New Secretary

Moving Forward

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

 

It’s a fine day to start. The sun is shining proudly outside and it lifts Luhan’s mood. He’s sipping his daily companion; a freshly brewed coffee, when a knock came out of his door’s office.

“Hello. Good morning Mr. Lu. I’m Joo Seohyun your new secretary.” the woman bows politely after she introduced herself. He could tell she’s nervous.

Luhan gave her a quick look from head to toe before he goes back to his drink. She wasn’t bad. He briefly wonders how long she’ll last. Eunjung informs her last Thursday that his new secretary will start this Monday. He just hopes she won’t be like the others.

 

 

^_^

 

 

 

Throughout the week Luhan observe her quietly. Seohyun’s done lots of mistake but none too grave to cause severe damage in the company.  But still in Luhan’s standard one mistake should cost her-her job. He shouted at her face a few times for interchanging his schedules. He threw her the papers when she gave the wrong information and asked her to have it in a clean file when he returns from a meeting. Once, Luhan throws her own clipboard in the wall zooming just few inches from her face almost hitting her pretty face. It startled her he could tell. But Luhan is fuming with anger, how can she possibly miss an important details like that? He also asks her to do overtime and wait for him to finish his meetings until she can go home. To Luhan’s dismay she doesn’t seems irk nor offended by everything he did no matter how rude he was. She would still be very polite and bow without a single complain towards her boss.

One particular incident that Luhan can never forget is when she interchanges his meetings with Mr. Wang and Mr. Hwang. He could tell his secretary was shaken from his outburst. But he needs to be strict and harsh, he has a status to uphold. He was feeling sorry that even the meeting was finished he stayed in the meeting room for an extended 30 minutes. From the glass panes of the room he saw how she run towards the building. He only left the room when he’s sure enough that his secretary was inside the office.

Luhan also used her as a messenger even though it’s not on her job description. He was testing her, trying the depth of her patience and pushing her limits. In all honesty he was waiting for her to break, quit and walk out the door. But all she did was gulp nervously, bit her lips, bow her head low and apologize repeatedly. What is wrong with her? Luhan often wondered.

But then again she hasn’t thrown herself at him yet, that makes him gave her another chance. It’s a record really. Her secretaries usually lasted for about a month or two. After their great introduction they will start seduce and flirt with him. But Seohyun is different; she hasn’t shown any slight provocation to him. To her all are professional and she likes to learn, eager to satisfy and do her job with flying colours. That’s why he keeps her.

 

 

^_^

 

 

“Sir?” a voice said waking him up from his reverie.

“Yes?” he said looking away from the files he’s reading a while ago.

Seohyun bow before him.

“Uri Bank just called asking for a meeting with you. I check up your schedule for this week. We can schedule it this Wednesday after the board meeting. But if it’s more convenient for you, we can schedule it this Thursday after doing your rounds in the Casino.” Seohyun said to her superior.

“As my secretary, which one do you think is more fitting?” Luhan ask challenging his secretary. Seohyun eyes rounded in surprise. She looks adorable whenever she’s surprise. She gulps first before she opens her lips to speak. She’s so awkward with everything she does. Luhan thought and yet he still find it endearing.

“Sir… I would suggest Thursday.”

“Why is that?”

“Since you’ll be out in Thursday to the Casino, I think I’ll be easier for you to travel at the bank. You save gas and energy as well.”

“Okay then, Thursday it is.” Luhan said coolly going back to his paper.

“Noted sir.” Seohyun said jotting down some notes on her clipboard.

“Also the florist that will be doing the arrangement for the Mayor’s anniversary called in to confirm the date. I told them that they still need your approval.”

“Didn’t we have our own florist?” Luhan ask brows knitted together.

“Yes sir. But the mayor requested a specific florist for the event. They say it’s a personal request.”

“Alright. Tell Eunjung to visit their flower shop and have someone with her to check their flowers.” Luhan order. He really pay attention to details his hotel’s name are in stake here.

“Will do sir.”

“Oh by the way… Is there any news from Secretary Ma about the Qingdao Casino?” Luhan ask as he remember his father calling him earlier asking about the progress about the future Quingdao branch.

“I already email them as soon as I finished reading the reports they sent. I’m just waiting for Mr. Ma’s confirmation for their date of arrival here in Korea.” Seohyun said confidently.

Arrival in Korea?

“So that’s mean I don’t need to fly to China and meet them?” Luhan asked. He was glad that was off his shoulder. “How did you know they’ll be coming here?” Luhan inquired.

“I’ve heard from one of the staffs of the planning department that their former boss which happened to be Mr. Wenyin will be arriving this month. I asked Secretary Ma if it’s true and he said it wasn’t entirely the plan so he didn’t notify us. It’s just something unexpected happen so they’ll be here in Korea. He agreed when I asked him if we could squeeze in a meeting with them. I was just waiting for Secretary Ma’s reply before I tell you.” Seohyun explained.

Luhan was quite for a while. He isn’t really fond of flying so this is really good news to him.

“Is there anything you need sir?” Seohyun asked.

“Nothing. I’ll just call you when I need something” Luhan said dismissing his secretary.

“I’ll take my leave sir.” Seohyun said politely as she bends her head to bow to her superior.

“Seohyun?” Luhan called.

“Yes sir?” Seohyun immediately turn around to face her boss.

“Good job.” Luhan simply said keeping a poker face as the he go back to his paper. Like he doesn’t really care.

 “Thank you sir.” Seohyun smile. She with her eyes lightening up. She’s really pretty when she smiles. Luhan admits.

It’s her 4th week and he could tell she’s well adjusted. He also adjusts his attitude towards her. There’s no need to be harsh if one is doing their job correctly right?

And in the end he was glad he kept her.

 

 


 

 

Your kind words keeps me typing so thank you all (^__^)