. He is working at his father company. He has no choice though. He even needs to sacrifice his dream to be a musical director. Compare to him at least I am a little bit lucky. My father owns company as well and I supposed to work with my family company. But I am a rebel not like Himchan, he is just too soft and obedient to his parent. I strongly say out loud to my father about my dream to be a music producer. Thank God I have Yongnam who is gifted genius and willingly to learn business and will take care the company after my father.

I lay on the couch by having a deep thought about Himchan. I know he do not like people to worry about him but as his bestfriend i just cannot stop to care about him.

I know Himchan is not so happy. But he is the best in pretending everything is fine and going well. His father rarely approved him doing things. His father even prevent him to be friend with the boys before and that was the first time I saw him begging his father to let him to be friend with us and promise will take after the company if his father allowed him to. I still remember his words.

"Father please, I am begging you. Let me be friends with them. I will do whatever you want me to if you do let me. I don't ask much. Just please. Let me meet and study with them."

His teary eyes and shaking voice and full of hope. Himchan still do not know that I witness that. And I dont think I want to let him know that I was there. 

It is not about befriended me, because we already childhood friends. It was the others. Well all of them not really coming from wealth family. Daehyun and Jongup just come from regular family. Youngjae’s family own a small company and Junhong a little bit above the average.

Easy to talk, Himchan’s father really takes care of status and everything to happen he will look at the standard first. It is weird when Himchan is not way near to act like his father. Thanks to that. If not I would not be a friend with him.

Basically I quite satisfy with our living now. Earlier, it is only Himchan Daehyun and me in this shared apartment. Himchan and I were in our last year in college at that time. Daehyun and Youngjae were only at the first year. Both of us knew Daehyun and Youngjae since middle and high school. And when they got the offer to enter the same college with us, I just offered him to stay with me. And Youngjae just casually ask if he can tail along. That was how we end up here.

Our years of friendship just getting better and the trust start to strengthen between us.  It was during my second year in college and that time Daehyun came to me and asked Himchan and I to watch a skateboard tournament in park near the college. That was how we end up meeting Junhong the cutie and Jongup the shy boy. Both of them just naturally came and talked with us before departed. But as usual, things happen unconditionally right. Junhong and Jongup was actually junior in Daehyun and Youngjae high school. That was how we finally end up as 6 people who actually friends but always are mistakenly taken as brothers.

I just smiling when remember all of this. And Nara. She is just special. Happen to stumble in our life. I wonder if she is doing fine now. It has been a while since I last meet her.

I wake up from couch to grab a blanket. I just smile when look at Himchan sleeping figure on my bed. He is really strong and he always good in hiding his true feeling. But I really hope he can open up more and not bottle up everything on his own. I just grab a blanket and pull on him. And take one with me as well.

“Goodnight Himchannie”.

 

NARA POV

I cracked my knuckled and straight my back also does some small exercises after sitting in front of laptop for about an hour. I glimpse to the side table. It is almost 3. I should get my sleep now.

Switching off my laptop and dim the light, I ready to enter the dreamland. But I just can’t keep my eyes close. I keep thinking about the stalker, the boys and Himchan. How did we meet about 4 years ago? Our meeting was not that sweet and memorable actually. Not only that. The moment that totally did huge change on my life always in my mind and I will never forget for the rest of my life. I miss them badly and seems like tonight I will cry myself to sleep. It has been quite a while. But tonight I just miss them.

“Omma, Appa, I miss you. I really miss you”. The last words that I manage to utter before I sleep in tears.

7 YEARS AGO

I am rushing to the hospital after I got a call and news that my parent is in ER right now. I try to calm myself before enter the door of emergency area before then head to the surgery room area and there I meet eyes my aunt. My mother’s older sister. “Where are them?” I ask. Try my best to voice out that simple question.

“Both of them are still in the operation room. Come and sit here.” She gesture me to come near her and I just follow her. Time flies very slowly. I feel like it already hours but actually it not even 30 minutes yet. A little bit later Minji come and she just stays by my side without saying anything. I call her during my way here because I do not really have friend and Minji is the only that close to me since my childhood. At least her presence does calm me a bit. I keep glancing at my watch and pray hard so that nothing bad will be happen.

After what I feel like forever, the surgeon comes out. I stand up and rush to him. His eye is showing something and I don’t like it. “Who is with the victims?” he asks. I come forward. “I am their daughter”. He nod before holds my shoulder and voice out the words that I hope I will never hear. “We are sorry. We have tried our best to help both of them but seems like there is someone up there that miss them more than us”.

Freeze. Everything around me is stop moving. I don’t even know what happen next. Everything feel numbs. Am I really lost my pillar of my life now when I just at the age of 16?

The next things that I know is I witnessing my parent coffin being lowered to ground. I feel Minji hold my hands. And her soothing words

“Let them go Nara-ah. Let them go in peace. They would not be happy if they know you are like this. You are strong and you know you always have me and your aunt.”

My aunt keeps comes to check me to make sure I am okay  before she go to meet my parent’s friends who come to pay their last respect. Minji stay beside me all the time during the process even though I not even talk a single word to her.

Tears keep flowing and I don’t bother to wipe them off anymore. I do not know what I should do.  Sad. Blank. Fear. Nervous. Everything is in me. I am still in denial state until I see the coffin being lowered. I take all my courage to control my feeling and thanks to Minji for grabbing me real hard, worried that I would do something that will harm myself.

Days after that, I get a call from my family lawyer. I need to stay with my aunt because she will be my legal guardian until I reach 18. Which means that is 3 years more.

Nothing can help but I move in with her and her small family. Which are her husband and their little pair of child. I know my aunt financial is not that good. Thanks to my parent for always saving for me since birth so I could use that saving for supporting my life for the time being.

And officially my life as an orphan begins and either I want or not I must keep on living. I will never let my parent down. I will pursue their dream to watch me graduate and living my dream as an engineer. I will make them proud to have me even though they will never witnessing my success later. 

 

 

Notes:
Hey. Here is the new chapter.
I know this story might be dull and boring. This is my first afterall so I not really know how to make it better.
Sorry for that. 
Thanks for drop by here and spend your little time to read.

I really appreciate that.