Baby Boss

Moving Forward

 

 

Seohyun was so nervous she was running late looking for the address of the building she’s applying. She forgot how hard it is to commute going to places. When she was with Jongin, he makes sure she has a driver wherever she goes alone.

She arrived at the Lu Corp. main building panting and trying to catch her breath.

“Hi. Good morning.” She greeted the receptionist. “I’m looking for Ms. Hamn Eunjung.”

The receptionist smile at her kindly. She has a name tag that reads Irene.

“Are you Miss. Joo Seohyun?” the kind receptionist asks.

“Yes.”

“Just go to the 7th floor. She’s already waiting for you.” Irene said smile not fading from her pretty face.

“Thank you!” she bows before she speed walk towards the elevator.

The Lu’s are known for their five star hotels and casinos and resorts around Asia. The family’s love for nature is evident to their establishments. That’s one of their uniqueness that sets them apart from their competitors.

It was a splendid place she must say. Lots of life inside like real plants, a fountain, fish and are those bunnies on the grass? The glass that covers the building was actually made up of solar panels that they use to power the building. The whole firm was operated by these solar panels. It was indeed her ideal place to work. She knew little about the company she’s applying, it was Taeyeon unnie who advised her to pass her resume via email. All she knew is that this is a Chinese owned company. They have 5 star hotels and casinos across Asia.  And this place where she is right now is their main headquarters here in Korea. She briefly wonders why they need a separate building when they can work on one of the hotels or casinos.

The elevator signals that they reach the 7th floor. She looks at her full reflection to check any wrinkle on her clothes before she walks out of the elevator.

There are wooden chairs arranged outside that was designed artistically, and there’s a double glass door. She wanted to sit down and calm her nerves but a woman open one of the door.

“Come on in, you’re three minutes late.” after that she didn’t let Seohyun speak and close the door.

Seohyun panics a little. She enters the door as well.

This must be Ms. Hamn Eunjung. Unlike Irene she isn’t wearing any name plate on her chest. They’re about the same height but only because Eunjung is wearing high stilettos that match her tight fitting skirt. She looks like she’s in her early 30s. She has this serious worker aura around her and Seohyun gulp. Hopefully she isn’t as cut throat as she seemed to be.

The woman just looks at her with one eye brow raise, she was holding Seohyun file. She could see her picture attached to it. She makes a mental note to aks Taeyeon why that photo was used.

Seohyun immediately bow respectfully and introduce herself. After her introduction the woman just keep browsing her resume, nodding a little once in a while.

“Irene informed me that you arrive. I’ve already read your resume.” She gave Seohyun a side glance. Seohyun smile at her.

“You graduate as the same university as I ‘am.” the woman said.

“That’s great to hear.” Seohyun said slightly relieved.

“But… you do not have much of an experience. What a shame.” the woman shake her head lightly.

“Yes that’s true but I learn fast and I adapt to my working environment pretty well.” Seohyun assure her. She badly needs this job and this work place is award winning.

“You’re applying for a secretarial position but do not have any background or experience about it?”

Seohyun unintentionally gulp hearing her words. “Yes. But more than anything I’m ready to learn and I’m prepared to improve. I’m also flexible and can multi-task as well.” She said trying to sound confident.

She did not expect the next words out of her.

“You’re hired” the woman said closing the folder and she gives her a hand shake.

“Really?” as soon as the word escape her plump lips she regreted it.

Stupid me! You should be confident! She mentally scold herself.

“Yes. Ms. Kim Taeyeon personally recommends you. I’m Hamn Eunjung by the way, the other secretary.” Eunjung said offering her hand for a shake hand. Taeyoen mention that she’ll be working as one of the secretaries.

Taeyeon used to work here as a consultant before Baekhyun took her to join his company.

“Thank you.”

“You may start formally next Monday.” Eunjung said to her gesturing for her to sit down.

Eunjung explain the rope she needs to be familiar with, her duty and role as a secretary. Eunjung is the secretary who handled outside affair. Most of the time she is sent outside to attend meetings on their boss behalf, check some supplies, ect. She said she’s the running girl of the company. But she isn’t complaining as she said she rather be out there sight-seeing than being caged here. Seohyun’s job is to stay inside, receive phone calls, and make their boss schedules, reminding their boss’s agendas and other related stuff. At the end of the explanation she was given a USB to study about.

They went inside their boss office. Eunjung said she needs to be familiarized with their working station. Her boss office was huge as expected. It has its own living room complete with television and sound system, a massive aquarium that’s attached to the wall, a mini golf pen and a room size soccer field. Wow. She’s more surprise to know that there’s actually no bed inside the vast room. At the centre of it all is the boss working table. There’s a crystal plate that reads LU HAN, his boss’s name.

Eunjung also said that they have a dress code. M,W,F they are required to wear skirts, TTH are slacks/trousers. No neon colours are allowed. As much as possible it is encourage to wear white/black button shirts or white/balck blouse. Also wearing of t-shirts inside the building during work hours is strictly prohibited.

After the tour in their boss office, she was showed where she would stay; it was just opposite Eunjung’s station. She has her own space complete with the latest computer and a laptop and drawers. It wasn’t like those little and usual compact cubicle, it was actually spacious. Then again the whole office is too big to think there are only three people staying in this floor. EunJung, her boss and Seohyun herself.

Before lunchtime, a man arrives in the office. Seohyun bow politely but the man just hastily dumps files in Eunjung’s table before going straight to the sole room inside the office. It’s like he didn’t see anyone there, he complexly ignore them. Her boss has a light brown hair, droopy eyes and he’s quite tall. Oh he smells nice too.

“That’s our boss. Mr. Lu Han.” Eungjung said to Seohyun when the boss disappears to his room office. Seohyun nod her eyes still on the closed door.

“He seems… nice… and young too.” Seohyun said but she doesn’t have enough time to see his face clearly. But he looks like a child.

“Don’t let the face fool you.” Eunjung said laying down the stack of papers her boss pile on her table.

“He’s actually three years older than you.”

“Really?”

“I know right? Life is unfair. He’s under so much stress and pressure every single day and yet he still effortlessly managed to look that fresh and youthful. I’ve been his secretary for four years and I can swear he never age a day.” Eunjung said a little bitter.

“He’s forever a baby.” Seohyun chuckles at Eunjung remark.

“ to admit but true.”

“Well he’s my baby boss from now on.” Seohyun joke feeling already close to Eunjung.

“Already have pet name? We’ll see about that.” Eunjung new co-worker.

 

 

 


 

a/n: I know I messed her real name but hey this is fiction. I just felt awkward using Joohyun coz it reminds me of Yong. AND I love goguma! The only WGM I watched.