Enough is Enough

Moving Forward

 

 

 

Seohyun comes back home broken hearted from what she had witnessed. There’s no other explanation to what she saw. It’s crystal clear in her mind what that was about. She feels so hurt and betrayed.

She thinks of the past. Of anything that will link the two together. Yoona didn’t go to university with them as she studied abroad. They met probably twice or trice in some gathering with all her friends. She can’t remember if they did talk long enough before. How long have they’ve been fooling around?

She tried to picture Jongin’s mistress a thousand times. She imagines it to be voluptuous and confident with an aura that could kill and matching thick black curly hair. Something that is exactly opposite of her. And yet it was Yoona. Not once have ever she imagined it will be her own friend she knew longer than Jongin.

She stares at her crying reflection. Oh how she look pitiful…

She cried in front of Jongin when Jongin said he will fight for her till the very end. She cried harder as Jongin promises a future with her ‘Together forever… I won’t leave you’ he emphasis. Jongin said it’s alright to cry because she still pretty when she cries. For him she will always be the most beautiful girl in the world.

Looking at her face in the mirror right now she wonder what part of her is pretty? What part of her isn’t pretty enough that Jongin needs to go looking for someone else…

So broken, so hurt and so… pathetic. That’s what she see right now.

She laughs humourlessly at herself.

A heart can only take this much.

She starts packing her belongings, the ones that she had when they first move in. Everything that Jongin bought she decides to leave it all behind. It only took 30 minutes to get everything ready.

She looks around their shared nest for the past three years…

She lives here in the past three years but she can never truly refer to it as her home. Everywhere she looks in this vast apartment had Jongin’s name invisibly written on it. She always mentions how it’s too monochromatic and looks more like a bachelor’s pad. She did not re arrange or dare to change anything, everything penny they spent on the household was earn by Jongin after all. From the colour of the walls, the couch’s position, shapes of photo frames to display everything was according to Jongin’s likeness and preference.

She contemplates whether she should leave a message to Jongin. But her mind isn’t exactly at its best condition right now to jot down a farewell letter to the man that hurt her so much.

 

Unexpectedly the door open and Jongin came with a folder in hand. His white dress shirt has a few button undone and the tie that he wore was no longer in his neck.

He looks equally stun as Seohyun who did not expect Jongin to be home at this time.

“Hyun?” Jongin question as his eyes focus in her duffle bag.

You’re a strong and smart woman. Seohyun chants in her head. She doesn’t want Jongin to see a single tear from her precious eyes. She would never give him that satisfaction. Pretty when I cry? huh.

“Hyun what’s this? Are you going somewhere?” Jongin ask and he could see the how sore her eyes were. Probably form crying?

“Yes I’m going somewhere.” Seohyun answer simply trying her best poker face.

“To where? At this time?” Jongin look puzzled as it is so unlike Seohyun to do something impulsive.

“Somewhere. Don’t wait for me. I won’t be coming back anymore.” Seohyun said as she picks up her bags.

“WHAT? What are you saying?” Jongin said voice raising a few octaves.

“I said I’m leaving. Goodbye Jongin.” Seohyun said doing her best to hold her emotion. She walk past Jongin.

“Why are you leaving me?” Jongin immediately hold back her arms, making her stop at her track. “Talk to me Hyun. Please don’t be like this.” Jongin almost beg.

“What should we talk about? You, going home late? Drunk… Or about your affair with Yoona?” Seohyun said bravely in Jongin’s face. Her teeth was gritted so hard.

“H-How did y-you-“ Jongin is too dumfounded at the news of Seohyun finding out about his secret rendezvous with Yoona.

“I saw the two of you earlier at the hotel.” She said acid in acid tone. She could see the horror in his eyes.

“Of all the women out there…why?” she ask because it hurts more knowing one of your friend back stab you. It takes all of her will power to stay blank, she would never let Jongin see how broken she was.

“Tell me why Kim Jongin!” She demanded voice raising in anger when Jongin choose to close his mouth.

“Hyun I’m sorry…” Jongin said eyes in Seohyun’s pair of orbs that was full of hurt.

“Don’t.” She said sternly looking at Jongin dead in the eyes.

“But Hyun please listen to me. Y- you can’t just go… Please babe… You know I love you right? I love you babe…” Jongin said pleadingly. He look so sad and pitiful begging like that. Seohyun almost, almost believe him.

“I don’t want to hear any of your excuses. I have enough of you for today. Just let me be.” Seohyun said firmly her hands clutching tighter her bags straps.

“Hyun please just listen to me first… Let’s talk this over… We can fix this… Just please…” Jongin implored now on his knees. But Seohyun is having none of it. She doesnt want more lies in her system. No amount of sorry can heal her damaged heart.

“If you really did love me and still respect me... You will let me walk away in this apartment and never bother me again.” Seohyun said eyes looking down on Jongin. There’s a seriousness in her eyes that Jongin never seen before.  

She can’t breathe from the stiff atmosphere around the room. She really needs to get away fast.

“I can’t-“ Jongin said weakly. How he wish this is just a nightmare.

“Yes you can. I did it for you. Please do it for me.” Seohyun said as she forcefully swat Jongin’s hands on her hand. Jongin did not follow to stop her. For that she’s was somewhat thankful.

 

 

Jongin was still on the floor slapped by cruel reality. He thinks about what Seohyun said. He loved her and he respects her truly. She wants some time and space… And it’s the least he could do for hurting her and betraying her.

Jongin was broken man when Seohyun walked away without looking back at him. At that moment he decided that he’ll give both of them time to recover and heal. After that he’ll chase after her and court her back. But for now all he can do is to cry his heart out and regret everything that had happened.