Disaster after Dinner

Moving Forward

 

 

They went back to the car with Luhan opening the door for her. She always says he’s doing it just to as sometimes Luhan would bow courteously calling her ‘your highness’. In times like this Seohyun would just go along smiling while rolling her eyes.

“Hey buckle up your seat belt first.” Seohyun complained as Luhan gun the engine without securing his own seatbelt.

Without much patience to spare Seohyun pull out his seatbelt for him, touching his shoulder and put it herself.

“There. Safety first.” Seohyun reminded him for the 100 and 50 times. In all honesty Luhan enjoy this side of Seohyun the reason why he always ‘forget’ to put on his seatbelt.

 

After minutes of driving and talking about mundane stuff, they arrived near Seohyun’s apartment. They’re something off about the area. Normally when they arrived no one can be seen loitering around. But not today. People are gathering, cars, trucks and police were gathering around.

“This is odd.” Seohyun whisper.

“Is there a fiesta or something?” Luhan asked as he stopped the car two buildings before her apartment building.

“No.” Seohyun answered looking ahead.

She went out of the car to check what the commotion is all about. But the thing that caught her attention was her apartment building wherein a good chunk was destroyed.

The walls finally give out and part of it run down. The other part was still intact but she’s sure it might give in as well. Cement and debris were on the ground. A yellow tape line was place around so that no one can get through inside.

Seohyun can only gape at the dreaded situation.

Unconsciously she starts moving towards the building.

“Miss you can’t go.” one of the officer warned her blocking her from going through.

She thought about her neighbour. The obnoxiously loud couple that lives next door. Yes they were annoying most of the times, borrowing items that they won’t even bother giving back but still. They are good neighbours.

“Is there anyone that gets hurt?” Seohyun ask with concerned eyes.

“No. No one was injured. Everyone gets out in time.” said the officer. And Seohyun breathe an air of relief. Thank God everyone is safe. The she remember her stuff.

“I need to get my things.” Seohyun said trying to get pass the line.

“No you can’t its dangerous.” Seohyun almost forgot Luhan as she rushes out earlier. Luhan has his hands on her arms preventing her from moving.

“But my things… I can’t just…” Seohyun start looking sadly at the building.

“Those are just material things. Let’s just buy new one.” Luhan offered, worried about Seohyun. He never saw Seohyun like this. So sad and about to cry.

“No, you don’t understand. My grandma’s blanket and my family’s locket…” She began. That’s two of the most important things she owned. Her deceased grandmother weaved that blanket for her and the family’s locket is the only reminder of Seohyun’s family.

Looking at Seohyun forlorn expression Luhan thought of something.

“Mr. officer can I get inside just real quick. I just badly needed to retrieve something. It’s just on the 5th floor and it’s on the other side.” Luhan asked the officer. Only a part of the building was ruined the one on the side are still intact.

“No you can’t. You can write your name over there and list the address where we can ship your stuff.” The officer instructed pointing at a mini tent they set up.

Seohyun look dejected and that made Luhan try harder.

“So how about ₩ 500,000 sound?” Luhan was running out of time so he tried his shot by bribing.

The officer look bothered. He looks around for a moment and Luhan thought it didn’t work out.

“I’ll give you five minutes. And if anything happens to you it wasn’t my fault understand?” the officer whispered to him.

“Thank you so much.” Luhan said handling the money subtly.

“Wait… Luhan.” Seohyun said catching his wrist before he can move.

“Be careful…” Seohyun said sadly.

“Don’t worry. I’ll come back quickly.” Luhan said and give her an assuring smile.

It was the longest five minutes in Seohyun’s life. She was so worried that she was clasping her hands together like she was praying. Or maybe she is. She’s also biting her lip hard. She was thinking why she didn’t even stop Luhan. What if the walls give out and he’s still there and he gets trapped.

“ugh.” she moan worriedly.

“Luhan please be safe.” She whispered again and again.

She shouldn’t have let him go alone. Who will be interested in her old blanket? It’s full of holes and drool because of old age. While her locket, it was antique but she doubt it’ll fix a high price. It was just old metal nothing fancy. Luhan’s life is still far more valuable. Life is precious and irreplaceable after all. and it was her only baby boss. Now she’s mentally slapping herself.

“Luhan where are you?” she whimpered impatiently.

“Your boyfriend is really sweet.” the officer commented. She suddenly wanted to correct him that he wasn’t his boyfriend but the man talk again before she can respond.

“Earlier there was this couple and they were arguing who should stay inside because they still have some stuff in there. Well both of them are young; of course they wanted to live more.” the officer told her.

Seohyun was positive it was the couple who lives next door. She can imagine Luna ordering her boyfriend to secure their stuff.

A little later Luhan emerged from the back where he disappears earlier with the officer.

Seohyun run to him.

“Here’s your st-“ Luhan begin but he was taken by surprised when Seohyun hug him.

“Thank God you’re safe.” Seohyun said tightly embracing her boss. Luhan smile from the outside to the inside. Seohyun feels warm against his chest. Thank god you’re safe. Thank you for keeping him safe.

 

It was worth the risk. Luhan thought as he embraces her back. He just wishes Seohyun won’t notice how fast his heart beating is right now.

 

^_^

 

They went back to Luhan’s car after talking with the other officers in charge and signing some documents. Luhan patiently wait for her, guiding her shaken form. Luhan can see how worried she is about what happened.

“What should I do now? Where will I go?” Seohyun said miserably as she looks at her lap.

“You can stay in my place” Luhan said suddenly.

“What?” she said thinking before following a strict “NO”

“Well do you have any place to go?”

Seohyun thinks. Tiff is in the U.S while Taeyeon is living with her boyfriend. . She doesn’t want to bother Taeyeon and her boyfriend. Hyeoyeon is living in the province, she’ll accept Seohyun with open arms if ever. But she can’t stay far away from Seoul. Her work is here… She can apply to other company but she doesn’t want to. She’s not ready to give up her job. No way.

The others were out of country. Also she doesn’t want her friends to worry about her. I’m doomed.

Seohyun shake her head.

Luhan sigh before grabbing Seohyun’s shoulder.

“Look I don’t have any ill intention. I’m your boss, baby boss.” Luhan said trying to ease her. “You always took good care of me. I also happen to know that you spend your own money to feed me. So please allow me to at least help you now that you’re in need.”

“But still...” Seohyun said still reluctant with the idea of living with her boss.

“My apartment is a little big just for myself. You can a have your own room.  You can stay there for the time being, if you don’t like it you can pack your bags and go anytime you want. I really don’t mind.” Luhan said in genuine concern that made Seohyun whispered a small “Okay…”

 

 

 

 


 

Im planning not more than 25 chaps, at least that's what's on my fish bone (outline).

See yah guys. And again thank you for your kind words. (~˘▾˘)~