The Night

Take Care

I push open the café glass door. The smells of coffee and fresh baked bakery welcome me. It is so fresh and good. I wondering what will be today’s special menu. Minji own this café after she took baking class for about a year. It is not that Minji not interested in further her study, but it just she don’t feels like want to and then end up taking baking class. Her parent is quite loaded and they give her this small café. And things just need to happen without any plan when her boyfriend Seunghoon, actually studying business and willingly to help her with all those matters for the café. They seem like heaven made and I can’t wait when they will take thing to another step.

This café named as Blind Café and as for now it is already its 2nd year of operating. I was one of the earliest workers here. Minji strongly want me to work with her after the incident that makes me live my life the way I am now.

“Hello Nara, you are early today and I don’t see things right? You seem more beautiful today”, Seunghoon who are seated behind the counter greet me when I am in and yes, I got that compliment quite a lot today. Thanks to my idea to do the damage control by covering my puffy eyes with a little bit heavy make-up.

“Thanks Hoonie. Is Minji here? I want to ask her if I can start my shift early today?” I ask Seunghoon by taking the view inside the café. There are quite full and seems like only Taehyun and Amber are there to give the services and Seunghoon are sitting behind the cash register and be a cashier for the day.

“Yes, she is in the kitchen. I think you may start early today as you can see, Yuna and PO are absent. But I think you should go ask Minji first.” Seunghoon answer me and I just nod and make my way to the kitchen.

Minji is there. Do some baking and I can smell a very delicious cake or something coming from the oven.

“Hey buddy, I think you need some help in front to serve the customer but it seems like you also need someone here to help you with all the baking”. I simply say before put my bag aside and come to her side.

“Ouhhh. Nara-ahh. Thank God you are early today. I can’t ask why yet but can you just start your shift now. We are sort of short of people now” She says without looking at me because she has been to focus on her little new dough in the making.

“Are you sure you won’t need help in here. I can help in baking too, you know?”

“No. I don’t think so. I can handle here but I think you should help Taehyun and Amber in front. Thank God Seunghoon is on leave today so he can help be a cashier.”

“Okay, then. I go front first. Call me if you need any help”. I tell here and start to tie my apron and make my ways to the front and start my work. I can see how relieve Taehyun and Amber faces when they see I make my way to the front.

We keep work and tend all the customers and time by time Minji will comes from back and stock up the bakery at the front. Everything is so smooth and time flies so fast that without I knowing it is already almost 4 hour straight of working. Taehyun already end his shift an hour ago and now there are only me and Amber and not to forget Seunghoon. Sometime Seunghoon will make small talks with us to ease the pressure on us for having almost non-stop of customers.

After a while Minji join us in the front. I approach her with intention to talk about plan to leave early today. However, I not able to continue when the glass door is being pushed open and Himchan stand there with his beautiful smile.

“Hey Himchan. Come in. Come and try my new recipe for today” Minji beat me in greeting Himchan. This girl always excited when it comes to Himchan. Himchan make his move and shake hand with Seunghoon before taking his seat on the stool near the counter. His favorite spot everytime he is here.

“Hey, you are early. I still have an hour to go and I haven’t talks to Minji yet about getting leave early tonight”. I say to him when I come nearer. Minji ears perks up and she immediately cut my talk.

“Are you going to a date tonight? Why you don’t tell Minji. Ohhh. That was why you are early today. You should have tell to me, you know.”

Tskk. Minji and her never ending assumptions. I just snorted but before I could answer I can hear Himchan voice.

“I am really glad and proud if I can answer yes to that question, Minji. But sorry. Nope. We are not and we just going to meet the boys today. You know, it would be such a great help if you can let her go early today”.

Woahhh. I just keep looking at Himchan. What is that Himchan? Why you are saying that? But Minji voice cut my mind from trying to brain his words.

“Uhh. Okay. I don’t really mind actually. Nara already help a lot since she came early today and yeah I hope one day I would get the ‘yes’ answer from you, Himchan”. I averted my gaze to Minji this time. What is wrong with them?

By faking a cough I interrupt their little talk “Hey, you guys know that I am here right. How can you talk like I am not here? And minji? Are you sure you can handle things from here and let me go?”

I change the topic, try my best to calm down my heartbeat that now having an irregular thumping after hearing Himchan’s answer just now.

“Yes. Sure I can. Now go grab your things and please leave this café” Minji say while playfully chase me out of the café.

I just nod and ask Himchan to wait and go take my things. I take my leave with Himchan and now we are already walking side by side on our way to boys’ house.

“So, how was your day today?” Himchan breaks the silent between us. I answer him as usual and the small talks keep going on until we reach the destination.

“Himchan, what are we having for tonight? I think I want to cook…” My words being cut by Himchan

“No Nara. You won’t be cooking tonight. I won’t let you do that after all your works today at the café”

“But my babies sure happy if I could make them something plus it has been a while I am cooking for them”

“Nope dear, that won’t happen. Plus I already ask Yongguk to call pizza and chicken for tonight and we will just having fun and watching some movies maybe.” Himchan answer me while punching the password into the house.

I just hum and do my breathing properly. After hearing his little pet name for me I feel like it is hard to breath. I enter the house first after Himchan unlock the door and immediately I feel myself being envelop in a warm hug.

“Noonaaa. Finally you are here…I miss you noona”. Junhong the giant baby embraced me in his arm. I hug him back and pat his back.

“I am here Junhong-ah. Heeyyyy. It is only 2 weeks and you already miss me this bad?” I playfully and he just nod his head and hug me tightly.

“Okay Junhong. Your favorite noona won’t be able to breathe if you hug her any tighter” Himchan voice breaks the hug. “Eyyy hyung. You just jealous of me because I can hug noona right” he say while winking and before Himchan could answer him back, once again I being pull into another hug.

“Hey pretty. You lost weight. Don’t you? Don’t you eat well?” Yongguk. Yes I am in Yongguk’s arms and I can hear his voice on top of my head. I just giggled before reply him.

“No oppa. I am eating well.” I call Yongguk as oppa. I don’t really know why. It just he had my respect as an older brother that I never had. But I can’t bring myself to call Himchan oppa even if he and Yongguk are the same age. I more prefer call his name and treat him as my friends. Before Himchan used to brings this thing up and ask me to call him oppa too. But after that he is just give up and settle down with me to call his name.

Yongguk pull away and Junhong drag me to the living room. Jongup is there setting the table with pizza, chicken and cola. I glance at my back and see Yongguk and Himchan area having a small talk.

“Noona, yeayyy you are here. Come noona sits here” Jongup offer me a sit on the couch while he gives me a shoulder hug briefly.

“Thanks Jongup. How are you? Are you doing fine in school” I ask him while taking my seat. Junhong take his spot next to me and keeps me close to him. He is so cute sometimes.

“I am fine noona. And ermm I have exam upcoming weeks. So does Junhong. So maybe not doing so fine in school I guess” Jongup answer me while laughing. I know Junhong and Jongup are already doing fine. They are good in study, but knowing Jongup he is always humble when it comes to his life.

“Where is the ‘twin’?” I ask and get a hearty laugh from the maknae.

“Uhuk uhuk, why do I hear someone is talking bad about me”. Daehyun emerge from the kitchen while munching. And Youngjae appear after him not long after.

“Hey no one talk bad about you. It is true right that you and Youngjae are inseparable.” I answer him back while laughing. Himchan and Yongguk already join us in the living room and just look at me and Daehyun while maknae are shuffling the cds to get the best movie to watch later.

“Tsk, you know what Nara, you just gone 2 weeks and in that time Younjae already get himself a girlfriend. Don’t shock if you see him dating around the campus with his girl after this” Daehyun counter back to me and gain a slap on head by Youngjae. Daehyun, Youngjae and I are in the same age, same college, but different courses. Youngjae is a techno geek in IT course and Daehyun is a photographer and he is taking photographing courses in college. If everyting going smooth, all 3 of us will be able to graduating together.

Even though we are the same age, but they have been act as my older brother since high school when they found out that we are in the same school after ‘that’ night. Protective and so oppa-like when it comes to me.

“Shut up Dae, she is just my friend. Don’t think that I don’t know that you have been keeping your interest on her all this time? You wanna me to help?” Youngjae tease Daehyun and Daehyun just snorted and mumbling something about no need to and he will try on his own.

I just laughing at them and then Yongguk start to talk

“Okay kids. Let’s eat and we can watch movies after that.” All of us get around the table and starting to eat while chatting about everything that comes to my mind.

After eat, we watch movie together. I am being sandwiched between Junhong on my left and Himchan on my right. Yongguk on the beanbag chair and the ‘twin’ are lying on their stomach on the floor. Jongup is sitting comfortably beside them.

Half into the movies I start to doze off and I can feel that I slowly place my head on Himchan shoulder while try my best to keep my eyes open and watching. Himchan look at me and moves a bit to get me in more comfortable position. I mumbles a thank and keep watching. I am starting to fell asleep when I am being disturbed by Himchan’s ringtone.

“Sorry but I need to answer this.” He say and I just nod and move away to let him get up for his privacy.

I sworn that I heard Himchan voice are getting higher and higher every seconds he is talking on his phone. Junhong heard too I think but he just keep cool and continue watching. I look at Yongguk in worry looks and Yongguk just shook his head but give me his assuring gummy smile.

After a while Himchan comes back looking piss and quite annoying.

“Guys, I need to go. My father needs me for something. Errmm. Nara-ah sorry. I can’t walk you home tonight. Maybe Yongguk can do it?” Himchan voice out and look at Yongguk with hopeful looks toward him. He really don’t want to let me walk home alone.

“No worries Himchan. I will walk her home later”. Yongguk say and Himchan start gather his things and make his move to the door to leave.

“Thanks Yongguk and kids thanks for tonight. Sorry for the rush. And Nara. I will text you later”.

I get up from my seat and walk to him and follow him until the door. He is about to leave after saying goodbye but I still can catch a worry looks on his face when he is about to turn around. I stop him by hold his arm before he goes.

“Don’t worry Himchan. I will be fine. Yongguk oppa will make sure I am home safe and sound. You just take care okay. I will text you once I get home” I talk to him. He just gives me a nod and brief smile before leaving.

I don’t know what will happen later when he meet his father. They are always not in good term and to think about his voice just now during the talk in the phone make me worry a bit for him. I hope he will just fine.

 

 

Notes:
Hey hai. Finally I finish this chapter.
I can feel now that Its hard for me to built up the storyline even if I already have the whole idea of the story.
Hope you guys enjoy this small little chapter.
Thanks for reading. and If can give me some comments for me to improve.^^
See you next time.