Lunch Time

Moving Forward

 

During lunch if they aren’t in hurry or they don’t have a deadline they need to meet, Seohyun usually go to their pantry and eat there with the rest of the company employees. If she has time she’ll pack lunch at home and eat it at the office. It’s not that the food in the pantry was bad it’s actually good but not hotel good. It’s just that sometimes she wants to know what’s going on her stomach. Not just the food was the issue for her but also since she began working some of male employees try to persuade her.  She clearly stated that she isn’t looking for someone at the moment but some can be persistent.

For today she decided to eat at the pantry. She laid down her tray on the table, she’s sitting opposite Eunjung. Eunjung is already busy eating her food.

There’s quite a commotion near the serving table. But Seohyun ignored it as she separate the fatty pork on her plate. Then she notice Eunjung frozen in the middle of biting her chicken.

“What?” Seohyun ask when someone sit beside her. She immediately turns to politely ask whoever it is to transfer to another table as she is not interested making friends. Yes she has been approached countless of times by co-workers but she’s really not interested in anyone at the moment. She so feed up that she put a ring on her finger. That way they’ll think she’s already taken and they’ll stop bothering her.

“What’s good?” a very familiar voice said not minding the employees flocking around.

As Luhan said that the whole pantry stops breathing just to stare at them.

“Sir?” Seohyun ask dumbly.

“I’m asking which one is tasty to feed my growling stomach.” Luhan ask eyeing Seohyun’s food.

In her tray lies vegetable soup judging by the floating greens, a bowl of rice and fried pork. There’s also an apple, a banana and half pear. She really has quite an appetite for fruits. Luhan thought fondly.

“Anything is good. They make delicious meals.” Seohyun state tries to act casual. She could feel all the eyes on her.

“Hmmm…” Luhan said looking still at her plate.

Without warning Luhan dipped his left pinkie finger in Seohyun’s bowl of soup and put it in his mouth.

“Yum.” He said nodding to Seohyun. “Spinach soup? I like it.” Luhan said as he leisurely finger pick one of the fried pork Seohyun has meticulously choose for minutes. He put it in his mouth savouring the juiciness.

“What are you doing?” Seohyun whispered lowly to Luhan. She’s well aware of their surroundings and she’s not sure if Luhan isn’t attentive enough or he just simply doesn’t care.

“What? We even share cup last- AWW!” Luhan shriek as there’s a sharp pain coming from his left foot. Seohyun just step on it on his foot purposely.

 

 

Last night, when they have a meal together at Seohyun’s place she ran out of drinking glasses because her neighbour ‘borrowed’ some and she couldn’t say no to them. Not that she’s expecting it’ll be back in one piece oh no. Luhan joked that he will just use her pot instead but Seohyun kindly offer her own cup.

They’ve been pretty close and comfortable around each other’s presence BUT that’s only when they were together. 

Yes close enough to share glasses of water. Seohyun want to emphasize, only when it’s just the two of them.

 

 

But right now ‘only together’ is not applicable. So what in the world her boss is thinking?

Seohyun doesn’t wanted her boss to be casual around her on occasions that involved her co-employees. Eunjung is still looking at them wide eyed.  She knows she’s picking up something from the look she’s giving them.

“Sir, the food is really good right?” Seohyun said eye twitching a little hoping Luhan gets the message. Thankfully Luhan stand up to get some food.

“Why are you guys just standing there? It’s lunch time.” Luhan announce to the spectators. The crowd immediately dispersed shying away from their boss.

“OK” Eunjung began. “What was that?” Eunjung eyes were the size of a billiard ball.

“Baby boss wants to eat.” Seohyun said calmly like it was no big deal. But really she knew it was.

“Obviously. But why here? He never. NEVER eats here.” Eunjung said as she hits her food with her chopstick.

“Maybe he wants a new environment. Eating alone can be boring and lonely.” Seohyun said remembering how Luhan said he enjoys eating with someone.

The last of lunch was stiff and awkward not just for Seohyun but for all the employees. The head chef of the pantry even come over to ask if they enjoyed their food. And what did Luhan do? He boldly asked Seohyun to give the rating instead of him who’s well the boss.

 

^__^

 

“What as that about?”Eunjung ask when they reached the office.

“What?” Seohyun said feigning ignorance. Doing here usual secretarial job while dodging Eunjung judging eyes.

“Don’t what me!” Eunjung said standing in front of Seohyun’s table.

She knew Eunjung interrogation isn’t done yet.

“Are you having an affair with your baby boss?” trust Eunjung not to beat around the bush.

“Of course not.” Seohyun said looking at her.

“You seem too comfy around each other.” Eunjung said crossing bothe arms.

“Whatever you’re thinking that wasn’t it. We’re just…friends?” Seohyun said even to her own ears it sound unfitting.

“You know, I always thought baby boss is… you know?” Eunjung said shrugging.

“What?”

“Like… one of us.”

“You mean gay?”

“You’re the one who said that okay.” Eunjung said putting both hands up in the air.

“Why?” Because really not in a million years will she ever think of Baby boss that way.

“Well like I said I’ve been working here for years and years but I never seen him with someone with XX chromosomes. His reputation is sparkling clean not a single scandal whatsoever. I’ve been with him for countless of meeting and I swear those other females are trying way too hard to get his attention but nah~ Baby boss doesn’t seem to be interested in any of them. Not even a bit. And I’m telling you those ladies come from prominent families and they are good looking people.”

“Is that so? You concluded he’s gay because he doesn’t seem affected by women?” Seohyun ask. She pictured those models and aristocrats females lurking around Luhan. Ugh. That wouldn’t be a nice sight... What am I even thinking?

“I do have another reason for that. About a year ago he has this gorgeous bff~ Sehun. I really mean it, he so good looking. He’s a model by the way and when you see him I bet you’ll turn gay if you’re a man. They used to be attached to the hip. He’ll be here all day and they even live together Mr. Lu’s penthouse. No one in the company has ever been in his house except, well Sehun and his house keeper.”

“Where is he now?” Seohyun can’t help her curiosity. Luhan mention Sehun before, he’s the one who’s constantly calling him. She remember when they’re having dinner how his face lit up when he saw who’s calling. No she’s still not convince baby boss is one of them.

“Sehun? He’s abroad doing modelling. Haven’t you heard about him before? He’s pretty well known especially here in Asia. His father controls the port I think. Like boss he’s also the heir of his family. He’s very rich, so it makes me wonder why he’s doing modelling. Then again all of his circles of friends are practically swimming with money. After Oh Sehun left he seems to be in a foul mood most of the time. And I’m telling you this…” Eunjung scoot closer to Seohyun. “Even his family wants him to get married soon. They were actually pressuring him to settle down for some time now. But Mr. Lu wouldn’t commit to anything they do. So I though he is… you know. ” Eunjung said carefully looking around afraid someone might accuse her of bad mouthing their boss.

“How did you know all that?”

“There’s a reason why he doesn’t meet up with his family. I was the one meeting them because Mr. Lu refused to see them unless it’s urgent. Mind you they want me to relay the very same message to him.”

Seohyun just remain quite absorbing the information.

“His father would speak like this; ‘tell him he’s not getting any younger what is he waiting for? When will I ever see my grandchildren?’ ‘Why didn’t he show up at the blind date we set up?’ blah blah blah.” Eunjung said faking a Hangul accented Mandarin.

They laugh together.  

“See I even memorize his father’s line…. So tell me what’s the real score.” Eunjung said quickly getting back to the main agenda.

“Still no. We’re just close because our age difference isn’t that great. He’s a really nice person.” and he’s so cute, he’s very thoughtful always prioritizing other people and…  Seohyun immediately shake her head. Earning her a weird look from Eunjung.

 “Nothing.”

“Seriously what potion did you use to tame him?”

“Eunjung…”

“I’m just kidding… Are you the reason he rarely throw a fit these days?”

“I give up!”

“But it’s true…He change. I know you notice it too.”

“Just don’t forget to send me an invitation if ever you become official.”

“Whatever.” Seohyun said trying to act cool about it all when inside she’s actualy extremely worried about what other might think about her and baby boss. But at the back of her mind she can't avoid him... and its because of a very reason she's afraid to confirm.

 

 


 

I honestly don’t know if this makes any sense but whatever. lol