The Truth Hurts

Moving Forward

 

 

She made plan for the day to meet up with old friends. She made a clique when she was in high school that up until now are still close together. Well at least most of them. She arranges herself properly; dress prettily applied a minimum amount of make-up like always. She looked at the mirror and praises herself. At least I don’t look like a woman who’s losing sleep… or losing her boyfriend. Outside I look perfectly happy only I know I was broken inside. She smiles at the mirror practicing her happy face.

Seohyun is meeting her long-time friend Tiffany with Taeyeon. None of them knew about Jongin’s dirty bags. She doesn’t want them to know.

She heard her phone’s ringtone signalling’s Taeyeon’s arrival outside the building they live in.

She hurriedly grabs her bag and cell phone and proceeds to the elevator.

“Tiffany’s already at the restaurant.” Taeyeon said when she secured her seatbelt.

“But, didn’t she just arrive?” Seohyun ask her unnie wearing her ridiculous huge sun glasses.

“Yeah, but you know that girl. She has no time for jet lag.” Taeyeon said smiling.

“Is Khun with her?”

“Nope. This is a no-boyfriend allowed meeting.” Teayeon said as she starts the engine.

“Good.” she whisper and Taeyeon look at her for a brief moment. Good thing her eyes are concealed.

 

^_^

 

They meet at the restaurant. Tiffany gave them bunch of paper bags that contain her gifts from the states.

“So how’s Hawaii?” Seohyun ask as she scoop her gelato.

“Great!” Tiffany said brightly. Tiff always said she wants a beach wedding.

“You’re seriously going to hold your wedding there?” Taeyeon ask as she sips her fruit juice.

“Of course. I fell in love with the place!” Tiffany said showing the pictures they took.

“Isn’t Hawaii too far from yours and Khun’s relatives?” Seohyun ask her friend as she eyes the photos. It was indeed beautiful.

“I’m not expecting many guests. I won’t make it a big celebration just close family and you guys are my maid of honours.” Tiffany’s gave her mega-watt smile.

“There should only be one.” Taeyoen said jokingly holding her fork at Seohyun threateningly. Among their circle of friends they are the closet ones.

“Unnie~” Seohyun whine at her childishness.

“My wedding, my decision.  Anyway I met up with Sooyoung in L.A a week before I came back here. She told Yoona’s back in Korea.” Tiffany said as she plays with her salad.

“Really?” Taeyeon said surprised. They haven’t heard of Yoona for a very long time.. She went to study abroad. Once in a while they chat through social media but usually Yoona answers are short phrases.

“Yes she said Yoona was here like four months ago. So then I assume she never contact any of you?” Tiffany deduces looking at her shock friends.

“Nope. She and Jessica are so rare to come around.” Taeyeon commented

“Jess is just busy building her empire in Hong Kong. I’m sure she’ll be there at Tiff’s wedding.” Seohyun assure them. Though they may seem busy to no end she know by heart they can rely on each other.

“Yes. Jess is super busy. I’m glad her boyfriend is helping her though.” Tiffany added.

“I hope we can all be complete for your wedding. You’ll be the first to walk down the aisle so maybe you can gather every one of our friends.” Seohyun said cheerfully. She missed her other sisters so much.

“It’s going to be next year so a lot of things can syill happen. How about you guys? What’s your plan? We aren’t getting any younger.” Tiffany said curious over her friends.

“Baekhyun haven’t proposed to me yet. So no wedding anytime soon. I’m not rushing though.” Taeyeon said and both of them look at Seohyun.

How should I say this? Seohyun mentally pep talk.

“Well Jongin …” is cheating on me. So what should I do? she bite her toque to prevent herself spilling the bean. “Jongin’s been very busy lately. Like Taeyeon we’re not in hurry.” she lied looking down at her plate.

“Oh well, just don’t forget to send me invitation alright magnae.” Tiff said smiling her signature smile. She’s sure these two are headed for the altar the moment they met back in their school days.

“I won’t really expect much from Taeyeon because Baekhyun’s lame like that. But I’m sure Jongin’s cooking something.” Tiffany added.

He is cooking somebody else in bed. Seohyun try to humor herself.

She tries to reciprocate Tiffany’s smile.

Though Taeyeon and Tiffany notice her awkward and stiff smile they shrug it off. Their magnae‘s the eternal awkward baby.

“Honestly sometimes I envy you. Unlike Jongin, Khun has always been reluctant on the idea of settling down. I mean straight out of college and you two live together. It only shows how serous he is with you.” Tiffany said wistful.

“True, your boyfriend isn’t like Baekhyun who has way too many priorities. You are always been Jongin’s top list.” Taeyeon said soberly.

She could only smile forcefully. Priorities huh.

If only they know the truth they won’t be saying such things.

 

 

^_^

 

 

After strolling around with her friends they decided to call it a day or night. It was past 8 o’clock and she’s not in hurry going back home. She’s sure Jongin won’t be there anyway so she doesn’t need to worry about dinner. She briefly wonders if Jongin will be home today. Sometimes, especially on weekend Jongin won’t come home until the next day. He always reason its work related. Like yeah, Seohyun would believe that. Seohyun opted to go to a healthy shop that offers organic supplies. She’s mentally thinking of things to buy while she’s on her way when she caught a familiar face standing near at the Shilah hotel.

Is that Yoong?

Seohyun was happy to see her old friend. Looks like she’s waiting for someone as she was just standing there while talking on her phone. Sooyoung was right. Yoona was back home yet she never even contacted them.

Seohyun walks towards where she is with the intention of greeting her old friend. She was about to call Yoona’s name when another familiar face appear on her vision.

Jongin?

Her smile immediately drops. She stops from where she stands, frozen on the spot because something is very wrong in her sight.

Jongin came behind and hold Yoona by the waist and they walk together inside the hotel.

There’s something intimate about them that make Seohyun break a cold sweat. Her beating heart is banging violently in her chest.

No. No. NO this can’t be….She was chanting inside her head.

She look away to calm herself but failed completely. She’s shaking badly that she needs to hold on something to stable herself. After taking a breath and finding her feet she walks towards the hotel to confirm her suspicion.

She bit her lip to contain herself from braking in the open. Is she ready to witness Jongin’s affair first hand? More than that to her own friend?

She gathers herself together. She needs to be brave. She can’t run away from this problem forever. Sooner or later she has to confront her fear. It’s time.

She walks trembling inside the hotel. She can’t hear anything anymore.

And there they are. Two people that doesn’t care about the world or to people who can see them.

Alas, the last thing she saw was Yoona and Jongin making out in the lobby before she ran away with hot tears rolling her eyes.