Break Time

Moving Forward

 

 

Eunjung being the more experienced one was send to another meeting while Seohyun was left in the office alone to take phone calls and prepare some files like always.

The trash collector greeted her and collects the trash bins.

Seohyun sigh upon seeing the food she prepared for his boss on the trash bin.

Sometimes Seohyun is worried. How can his boss skip lunch when all he had is only coffee for breakfasts?

But then again this is a fast paced industry and he’s running an empire all by himself.

So Seohyun make it a habit to prepare a quick food for his boss. At first she was sad seeing her prepared food was always cold and untouched. She was almost disheartened to prepare food for him. There are thousands of children starving and his boss won’t even take a bite with his food.

It was her coffee break now or so the employees called it that. Her boss usually stays in his office in the morning, scanning files, reading and signing document etc. In the afternoons her boss constantly has meetings or inspections around the casinos or hotels.

She decided to walk to the famous bakery where there’s always a queue in the morning for their famed puffs and tarts. Thankfully the line isn’t that long. She was contemplating what to buy when she reached the glass display, the colourful macaroons on display called her attention. Then she remembered her boss again. She frowns. He has been in the meeting room since morning. He hasn’t had anything since morning, not even his constant companion which is coffee. She remembers his bloodshot eyes and heavy bags earlier. Right after the meeting he needs to brainstorm with the planning department for the upcoming promotions.

Poor thing… she sigh.

She ordered five pieces of macaroons two for her consumption and three for her boss. She chooses vanilla, chocolate and green tea for his boss while she have sweet potato of course. She ordered two macchiato to go with the macaroons.

She laid the food on his table contemplating if she should put it on the side table. But there’s a chance he won’t notice it.

She plates it beautifully adding a hibiscus flower that was displayed on their table. Satisfied she backs away from the food. She sighs when she reaches the door. Baby boss might not even eat those. 

She hurriedly tore one piece of sticky note from her table and go back to her baby boss’s room.  

She wrote in a bright pink sticky note and posted on his macchiato.

It’s break time! (^_^)

 

Whatever. I can eat it if he doesn’t.  She thought

 

^__^

 

 

Luhan was little pissed. The meeting didn’t go as plan as he wanted. They were demanding too much for this project and won’t hear a damn thing about the given options. When he entered his office room he was greeted by a sweet aroma of coffee. He never thought how hungry he was until he saw the food on his table.

He only has 10 minutes to spare until his next meeting down floor. He picks up the cup of coffee and read the note written attached to it.

 What is break time? He tought as a smile unknown to him appear on his lips.

Unlike other days this time he didn’t think twice before he takes one macaroons and shove it in his mouth.

Yum.

The macaroons were all gone in record time. Somehow Luhan was wishing there’s more. He drinks down his drink and wipes his lips with the napkin. He was about to shoot his coffee cup to the trashcan when he stops and pluck out the neon sticky note. He was about to crumple the note but decided against it and put it on one of his drawer before he hurriedly run to his bathroom to brush his teeth.

 

 

^__^

 

 

As quickly as he come he Mr. Lu left without a word.

Seohyun sigh for the nth time that day. At least he didn’t scold her for her audacity. He didn’t even give her a glance when he hastily walks out of the office. Seohyun feels down about that.

She enters his office expecting to see the colorful macaroons but to her surprise the plate was clean and the empty cup was dispose already.

She smiles feeling giddy. At last his boss finally appreciates her effort. She hug her clipboard tighter, can’t believe what she’s seeing.

 

The next time she prepared granola bars and an espresso drink. There are only empty wrappers of the snack bars but the espresso was untouched. She makes a mental note not to give him anything too bitter. She always makes it to a point to give him something sweet for energy boost. Through experiments she learned the things her boss like. Her baby boss has a sweet tooth, he also love his coffee but neither too sweet nor too bitter. He hates carbonated drinks. He drinks fresh fruit juices but only once a week in a good day. He loathes sandwiches or bread with too many sauces because he says it’s too messy to eat and he doesn’t want to dirty his hands and suit. He also prefers his caffeine from Bean Gallery over any other brands. So Seohyun make an extra effort to walk a block from their building to buy the most desired coffee by her baby boss. It’s okay she said to herself, at least she gets some needed exercise and it clears her head. It might sound weird but Seohyun sometimes find herself imagining her boss eating what she prepared.

 

 

^__^

 

 

After excruciating hours of meeting with the directors Luhan dashed off to his office.

He enters the office with light footsteps. He saw his secretary table with a box of open chocolate cupcakes. But she’s nowhere to be found.

Hmmm… So today is cupcake. He smiles a little inside.

True to his expectation there’s three mini cupcakes waiting for him. Beside the plate is a cup of what he assumed is Latte by his favourite café brand no less.

He looks fondly at the neon pink sticky note attached to his drink.

 

Be careful with sugar rush. (^_^)

 

He quickly removes the note and added it to his collections in his drawer. It was like a habit of collecting those notes. Somehow he feels like he’s relaying much more to Seohyun when it was Eunjung who has been with him since the beginning.  Maybe because their age difference isn’t that great and he feel like Seohyun can be a friend if they met in a different circumstance.

As he savours the sweetness of the cupcakes combo by the milky taste of Latte, he remembers how at first he refused to eat the food that was laid on his table. But now every time he walk out of meeting he can’t help but to look forward to it. He even tries to guess today’s menu while walking towards his office.

Since Kris’s remark he somehow became more aware of his secretary. Not that he had not notice her before. With an angelic face and banging body like that how can anybody ignore her? It’s also the reason why he did not want to invest time staring at her too much. She’s thoughtful, kind and very patient, with all that it’s easy to assume she’s off the market. He’s sure she has someone she fancy. Luhan would bet his most trusted Jaguar F-type that she has someone she called boyfriend. His belief is supported by other theories he gathered like the ring she wear on her ring finger. But he’s sure it’s not a wedding band.

He had a lot of secretaries before her. Every single one of them attempted to seduce him. Some may have it subtle than the other but nonetheless all of them make a bold move towards him. So he really didn’t expect much from her for all he knew in experience the innocent looking once are most deceitful ones… Like that doe eyed person he messed around back in the days.

 

 

 


 

That's Boss Lu warming up to Seobaby 

And that's secretary Seo caring for baby boss. \(^o^)/

 

Again thank you for your encouragements!  (ノ^о^)ノ