Not The Right Time for Us, But Time to Raise Hell

All My Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hi,” Kyungsoo greets bashfully, opening his front door, I’ve never seen the man look so awkward.
“Hi Oppa,” I respond back, dancing on my toes. 
“Come in!” He opens the door fully, allowing me to step pass him and into the quiet townhome, the only sound coming from the speaker playing softly in the corner. I slip off my shoes, a pair of pink slippers is sitting there for me to step into. Kyungsoo takes my jacket from me, he hangs it up in the nearby closet before leading me farther into the beautiful apartment. “Thank you for coming over,” He mumbles sweetly, leading me into the kitchen.
“Thank you for being so flexible with our plans. Again, I’m so sorry about Jiyong oppa, he isn’t usually this crazy,” I grimace at the memory of this morning.
Kyungsoo, thankfully, just laughs it off, “I knew what I was signing up for when I asked you out on a date. If I’m being honest, I’m happy that we moved it here. More private.”
“I agree, it’s hard enough to go out in public as us but with a price on our heads I don’t imagine it would have been fun.”
“This also give me a chance to show off my cooking skills,” He gestures to the pots and pans on the stove. I take a moment to fully appreciate the full kitchen that isn’t usually in Korean apartments, I can only assume the man had it installed himself. I breath in the scent of seasoned meat and something spicy, not Korean spicy though. “Pulled pork tacos,” He pulls all lid off one of the pans revealing frying pork.
I raise a brow at him, not knowing it is part of his cookbook.
“You had mentioned to Yixing hyung that you were craving more western foods so I thought I would give it a try, so please be kind when trying it. It is my first time.”
I can’t hold back the smile spreading across my face, “Thank you Oppa.”
“Anytime.”
“I’m going to take you up on that offer, I hope you know that.”
“I really hope you do,” He hums as he stirs the meat a bit, “Now tell me something though. How did you escape Jiyong and the rest of big bang?”
I chuckle, “Oh that was a tricky thing. Seunghyun oppa helped me out a lot after lots of fatherly warnings, he was able to hold Jiyong and Seungri back while I gave the other two puppy dog eyes that they couldn’t refuse.”
“I should expect nothing less from you, the greatest escape artist. You alluded me and the other members for almost a year, I have personally experienced your amazing skills.”
“Yea,” I awkwardly rub the back of my neck, guilt settles in the pit of my stomach, “I’m still sorry about that. I was just so over whelmed with the idea of meeting all of you I panicked every time you guys appeared.”
“No need to apologize, we are here now.”
His smile melts my heart like it always does, making me smile like an idiot, “But there is something else I should apologize for.”
“What?”
“The randsome for your capture.”
“For mine? Yours is twice as valuable!” He whips out his phone, the announcement clear on his phone, “’For bringing back our princess unharmed you will receive a prize of $100 and a group photo with Big Bang.’ The price on mine is only $50.” 
“This is ridiculous.”
“Now it’s ridiculous?” The usually sweet man mocks.
“When would you have drawn the line?”
“When I started receiving more than twenty messages for not answering back.” Those doe eyes slide over to my phone which is sitting silently on the counter, silent but not dead sadly. 
You have 13 missed calls
You have 32 unread messages
“Oh my god.”
“Are they all from the same person?”
“I’m just assuming from at least five different people if not more.”
“And here I thought I was popular,” He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly as if trying to push away the blush crawling up from under his shirt. “I’m probably distracting you from some important people.”
“You are not distracting me from anyone, my phone is taking away from me focusing on you,” Without any hesitation, but a small amount of anxiety, I turn off my phone and hope for the best. Setting it to the side I look back up at Kyungsoo, “You have my full attention.”
“And I have no idea what to do with it,” He blurts out without much thought.
“You’re the one who asked me on a date.”
“I didn’t think you would actually say yes! I figured you would have let me down gently since Minseok hyung is your favorite.”
“What does that have to do with me dating anyone?”
“He’s your bias!”
“He was my bias since 2013! My lack of dating is more to do with my lack of interest in it than in my casual obsession with boys who I thought would never know I existed.”
“So Minseok hyung?”
“To be honest I’m a little in love with him, but I’m a little in love with every idol I knew about before all of this, that does include you by the way. But that is a different kind of love, okay?”
“Okay.”
“Now can we have a normal conversation about each other and not someone else? Please?”
“Okay, what do you want to talk about?”
I hum, “What is your favorite childhood memory?”
Time flies faster than I expected, playing an interesting version of 20 questions breaks the ice easily. I find myself asking more personal questions as time goes on and he does the same in turn. Before long, he is dishing out our meal on to expensive looking plates like he did it for a living. If I could I would take a picture but instead of opening that can of worms I opt to just memorize the picture in front of me. The tortillas lined up loaded with pork and different toppings, from cabbage to carrot to cilantro, and a few other things I couldn’t name. The different colors brightened the dish and put into a whole other category of delicious, I almost don’t want to eat it.
Kyungsoo eagerly encourages me, or gently pressured me, into taking a big bite, his eyes the size of the moon and just as white, until I smile in appreciation, “It’s delicious Oppa!”
He lets out a breath, “Thank goodness.”
“How about you try a bite?” I hold out the small taco to him, I flip it around, so he can have the uneaten end.
The man nervously those full lips before opening his mouth, allowing me to feed him. It is the most date like thing we’ve done all day and it ended exactly how I expected, with the filling landing on the floor in between us. Neither one of us can hold in a laugh at the loud splat that echoes through the kitchen that has us clutching our stomachs. 
“Delicious,” He agrees when he can catch a breath.
“I’ll clean it up.”
“You’re my guest, I should do it!” 
I chuckle, “I recommend cleaning up yourself,” I hand the man a napkin to clean off his chin. I duck under the counter with another napkin to clean up the small mess before dumping it in the trash. 
“Did I get it?” He wonders holding up his chin for me to inspect.
I gently guide his chin with my hand, tilting his head in many different, dramatic directions before pulling away with a smile, “Yep, as handsome as ever.”
We throw a few more jokes at each other before continuing our meal. The man’s surprisingly dark sense of humor brightens my day more than it should. I barely have time to take bites in between his contagious laughter and never ending snide comments. Seeing his heart shaped smile in person for so long is doing serious damage to my soul and my cheeks, I don’t smile this much. 
Things are going great until there is a knock at the door. We share a confused look as we put our food down and shuffle into the hall, “Are you expecting someone else?”
He shakes his head, “No but that never stopped anyone before.” We go closer to the door, stopping just shy to turn on the little monitor on the wall. Kyungsoo quickly gets the camera to show Kai and Sehun standing on the other side. The man next to me literally growls, “Those idiots.”
The two seem to realize the camera is on and quickly begin shouting at it, “Hyung! We know you are home! Is Charlie here? She isn’t responding to anyone and since you turned your phone off I’m assuming she’s in there with you! Hyung!” 
“I’m going to kill them,” Kyungsoo reaches for the microphone button but I catch his hand.
“Maybe if we ignore them, they will go away,” I suggest. They bang on the door together, “I mean they will have to use the bathroom eventually and leave.”
“You would think they could leave us alone for one day.”
“You would think that, but I knew this would happen. I’m sorry Oppa, this is all my fault,

Please log in to read the full chapter