Chapter 13

The Ballad Of A Cold Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THERE WERE TOO many people who had free time in their hands, because the rumour of the doctor and I dating were flying around like wildfire. If they were actually working, they wouldn’t have had time to spread rumours. Rumour. It was just a rumour. It was not a fact. I was not dating Dr. Naven. No.

    One morning, I was continuing with the daily paperwork when I got a surprise call from Myungjoo.

“What’s up? Why are you calling me at this time?” I asked as I picked up my phone.

“I heard something. Sunbae isn't responding, so I had to call you.” She said in a hurried voice.

“Why? What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Dr. Kang said that she heard from someone who’s with you in Somalia that you’re dating Dr. Naven. Is it true?” She asked.

“I thought you hated Kang sem. Are you guys friends now?” I asked, dodging the question.

“Ya, our boyfriends happen to be in the same team; her’s is the captain and mine is- wait a second, don’t even think about ignoring my question.” She caught me and I cursed under my breath. “Kim Iseul-”

“It’s not true.” I spoke. “But Jung Taekwoon is the one to blame. He’s the one who had told Dr. Naven that we… broke up.” I said, and there was a long pregnant pause. I touched my forehead and imagined her frozen in her tracks.

“Are you okay?” She asked in the quietest voice.

“No,” I told her the truth. “I-” I closed my eyes so the tears won’t come out. “I want to come home. I want to talk to him. This is ridiculous. It was just a letter. He didn’t even say goodbye. Who breaks up like this?!”

“I’m sorry...” She spoke in that same quiet voice.

“Myungjoo-ya, tell me what to do. I really don’t know what to do.” I said as I laid my head on my desk.

“I’m sorry” She muttered again.

“Lieutenant Kim-” Dr. Naven called my name and I shot myself up from the chair. “Oh sorry, I didn’t know you were busy. I’ll come back later” He whispered before turning away to walk out.

“Dr. Naven, wait-” I said as I picked up the phone I dropped on to the desk and moved it to my ear.

I studied the man in front of me. Even in this situation, he wore a clean white button up and clean black long pants. There were no signs of dust in his shoes. His hair was brushed neatly. An expensive watch circled his wrist. Due to his tall figure, he had to bend his head every single time he walked into my office. Other than his quick temper, he had no flaw. And, as that doctor said, his family was a well-off family. Last time, he was the one who saved me from getting punished.

But so did Jung Taekwoon. He was the one saved me every other times I got into trouble. He saved me so many times.

“Myungjoo-ya,” I spoke.

“Hmm?”

“Should I just date this man? He has been stuck to me ever since the day we came to Somalia. Right now he’s wearing a white long sleeve shirt and black pants. If he had dark hair, he’d beat Lee Minho. What should I do?” I asked.

“Aw this girl has finally lost it.” She said, and I laughed. Dr. Naven raised an eyebrow at me and I shook my head at him and smiled.

“Should I?” I asked again.

“Do whatever you want.”

“Right?” I laughed again. “It’s not like Jung Taekwoon would ever try to win me back. I’d be the fool if I waited for him. And this man right in front of me - nevermind, he’s better than Lee Minho-”

“Nobody looks better than Lee Minho-”

“But he does. I wish I could take a picture and send it to you right now. His pose and all. Myungjoo-ya, I have to hang up. I have to give an answer to my new boyfriend.” I said before putting my phone down.

“Is everything oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter