Tough Job

Moving Forward

 

 

They said working is tough and never easy but it’s rewarding at the same time. Clearly whoever said that haven’t met her boss Mr. Luhan yet.

 

 

Seohyun is standing in front of her fuming boss. Head hang low and about to cry.

“Explain to me why Mr. Wang didn’t show up to the restaurant we agreed to meet upon. And why does Mr. Hwang was calling me and demanding where the hell I was?” Luhan said vexed of what had happen in the last three hours. “Good thing I’m close friend of Mr. Hwang’s son.” Seohyun could see the scalding hot coffee in her boss’s table. She has the urge to transfer it to another place as she’s afraid her boss might throw it to her.

“I apologize for my mistake. I think I got it wrong, I exchanged the- “ Seohyun try to explain.

“You think?” Luhan ask sarcastically. “You mean you already did!” Luhan cut her off with acid tone.

“I’m really sorry sir.” She apologizes for the nth time, biting her lips.

“What’s wrong with you?” Luhan said indignant looking at her.

“Yesterday you gave me the incorrect files, the day before that you sent the wrong emails.” Luhan said his two does eyes no longer hold the innocence it usually have.

Seohyun didn’t even look up. Her eyes were on the floor the whole time.

“Just get out of my sight...” Luhan sigh in frustration.

“I deeply apologize sir.” Seohyun repeated. And Luhan just wanted to flat out scream at her face that her apologies are as useless as her.

Seohyun turn her back to leave. Her shoulders low in embarrassment.

“-No wait.” Luhan said as he open his drawer to retrieve a file. He tossed it carelessly to Seohyun’s direction. The papers inside the folder flew out in all direction before scattering on the floor.

“I want you to personally deliver that to the Incheon branch. Make sure all the files have their appropriate signatures.” Luhan commands.

She looks down at the papers that were freshly scattered by her boss.

“I don’t know how you’ll do it but I want them complete here in my office before 6 p.m. I’ll see you after my meeting with finance department.” Luhan said sternly before walking away with his nose lift up high.

Her boss wants her to go to the Casino and have the workers sign in personally. All 77 of them? Is he serious? Luhan walk out of his office stepping down on some of the paper not caring about the shoe marks he left behind.

Seohyun helplessly collapse on the floor. She stares forlorn paper that has Luhan’s expensive shoe marks.

She was eager to please and ready to impress when she first came here to work. After a several days all she did was to lament her fortune.

She breathes in and breathes out pacifying her negative energy. Finally she started to pick up the papers one by one. She has more than three hours to do this. Not enough if Seohyun’s being realistic. But she won’t succumb to her boss intimidating and abrasive attitude. She’s not a quitter not now when she has a lot to prove.

She darted out of the building as soon as she gathered the papers. She profusely apologizes each time she bumped into someone but never stopping in her wake. She hopes that the traffic isn’t too heavy. It wasn’t rush hour yet and she pray she would beat the rush later.

She wasted no time when she reached the casino and dart straight to the locker room to start her task. Thankfully she knew the place and the workers are familiar with her already having been there three times. The employees are nice enough to help her in doing her job. 

 

 

After an excruciating two hours she was finished and headed back to the office. She decided to use the bus and was waiting on a bus stop. She looks at her wrist watch and sigh defeated. She won’t make it in time. Luhan didn’t say anything about punishments but she’s expecting something drastic he might do if she didn’t complete her task.

 “Seohyun?” said a familiar voice.

It was Irene inside her red car smiling at her. She immediately stand up.

“Hey.” Seohyun said pleasantly surprised.

“Where are you heading?”

“Back in the office.”

“Hop in, I’ll drop you there.” Irene said to her.

“Are you sure its fine?”

“Yeah, no problem.”

Seohyun sit on the passenger seat.

“Now that I think about it, weren’t you absent today?” Seohyun said when she remember that it was only Seulgi that greeted her that morning.

“Yeah, something came up so I phoned leave.” Irene explain she never tear her eyes off the road.

“Did you come from the Casino?”

“Yeah.” she said forlorn.

“Is Mr. Lu giving you a hard time?”

“Yeah… but it’s understandable… Guess I’m not doing my job properly.”

“Believe me, I’ve been where you’ve been. Well not as a secretary but it’s really kinda overwhelming at first. You’ll eventually get the hang of it. Trust me.” Irene said encouragingly.

“I hope so.” Seohyun can only wish.

When they arrive Seohyun dash out of the car after she thanked Irene. “You save my career.” she said.

When she arrived Eunjung still wasn’t there. She opens her boss door office to check if her doe-eye boss is already waiting for her. To her relief no one is inside.

She sighs in contentment. She’s actually 10 minutes late if it’ll be based on the time schedule. But her boss said ‘should be here after the meeting’. And his boss is nowhere to be found.

A few minuites of collecting herself Luhan saunter inside. She quickly rise to bow and greet him politely, but Luhan as always ignore her like an invincible person. She follows him inside his office after a minute. She bow respectfuly again and stand in front of him waiting for any order or more scolding but none came he continue to ignore her. Minutes tick by and Seohyun feels like she’s back in elementary where the teacher would ask them to stand in line in silence as punishments for being messy and noisy only this time it’s two times embarrassing. Seohyun was about to gives up when Luhan unceremoniously rise from where he was seated and walk to his door.

Luhan open the door but before he left he look at Seohyun and said; 

“The next time you made a mistake like that i’ll make you run errands far harder than that.” Luhan warned.

“I understand.” she said bowing 900 but not holding any grudges against her sadistic boss . She understand him somehow. It’s never easy running a competitive company; people’s jobs are at stake not just his head.

Frankly she didn’t know how to quit. Or maybe she just really likes it here. Her co-workers, the environment, and the pay, everything is perfect… Well except her baby boss. But that’s fine Seohyun is a tough cookie for a hot coffee like her boss.