Chapter 15

The Ballad Of A Cold Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Woogeun - Snoopy (Alpha Team)

Im Gwangnam - Piccolo (Alpha Team)

Gong Cheolho - Harry Potter (Alpha Team)

Kim Kibeom - Seo Daeyoung’s favourite

Kim Beomrae - the Sergeant who used to report to Myungjoo about Seo Daeyoung’s every move

 

 

SEO DAEYOUNG AND YOON MYUNGJOO exchanged their rings and everyone applauded. Next to me, Sijin Sunbae slipped his hand into Kang sem’s, and they stared into each other so lovingly. In front of me, Choi Woogeun played with his one-year-old baby boy while his wife smiled at the two.

“Why do weddings always make people so cheesy?” Whispered  Im Gwangnam, and I bit my lips from laughing out loud. “I swear, if one more couple make that face at each other, I’m going to puke.” He said, and I kicked him.

“Ya, you were like that too when you were dating that girl from your high school.” I reminded him.

“Actually, the letters they sent each other were worst.” Gong Cheolho, who sat beside him, joined the conversation.

“Ya!” Gwangnam whisper yelled, and I covered my mouth before I started laughing.

“C’mon, today’s a day to celebrate. Those two are finally married.” I said to both of them and Cheolho nodded. “I think Kibeom and Beomrae are the happiest out of this wedding; because now they don’t have to report about those two to each other.”

“Still… Weddings are too cheesy.” Said Gwangnam.

“Wait until you meet someone like Yoon Myungjoo.” I said, and Cheolho seconded my words.  

“If you like weddings this much, why are you still single?” Gwangnam asked, and our entire table, who weren’t even part of the conversation, froze. I let out an awkward laughter, and everyone pretended to do something so they could stay away from the conversation. “Jung Taekwoon’s back.” He said, and I nodded.

“Yup. He is.”

“So?” He asked and waited. My eyes wandered around the premises. He sat with the rest of his team at the other side of the wedding hall. A sergeant was saying something and he was smiling at whatever he heard.

“Let’s talk about me later. For now, this couple.” I said as the MC announced them as Mr. and Mrs. Everyone started to applaud once again, and Gwangnam shook his head at me.

    I watched Jung Taekwoon get up from his seat and walk toward the aisle as the happy couple marched on forward. We joined from the opposite side, and somehow he and I ended up standing face to face. Everyone cheered, but I was busy staring at him. When he noticed me, he stopped too, and stared back at me.

“I missed you” I wanted to say. For the past two years, I was in a battle with myself. I tried my very best to hold myself back from going back to him. I tried so hard; I cancelled all of my vacations and worked so I would not just pack my bags and go back. When I found out that he knew about me and Dr. Naven, I just wanted to fly over to wherever he is and tell him that it wasn’t true - or, it was already over. To tell the truth, if I kept going, it would have been very unfair to Dr. Naven. I had to stop, and he understood. And even after that, even if we met during work, he never mentioned what happened in Somalia. And I prayed that Jung Taekwoon would somehow find out that it was already over.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter