He and She

Take Care

He is just sitting on the stool near the counter. His eyes follow the girl from back to forth from taking the order and sent the order to kitchen, taking the ready menu and delivered to the customer that have patiently waiting for the food to savour. Just by looking he can tell she is tired. She is not only doing this job, but she has classes to attend and discussion to catch up and not to forget her assignments that may be waiting her at home. But still he looks at her and her smiles never fades and her voice still so polite and her manner still so beautiful. She still diligently works her off to raise her income for the month.

“Dont you tired of staring?”, the voice interrupt him from his keen observation towards the girl. And that voice keeps ringing. “Where have you been? Quite a long time you are not being around? Are you that busy to make time for her? Dont you miss her?”

Tsk. he thought. How this woman did manages to fire him with the most accurate questions, and the last question that he will just answer with yes. But he will never say it out loud. By skipping the last question he just casually answers everything.

 “Sorry, i have been quite busy with my new project proposal. The clients are from the abroad so our timing not really fit on day, and night will be the last choice to do the video meeting with them. I just cant make it to come here for her. Its not that i am is so busy”.

“Himchan-shi, no matter how busy you are, you should make time for people you care. You know that right?”. She keeps pester him to answer that kind of question but he can tell she try different tricks. She really knows something.

“Minji-shi, i am here now. Can you just stop try to dig something from me. I am tired enough today.” Without waiting for her reply, he just go on asking her, “When will her shift ended?”.

“You know, you better do something or you gonna regret everything later. Her shift will end another 30 minutes. She always ask to leave early this week. “ Minji know Himchan would never let others know. But she is not blind. Not like the girl that Himchan has been looking from the moment he enter the cafe.

“Why? Doesn’t she usually will stay until closing before going home? End her shift around 1 hour early is so not her.” Himchan counter back the question because as far as he know you always stay back until everything clear before leaving the cafe.

“tsk Himchan-shi. Thats why you cant leave her alone too long”. She is just about to continue when Himchan block her. “I always text her and call her though even i am not coming here and she don’t say anything.”

“okay okay. Chill himchan. She just told me last few nights that she feels like there are peoples who always tailing her at night on her way home”.  Minji just spill the tea. The tea that you have been tries hard to keep it as secret from Himchan.

“Really? Why don’t she say anything?” Himchan’s worry eyes back to have a look at you who keep attending the tables without fails.

“maybe she just don’t want you to worry. Just like now. Keep it calm dude...she is grown up girl. She is sure can take care of herself”. Minji say while waving at you. The signal to tell you that you can end you shift for today.

OC POV

I saw him comes but i could not attend him. There quite alot of customers tonight. Thanks to Minji for been there for him to keep him away from boredom. He looks like losing his weight. Does he works that hard for just having a weight lose for a week? I shifted my eyes and caught Minji hands waving at me and pointing at the clock. I just take a brief look and realized that it already 10.30pm. i can already end my shift and go home. With the thought of going home with Himchan company make me smile without i know. I make my way to them and beam a smile toward Himchan. Ermmm. Can i say how much i miss him.

“Himchan-shi what a surprise? How have you been?”. I give him the casual greeting. So like me.

“Hai Nara-shi. I have been here for almost an hour and you not even spare me a glance. You know you are so cruel. I should just left here after the first 30 minutes.” Himchan answer back with the playful toned and a little bit sulking from me ignoring him. And the big matter is he is pouting. My weakness...

“Sorry Himchan-ah, you can see right i got a handful to handle and that was not really bad since i can see you are having fun with Minji here”, i say with side-eyeing Minji playfully. Minji just snorted before reply back “ He is just lucky that Seunghoon is not around. If not i will not even share him my glance.” Minji said to remind me that he already got a boyfriend. Like a really ideal boyfriend. Let me save his explanation for later.

“Nara-ah you are done right. Let me me walk you home”. Himchan said and i just nodded before tell him to wait for me to grab my things at the crew room. After a few minutes i am back to the front and get ready to leave. Share a quick hug with Minji and i am ready to go.

“Himchan-ah lets go. Minji see you tomorrow”. I said while leaving the cafe.

The walks is quite quiet and Himchan keep a really slow pace beside me. To think that it has been a while with him i decide to . “ Himchan-ah are your miss me that bad?”, I just asked out of blue.

He startled by the question and raised one of his eyebrows. Knowing his curious look i continue “yeah, you are walking like a walking dead. Slow. Like you want to spent more time with me. You cant miss me that much right.” I said with my playful tone and smirk.

“yes i miss you. It was a hell week long for not able to see you. You know that?” Himchan answers casually. I just shrug it off with laugh.

“Minji told me”, Himchan said suddenly. “She told me that someone has been stalking you walking home lately. Thats why you ask to end your shift early”. He keeps talking. “Why don’t you told me?”

 I thinking hard for a while and make a mental note to pinch Minji for spilling the news. “yeah. Erm..it just around this week. I don’t know who and what they want. But they keep the distance and don’t do anything. I just don’t want you to worry. I know you already have a lot in your mind.”

“they don’t do anything YET. You know you can just tell the boys and they will willingly walk you home” Himchan counter back with slightly frustrated voice. “i am sorry. I will tell them when i meet them later”, i say to him. I really cant see him like this. This is my fault for not telling him even knowing how much he care and concern about me.

Just when he about to talk, we heard some noises behind us and we both turn around only to find nothing and Himchan say “You know. Even me get a goosebumps now.”

 

Author notes: 

Hey hai guys. Me is new here as a writer.
Reason to write is i cant help but keep playing this story in mind. so i decide why not i try to share.
So here my first ever writing in years. Have fun,
Not promise to update frequently. but i already have the plot in my mind. 

English is not my mother-tongue. so great sorry for the grammar and spelling.
Comments and let me know where am i lacking. *i know it will be alot ^^