Sisters Forever

Moving Forward

 

 

Seohyun had no specific plan where to go after she walked out. All she was thinking was she’s suffocating and hurting. When the taxi drivers asked to where was her destination she contemplated where to go so she just said to bring her to the park near Han river.

 After clearing her mind with the chilly breeze provided by the night, she proceeds to a cheap motel where she would spend days trying to think of a possible solution.

Seohyun didn’t want her other friends know about what happen to her and Jongin’s relationship, especially since it involves Yoona. She spent the next day’s looking for a cheap apartment she could rent. No one can live on a motel room forever besides her money is running low. Jongin’s credit card, her bank account that was opened for her by Jongin and cash, she left it all where it came from. 

Sometimes she also thinks about coming back home with her parents. But her pride is keeping her from doing so. She knew too well she hurt them gravely; this is the price she has to pay now. They would constantly remind her of her mistake for not listening to them.

After days of finding a more permanent dwelling place she was brought to an old apartment building. She saw the ad on a tabloid paper when she was out shopping for supplies.

The place was small perfect for a desperate and under budget person like her. It wasn’t completely bare though. The previous owner left behind some of their things like the dining table and two chairs, a small refrigerator and some kitchen utensils which Seohyun has no intention of using. She valued hygiene a lot next to health and nutrition. Too bad they didn’t leave a small sofa or bed but its okay at least it’s a good start.

Seohyun is busy cleaning her new apartment when someone knocked on her wooden door.

She opens the door and a young lady smiling at her.

“Hi I’m Luna, your new neighbour! I leave next door.” the girl said pointing to the other door beside's her. She’s smaller as compare to her and she seems really young.

“Oh hi! Nice to meet you Luna I’m Seohyun, I just moved in.” Seohyun said shaking her hand lighly.

“Great! Welcome! If you need anything just knock okay?” Luna said brightly.

“Thank you. Same here, if you ever needed anything you can ask me anytime” Seohyun offered.

“Really? That’s great. Actually can I borrow some plates and cups? Ours was broken last night so…” Luna asked expectantly.

“Oh sure. How many do you need?” Seohyun said as she make way so that Luna can enter her room.

“Just two. I live with my boyfriend Jinki. He’ll be home soon from the university. I’ll introduce you sometimes.” Luna said.

“That’ll be great.” Seohyun said as she gave her a pair of plates and cups she had taken along.

“See you round and thank you Seohyun.”

“You’re always welcome.” Seohyun said waving back.

Soehyun briefly wonders what happened to her utensils.

That night Soehyun barely have any sleep and she finally understands why Luna needed plates and cups. She made a mental note that if Luna asked again she’ll give the China she found at the place. They’re not just loud when fighting they’re lewd when they’re done with their fights.  They are hormonal teenagers after all.

Nuff said.

 

 

^_^

 

 

 She finally decides to meet up with Taeyeon in a secluded café near her apartment. Tiffany was in Thailand with Khun’s relatives. Somehow she’s glad that she doesn’t need to explain her situation with two people. Taeyeon has always been the mature among them, she’s wise and collected. Unlike Tiffany who can be aggressive at times. She doesn’t even want to think what her unnie will do if she finds out Jongin’s infidelity.

“Are you sure it was Yoong?” Taeyeon said after hearing Seohyun’s confessions.

Seohyun just nod sadly. Gone are the tears that were falling like waterfalls. But she’s still very sad every time she remembers.

“How can you be sure?” Taeyeon ask in disbelief. She’s frowning hard.

“I told Jongin I see them in action and he didn’t even deny it.” Seohyun simply said she’s playing with her tissue. It’s a habit of her to play whatever she can hold in her hands whenever she’s nervous and feeling anxious.

“That ing bastard!” Taeyeon spit out in dismay throwing her straw in the air. Some of the people who are enjoying their coffee turn around and look at them weirdly.

“How could he do that? And what’s wrong with Yoona?” Taeyeon ask. If there anyone to blame it should be both. Like the saying goes ‘it takes two to tango’. Taeyeon thought bitterly.

“I don’t know unnie…” Seohyun sigh in defeat.

“I can’t believe Jongin let you go just like that…” Taeyeon said irk by Jongin’s attitude.

“I’m actually glad he let me leave without much more drama. I don’t wanna drag this relationship that we have that was slowly turning into betrayal and dishonesty. If I stayed there knowing about his unfaithfulness with my friend… I don’t know what will happen then…” Seohyun explain solemnly the ache in her chest was lessen a bit after pouring it out with her bestie.

“It’s okay Hyun… I’m here for you.” Taeyeon said as she squeezes lightly Seohyun’s hand.

“Thanks unnie.” Seohyun will forever be grateful with her sisters and that include Tiffany and the others.

“Where are you staying? If you don’t have anywhere to go you can stay with me.” Taeyeon offer knowing Seohyun won’t come back to her parents’ home.

“I found an apartment so you don’t have to worry about it. But…” Seohyun said looking at her lap. “I need to find a job as soon as possible.”

Taeyeon ponder for a bit.

“I think I can help you with that. My first job, do you remember that?”

Seohyun nod. In the past Taeyeon said so many things about the company she first worked in.

“I talked to one of my previous co-worker just yesterday and I’ve heard they’re badly in need of new secretary. They pay well and you’ll fall in love with the place.” Taeyeon said suddenly excited.

“Really?”

“Yes. I can help you. I’ll call my friend and see what she can do.”

“Thank you so much unnie!”

They stay quiet for a bit. Taeyeon sipping her smoothie and Seohyun her concoction of herbal tea.

“Somehow I’m happy you’re out of that relationship.” Taeyeon reveal putting her chin on her palm.

“What do you mean?”

“Jongin is… I dunno… there are too many issues with him.”

“Like?”

“His family.” Taeyeon said simply and it cracks something in Seohyun’s heart. Frankly it needs no further explanation. It was not a secret how Jongin’s family loather Seohyun’s humble background.

“I feel like no matter how hard you try they will never see you as a girl good enough for Jongin.” Taeyeon confess.

How true. Whenever Seohyun attend a gathering with the Kim’s they never failed to show her how low she is as compared to them. She was always left out from their ‘business’ talks. They always laugh at her for not drinking as much as they do and not knowing the high class food that were laid on their expensive tables.

“You can never really be happy with him.” Taeyeon said trying to console her friend. Her phone rings and she immediately picked it up.

“It’s Baek.” Taeyeon explain. “He’s asking where I’m right now. We’ll be watching a musical, you wanna tag along?” Taeyeon offered.

“No thanks. It’s your date.”

“No its okay. I’m sure we can find one more ticket and besides-“

“No. No. No. It’s really fine.” Seohyun cuts her off.

“Are you sure? I think you needed some sort of distraction to cut those bad thought away.” Taeyeon suggest.

“No it’s alright. Didn’t you say there’s a job I need to get? That’ll be more than enough as a distraction.”

“Oh, alright. I’ll email them then I’ll call you later okay?”

“Alright. Thanks unnie. Have fun.” Seohyun said as both of them stood up to exit the café.

“You’re a strong girl. We’ll always support you maknae.” Taeyeon embrace their youngest.

“It means a lot to me.” Seohyun said when they part. “Please don’t tell Baekhyun oppa-“

“Don’t worry hyun. He won’t hear a word.” Taeyeon assure. Baekhyun and Jongin are friends and has a lot of common friends as they came from the same wavelength. They are elites after all.

“Thank so much unnie.” Seohyun said smiling at her unnie.

 

Men come and go. Boyfriends stay for a while, play a little and walk away. But true friends are friends that you can count on no whenever and wherever. They knock some senses out of you and make you realize that no matter how hard trials may be, you are not alone.

Too bad she lost one along the way…