Dinner Date

Moving Forward

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

Like vaguely stated before, Luhan has next to nothing in terms of experience in dating. He never dated. Being attracted to someone is something new to him (Attracted in a non-carnal way).  Why date and get serious only to cry and hurt in the end?  True he did mess around but that was purely consensual. Both parties involved were well aware that there’s no feeling attached what so ever. Dating is just for boring/sadist people.

But that was pre- Seohyun era.

What does he like about Seohyun? Hmmm…

Define Seohyun.

Seohyun; his ever so patient secretary. His life support. The one who organize his life (forget Eunjung, Seohyun is the one who stays with her in the office pacifying his mood and temper most of the time) and company needs. The one who cheered him up during his low points and also the one he choose to celebrate with during favourable days. She would stick with him and his tantrums even if someone offered her higher wage. (Yes, Kris did try to get her behind his back-that bloody traitor!!!)

She showed him that it’s okay to make mistakes there’s always tomorrow to do better and improve.

And Seohyun would obey his whim no matter how rubbish and useless it is.

Seohyun.

 

 

Now back to the present. Luhan was clutching his phone waiting for his bastard of a best friend to pick up his calls. He’s been calling him nonstop for the last 30 minutes and he’s not ready to give up until he answers. Oh Sehun is currently in France for Paris fashion week and during every fashion weeks he knew all too well that he’s dead tired of all the fashion shows and after parties but right now he doesn’t give a flying .

“C’mon Sehun pick up my call you damn wit!” Luhan muttered over the phone.

“Hyung do you have any idea what time is it here?” Sehun ask groggily when he finally answered. Luhan knew that they live in opposite side of the world but he doesn’t care right now.

“I have no choice. I need you.” Luhan breathe in to the other. Truthfully he had other friends that he could bother but knowing them, they’ll gonna laugh at him. They’ll bury him alive shaming him that the Great Luhan has finally met his match. He could already imagine his two giant friends with shovels on their shoulders laughing at his grave. Of course he’s exaggerating.

There was a long pause before the other speaks again.

“This better be good…” Sehun said half sober. Luhan knew Sehun is sitting up from where he was sleeping.

“Remember the girl I’ve been telling you about?” Luhan began.

“You mean your secretary/nanny/mother/wet dreams mould into one?” Sehun said on the other line. Luhan groan at the mention of wet dreams.

“What it’s true? Did you make a move already?” Sehun said boringly. You can’t blame him they’ve been talking about this stuff for quite some time now and Luhan still make no progress until now.

“That’s the reason I’m calling you.”

“What is taking you? Seriously?” Sehun grumble. “Getting some mice over your chest I see.” Luhan just roll his eyes at his friends’ remark. “Well for starters… Just ask her for dinner. That’s a good start I’m telling you.” Sehun advice.

Sehun makes it sound so easy. I wish it was that easy.

“How do you ask one for dinner?” Luhan ask carefully.

“Oh let’s see. You talk to her like a human you are. Get it genius?” Sehun said with sarcasm.

“I can’t just do that?”

“And why not? Didn’t you say you always go to her apartment to eat? Aren’t those practically considered as dinner dates?” Sehun said indignant.

 “No. It’s different… I just want to… to formally… you know… ask her out.” Luhan said rubbing his check hard because of anxiety. Why he is even agitated? It’s just a date for crying out loud.

“Then go ask her instead of robbing my sleep! Aish hyung!” Sehun whined at his hyung.

“But Sehun…”

“It takes two people to fall in love. I’m not saying you’re on that stage now but I think if she likes you and she does somehow fancy you then she has an idea of how you feel.”

“How I feel?”

“Damn it! If I was there right now, I already punch your gut! It It was so obvious you like her. Don’t you even dare to deny it!  You call me every day just to talk about what food she prepares for you. And I have no idea you knew so much about gluten, I bet you got that from her. You leave me messages telling me how she looks so fine in her clothes. Dude, get a love life instead of bothering me with you nonsense. And make it quick!”

“Brat…” Luhan remain quite pondering over his best bud’s words. Is he that obvious? He’s surprise that Sehun didn’t cut him off yet despite his total silence for minutes.

“Now, I hope I gave you enough time to grow some balls and ask her out. You’re not confessing yet and you’re already panicking how much more if you are. I can already imagine…” Sehun mock his hyung. But Luhan just stay silent.

“Thank you Sehun.” he said sincerely.

“No problem Hyung. Now go out there and make me proud.” Sehun said and then he heard a beep.

Luhan is ready. He found his courage thanks to their magnae’s wise words. Who knew Sehun can be poetic sometimes.

He walks confidently outside his door to have a face to face talk with his favourite secretary.

You can do this Luhan. Grow some… Make Sehun proud.

He was standing in front of Seohyun’s table ready to deliver his well-rehearsed line

It’s just a simple ‘Wanna go have some dinner with me?’ Yeah that’s it. You can do it Luhan.

The other is busy typing something on her end that she failed to notice Luhan waiting for her.

 “ehem.” he said trying to get Seohyun’s attention.

“Sir?” Seohyun ask looking up to see her boss in front of her. She no longer bows to him as per Luhan’s order. But she insists only if there are just two of them.

“I-I…” Luhan tried. Seohyun is looking at him expectantly and Luhan just lost it again in her innocent orbs.

He opens his mouth again but no words were coming out. He can’t do it.

“I need you to file the report that was submitted earlier. Have you checked the emails from Sicong company? Also don’t go home until you finished that data you’ve been working on... ” blah blah blah and it goes on and on. Luhan has no idea what was spewing out of his mouth. His confidence just went down the drain. Why is he acting like this?

Whatever it didn’t grow that fast… 

Sehun-ah I failed you. Hyung is sorry.

 

 

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

 

It was Friday and payday. Everyone is in a good mood. Just before her work time is over Luhan come to her and gives her more documents to file, some emails to be check and schedules to be booked. After having two hours overtime Luhan wait for her and told her that he will drive her home.

Unbelievable. Seohyun bitterly thought as she watches her baby boss practically skip going to the parking lot.

When they were on the car, Luhan said it’ll be nice to fill up their belly with some authentic French food. Seohyun can only look at him suspiciously.

He might have been bored with food I feed him at my apartment.

Only that wasn’t really the case. If only she knew Luhan’s internal struggles.

 

 

^_^

 

 

“You can just ask me to dinner. You don’t have to pile me tons of work before my time off.” Seohyun said as she elegantly sliced her steak.

“Would you go have dinner with me if I ask you?” Luhan ask as he played with his wine glass. Just smelling the red liquor calms him. It also give him courage. He’s planning to take one to his office.

“Didn’t we have dinner most of the time?” Seohyun retort.

“Well we do but not like this. So?” Luhan said pointing at his pristine white bib. He looks like a baby. Seohyun wanted to coo at him.

“Hhmm. Probably….”

“What do you mean by that?” Luhan ask brow raise.

“If you’ll allow me to choose the restaurant then I might consider.” Seohyun teases smiling at him. He knows Luhan can only ask him to dinner every Friday if and only if he doesn’t have work the following day which is kinda rare.

“So you can feed me raw plants and live animals?” Luhan retort. Seohyun prefers natural and raw food. He could still remember that one time he was forced to swallow a live octopus. Seohyun was just laughing away while he was fighting with the creature inside his oesophagus.

“You mean healthier options.” Seohyun said to him. The way she bit the tender meat make’s Luhan thinks of unhealthy stuff so he put his focus back to his wine.

“How long are you planning to live? Do you want to outlive everyone? I don’t eat much every day at least give me same time to enjoy food.” Luhan state.

“Fine. But next time no more fine dining. I know a lot of place with delicious food.” Seohyun said looking around remembering where they are.

“Really?” Luhan ask as he twirls his glass filled with finest red wine the restaurant has in stock.

“Just trust me.” Seohyun said winking. Luhan just smile.

If you only knew how much I’m putting my life on your hand. Luhan thought.

They were on one of the newly open restaurant in the hip district of Gangnam.  Luhan gets a special reservation and they were seated privately away from the crowd. They have two waiters attending for their needs. Earlier the head chef himself greeted and presented them the food he prepares for them.

Luhan thinks the place suit Seohyun. She carry herself well on public, she’s eloquent, have a very good manner and classy. But Seohyun is in front of her telling her she rather dines somewhere simpler and ‘normal’. Whatever that means (healthy greens). He just smiles at his glass.

 

After the dessert was served and it was heavenly. The best creme brulee Seohyun has ever tasted. They were eating heartily when Luhan’s phone vibrated.

They were in the middle of talking about mundane stuff that happen in the office and every time Luhan’s phone lit up his face would lip up as well.

“Someone looks happy?” Seohyun ask when she had enough of her boss.

“Oh, it’s Sehun” Luhan said getting his eyes back to his phone. Seohyun knew they were chatting right now about some important things judging by how her boss fast his finger movement.

Sehun again. What are they even talking about? Baby boss seem too invested in him. She thought bitterly.

“Why are you frowning?”

“huh?” Seohyun said completely unaware she’s doing it.

“Don’t you like the creme brulee?” Luhan asked.

“No it was great.” Seohyun said forcing a smile.

“Okay.” Luhan simply said before going back to his phone.

Needless to say Seohyun didn’t finish her creme brulee. She was itching to ask Luhan about Sehun but that was too out of character of her. Maybe some other time she can open about it.

 

 


 

Again thank you for your kind words. You guys keep me going.

٩(^ᴗ^)۶