Our Happy Ending

Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks

 

2 years later~...//...//...
 
 
“Somin, where’s my shirt?!”
 
 
“Honey, what shirt?!”
 
 
“The one you got me for Christmas!”
 
 
“The plaid one?!”
 
 
“Yeah!”
 
 
“Come out here, it’s not in the closet. It’s in the dresser out here.” said Somin as she finished zipping up her dress. She made her way to her vanity table and began applying makeup.
 
 
She heard the closet door click open with Hyunjoong walking out shirtless. He began riffling through the dresser. After a couple of minutes he produced the navy blue plaid shirt that he had been looking for. She had gotten him that for Christmas because plaid shirts were sort of a pastime for him. 
 
 
Somin had just finished applying her lipstick as Hyunjoong tucked in his plaid shirt. She walked up towards him and helped smooth down the collar as he buttoned the cuffs at the end.
 
 
“Will you be home early today?” asked Somin as she looked up at Hyunjoong. 
 
 
He smiled down at her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Yes, I will be.”
 
 
“Then, will you cook dinner for me tonight?” asked Somin sweetly. 
 
 
Hyunjoong gave her a face. “Fine,”
 
 
She kissed him on the cheeks hard making sure to leave a lipstick imprint. 
 
 
He gasped and began rubbing the lipstick off. “Somin!”
 
 
She was already laughing and heading out the bedroom door to wake up Eli. A smile played on her lips as her hand grazed down the stair railing of a house bought eight years ago. This house, was the house Hyunjoong and Somin had started with. After they were married, the two of them came to a mutual decision to move back into the house that basically started it all. It took a week of moving everything from Somin’s house in Jeju Island and three days of nonstop unpacking and cleaning to get the house back into tip top shape. Since Eli was no longer a baby, Somin had decided to convert her office into Eli’s own bedroom. The home was then fit for three people. For Somin, the past two years were filled with love, happiness, and frustrations.
 
 
“Eli, time to get up and get ready for school!” Somin opened the door to the bedroom and stepped inside. He was still sleeping soundly. She walked over to the large windows and pulled the curtains back revealing the harsh sunlight of an early morning. Somin then turned and pulled off the covers of the now whining Eli. “Get up! You have to get ready for school!” 
 
 
“Ugh, mom! Do you have to wake me up like that?!” yelled Eli as he rolled out of bed. 
 
 
Somin only smiled as she ruffled his hair. “It’s the only way to get you up kiddo.” 
 
 
Eli only rolled his eyes as he walked into his bathroom. 
 
 
Eli had grown so much in the past two years. He was no longer the tiny and cute five year old. He was now the eight year old third grader who had matured faster than Somin or Hyunjoong could see coming. Eli had grown almost up to Somin’s shoulder and she wasn’t that tall without her heels. His personality now had spunk and a drive to succeed in everything he tried. He still loved soccer and was now on a team and he still read a dozen books per week. Somin could only imagine what Eli would be like as a teenager.
 
 
...........................................
 
 
Hyunjoong ran down the stairs just as he finished wiping off the remaining lipstick on his cheek from Somin’s kiss. He grabbed his briefcase at the foot the stairs and proceeded to the kitchen where Somin was just finishing preparing breakfast. He sat down on the dining table and began to eat. 
 
 
“Are you dropping me off to work today?” asked Somin as she sat across from him. 
 
 
He nodded. “And I’ll drop Eli to school.”
 
 
It was rare to have a calm morning in the Kim Household. Usually Somin was running around, hurrying to make breakfast and Eli’s lunch. For Hyunjoong, he was usually finishing up last minute work at the dining table and as for Eli, he was either kicking a soccer ball (which Somin told him not to do in the house countless of times) or watching a morning cartoon while eating. It was always hectic and noisy. 
 
 
Today, was actually peaceful. They all finished their breakfast on time and proceeded out to the car. 
 
 
Their car ride was as always loud and trying to out talk each other. Somin always had a million things to remind Hyunjoong and Eli while Hyunjoong would make witty comments that made Eli laugh and Somin get annoyed. 
 
 
Hyunjoong dropped off Eli first at his school. He pulled up at the curb and parked. He turned around in his seat and said, “Have fun at school today.”
 
 
Eli rolled his eyes with a smile. “Sure, I’ll make it the time of my life.”
 
 
They all laughed.
 
 
“Hey, Sunmi’s waiting for you kiddo,” said Somin as she looked over at Eli. “You two are inseparable ever since she moved out here to Seoul.”
 
 
Eli shrugged as he began to get out of the car. “She relies on me. I’m her oppa.”
 
 
Somin and Hyunjoong gave each other a teasing look once Eli had closed the car door. They watched Eli walk over to Sunmi, whose face brightened once she saw him. They turned and walked together inside of school. 
 
 
Somin laughed loudly as she said, “Do I smell love in the air?”
 
 
“Love?!” laughed Hyunjoong as he started the car. “They’re only in the third grade.”
 
 
“Didn’t you have a crush in the third grade?” She asked.
 
 
“No, I didn’t.” replied Hyunjoong. “I was busy having friends.”
 
“Oh shut up! You had to have had a crush! No?! Really?!” She leaned into the car seat. “Well, mine was Oh Jangwoo. So cute…”
 
 
Hyunjoong gave her a look. “Shut up.”
 
 
Twenty minutes later, they arrived outside of the Jung Tech Cell Phone Company building. After two years, Somin was still the CEO of the company. Her father had decided to just retire, realizing he was happier having free time and leaving Somin in charge. He now goes golfing with Hyunjoong’s dad, who too left all the responsibilities of the hotel to Hyunjoong. They had become the best of friends. 
 
 
“Bye honey, I’ll see you tonight.” Somin got out of the car and closed it shut.
 
 
Hyunjoong stuck his head out of the window. “Hey! You forgot something!” 
 
 
Somin turned around. “What?”
 
 
He motioned for her to come over. 
 
 
She looked down at him. “What is it?”
 
 
Hyunjoong stretched his neck to reach Somin’s face and pecked her on the lips. “My goodbye kiss,” 
 
 
She smiled as she kissed him again on the lips. “You’re ridiculous.” 
 
 
Hyunjoong shook his head jokingly. “You can’t forget my goodbye kiss.” 
 
 
“We’ve been married for two years now and you still need your goodbye kiss?” She playfully pinched his cheek. “I’ll see you tonight at home?”
 
 
He nodded. “I love you.”
 
 
She cocked her head to one side with a grin on her face. “I love you too.” 
 
 
He waved his hand out to her as he watched her walk into the building. Once she was inside, he headed off to work. 
 
 
Lately, Hyunjoong had been busy opening up resorts under the Daejo name in vacation spots around Korea. Paperwork and designs of the resorts were all piled on his desk once he went into his office. He set his briefcase down on his desk, opened it, and began taking out the work he had been doing all last night. It was time to indulge in his work.
 
 
It was hours before Hyunjoong got a phone call from his secretary saying he had a call on the other line. 
 
 
“Hello? Oh hey mom, what’s up?”
 
 
“Are you and Somin coming for dinner Friday night or not because I don’t want to prepare a feast and not have you come because you’re ‘busy’. It won’t happen again like last time!” yelled his mom angrily into the phone. 
 
 
Hyunjoong laughed heartily as he leaned on his chair. “Yes, we’re coming on Friday. We cleared everything that night just for you.”
 
 
“Good,” said his mom with an obvious change of tone in her voice. “Inyoung and I are at the market buying ingredients.”
 
 
“You’re with Somin’s mom again?! You were just with her yesterday and all you two ever do is shop!” 
 
 
In was his mom’s turn to laugh. “Listen, Hyunjoong when you’re old like me you need friends. It’s the best thing in the world. Besides, your father’s with Somin’s dad so it’s not a big deal if I’m with Inyoung.”
 
 
“You bought a whole couch set for our living room yesterday after we both told you no!” countered Hyunjoong. 
 
 
“Goodbye! I’m hanging up now!”
 
 
And with that, the line went dead. 
 
 
Hyunjoong hung up the phone with a small smile on his face. Their families had really gotten close ever since his and Somin’s marriage. The moms always went out together at banquets, charity events, and most of all shopping. The dads usually watched movies, played golf, or sometimes build things together. For example, last week the dads finished building a bench for Hyunjoong’s and Somin’s moms garden. They were so close that sometimes Hyunjoong and Somin would threaten divorce just for fun to see how they would all react. 99.9% of the time, it was not funny to them. 
 
 
“Mr. Kim?”
 
 
Hyunjoong looked up and saw his secretary at the door holding a lunch bag with her. 
 
 
“Mrs. Kim brought this in. She said she figured that you’d have forgotten to eat lunch. She didn’t want to come up and disturb you.” The secretary walked in and placed the lunch on his desk. 
 
 
Once she left, he opened the lunch box and smiled as he looked at what was inside. It was filled with rice, with slices of ham and sausages as well as kimchi and egg rolls tucked in. His eyes drifted to a picture of the two of them on his desk. He chuckled at it as it was captured by Yoomi when Hyunjoong and Somin were fighting over some wedding plans. 
 
 
Flashback~...//...//...
 
 
“Hyunjoong, what kind of list is this?” 
 
 
“List?” He peeked his head behind his laptop. “What list?”
 
 
“Your wedding guest list!” yelled Somin as she walked over to him waving his list in the air. “Yoomi and I were looking over it and how could you invite all these people I don’t even know?!” 
 
 
Hyunjoong stood up from his seat as he waved at Yoomi who was standing tentatively at the door. He peered over Somin and looked down at his guest list. “These are all the people I’ve had business with.” 
 
 
Somin gave him a shocked look. “Really Hyunjoong? Are they even that close with us to begin with? I don’t want our wedding to become some sort of business deal!”
 
 
Hyunjoong threw his hands up in the air. “You know what, fine! Do the list however you want! I don’t get why you asked me to make one if you were just going to disapprove the whole thing!” 
 
 
“You’re being really unsupportive right now Hyunjoong! I’ve been stressing over planning for this wedding and you’re sitting here on the laptop doing god knows what!” 
 
 
“Oh come on Somin! I’ve been more than supportive for you. I’ve had to take your constant nagging on this wedding!” countered Hyunjoong. 
 
 
Suddenly a flash lightened the room and the two turned towards Yoomi who was holding a camera in her hands. She smiled and shrugged. “Memories,”
 
 
The two looked at each other and immediately relaxed. Hyunjoong took the guest list in her hand and said, “I’ll revise it. Okay?”
 
 
Somin nodded. “Thank you,”
 
 
Present~...//...//...
 
 
“As you can see here, with a faster network people can go on all social networks not just one particular one. This appeals mostly to those who have multiple social networks and need to keep up to date. For those who don’t have any, this also offers multiple email accounts for the business savvy.” 
 
 
Somin watched as the presentation on the big screen clicked to the next slide. 
 
 
“CEO Kim, we’ve also added various search engines that cell phone users may choose to default in their phone. As long as we don’t set one, a user may use Google, Yahoo, or even Bing. It is their decision. A recent poll made by our researches show that cell phone buyers tend to go towards phones that allows customization made by themselves.” 
 
 
Somin looked down at the notes in front of her. “Okay, I’d like a model to be made and then a prototype. This will be done by the end of the week, yes?”
 
 
They all said yes confidently.
 
 
“Good,” She stood up and motioned her assistant to gather her things. “We’ll all meet again next week.”
 
 
They all bowed their heads down to Somin as she exited the room. Once they were in the hallway, her assistant started listing all the things that needed to be done for the day. She was handed a bunch of files and Somin assured her that once she gets inside her office, she’ll start right away.
 
 
Once behind closed doors of her comfortable office, Somin plopped down on her couch with a tired sigh. Yeah right she was going to start right away, she needed a nap.
 
 
...........................................
 
 
Somin opened the door of the women’s restroom and made her way towards the sink to wash her hands. She had just finished having lunch. 
 
 
She ran her hands under the warm water. Her eyes caught the sparkle of the diamond wedding band that adorned her left hand ring finger. It was a simple band encrusted with small diamonds around it. At the top it made a half diamond heart that aligned with Hyunjoong’s band. (http://www.loveweddingbands.com/ProductImages/hs2008.jpg) They both choose it especially because it connected them more than just a simple diamond band. All this, reminded her of her wedding day. 
 
 
Flashback~...//...//...
 
 
Jung Somin stared at herself in front of the full length mirror of her dressing room. Her hair was elegantly styled up, which was an unusual thing for her since she loved her hair down. Her hand hovered over the white sheer wedding veil that lay at the top of her bun. 
 
 
Her eyes wandered down at her dress which was made by Vera Wang. It was a strapless off white dress that wrapped around her chest tightly and flowed out like a princess gown. Her sash was pure white with flowers decorating the top portion of the dress. (http://weddinge.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Have-Arrived-Wedding-Dresses-White-by-Vera-Wang-3.jpg) It was the dream dress that Somin always wanted at her wedding. 
 
 
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door that interrupted her thoughts. She turned around and said, “Come in.”
 
 
Yoomi came in with a large smile on her face. She walked over to Somin and exclaimed, “You look beautiful!” 
 
 
Somin looked down at her dress. “Thanks Yoomi,”
 
 
“Here,” Yoomi presented Somin her bouquet, “The wedding will start in five minutes.” 
 
 
Somin took the bouquet. “Then you’ll have to get to your position won’t you maid of honor?”
 
 
Yoomi put a hand on Somin’s shoulder. “You’re nervous aren’t you? When you talk, your voice sounds like it’s shaking.” 
 
 
Somin let out a small laugh. “I’m so nervous that I can’t even feel my legs!”
 
 
With tears in her eyes, Yoomi said, “Oh Somin, don’t be nervous! I’ve never seen two people so much in love like you two. This wedding, will always be in your heart.” 
 
 
Somin let Yoomi’s words sink into her skin. It was her and Hyunjoong’s day. It had finally arrived. Somin was going to marry the man she loved. She was going to piece their little family back together again. She didn’t need to be nervous. 
 
 
 “Come on, let’s get you married.” Yoomi wiped away her tears, held Somin’s hand and led her out into the hall where she met her father, waiting for her by the entrance. 
 
 
The music that began the walk for the bridesmaids and grooms men began. Somin’s heart began to beat faster and faster as the line began to fade and soon enough it was her and her father’s turn to walk down the aisle. He felt him squeeze her arm that she had wrapped around his in comfort and once the ‘Wedding March’ began, stepped into the church and began the wedding. 
 
 
Her eyes were only glued onto Hyunjoong’s, who looked handsome in his black tux. He gave her a small smile from across the room, giving her encouragement. She smiled back, giving him reassurance. 
 
 
Somin was finally going to have her happy ending.
 
 
Present~...//...//...
 
 
Somin’s thoughts were interrupted by her cell phone ringing. She fished her phone from her pocket and answered. 
 
 
“Hey Somin it’s Yoomi. Want to have coffee with me? I haven’t seen you since last month and I feel bad.”
 
 
“Feel bad?” said Somin. “You’ve been busy! I understand that.”
 
 
Yoomi sighed. “Just come out to the café and catch up on life with me. I’ve been Somin deprived.”
 
 
Somin rolled her eyes while she laughed. “You’re such a drama queen! Fine, I’ll go. Are you going to bring little Eunjung?”
 
 
“Of course I will! Do you really think Jinho will watch her?!” replied Yoomi. 
 
 
She chuckled. “Alright, at the usual café?”
 
 
“The usual café.”
 
 
Somin made her way out of the bathroom and told her assistant to hold any calls for an hour or so until she came back. The café was less than two blocks away and in five minutes she was there. Yoomi was already waiting for her, rocking a one year old Eunjung in her stroller. 
 
 
A couple of months after Somin and Hyunjoong’s wedding, Yoomi had announced she was once again pregnant. For those nine months Yoomi and Jinho had been extra careful, making sure everything was going to be okay when their baby was born. And after nine months, little Han Eunjung was born. She was small but still very much loved by her two parents. 
 
 
Somin waved at Yoomi from the glass window and entered the café. She sat down at her usual spot with a long sigh. “So comfy…”
 
 
Suddenly, Eunjung began to cry and Somin shot at the chance to hold her. She reached her arms out and let Yoomi put Eunjung in her arms. She bounced Eunjung on her lap and kissed her cheeks. “Oh, you’ve grown so much my god daughter!” 
 
 
Yoomi sunk into the café chair and smiled. “She’s missed you Auntie Somin.” 
 
 
“Oh Eunjung, Auntie’s been busy and so has your mom with you! We never see each other!” 
 
 
“Anyways,” started Yoomi. “I got your text and picture Jung Somin and I can’t believe you haven’t told Hyunjoong yet!” 
 
 
Somin looked up at Yoomi. “You waited two months before you told Jinho!”
 
 
“That’s not fair! I had a reason not to tell him!”
 
 
Somin chuckled. “Then I too have my reasons for not telling him yet.” 
 
 
“He’ll be so happy once he hears!” replied Yoomi. “Honestly I can see him jumping off the walls once you tell him!”
 
 
“I want it…to be special.” said Somin. 
 
 
“You and your special events,” chuckled Yoomi. “What are you planning then?”
 
 
Somin winked at her. “It’ll be something…a bit nostalgic.”
 
 
...........................................
 
 
Hyunjoong grabbed the small electrical grill from the cabinets and hooked it up to the dining room table. He took a plate of pork from the refrigerator and set it down beside it. 
 
 
His next item on the dinner list was to make a good old fashion pot of ramen. It was his specialty after all. 
 
 
“Ramen again Dad?” 
 
 
Hyunjoong turned his head around as he stirred the ramen. Eli was kicking the soccer ball into the kitchen. “What did Mom say about kicking the soccer ball in the house?”
 
 
“Not to do it,” replied Eli.
 
 
“Right, so shouldn’t you be outside?”
 
 
Eli ignored him as he continued on kicking the ball. 
 
 
“Right, you’re eight why would you listen to me?” muttered Hyunjoong as he added the seasoning. “How about you help me set the dinner table instead Eli?”
 
 
Eli kicked the ball into his hands and gave Hyunjoong a playful shove. “I got you Dad.”
 
 
“Thanks kiddo,” Hyunjoong poured the ramen out of the pot and into a bowl. “You think your mom will like dinner?”
 
 
“She’ll like that you made the effort!” replied Eli from the dining room. 
 
 
“Good enough for me!” 
 
 
Suddenly, the two heard the front door open and close shut. 
 
 
“I’m home!” yelled Somin from the front. 
 
 
He heard her throw off her shoes and place her coat on the sofa. Hyunjoong set the bowl of ramen on the table and quickly began placing the meat on the little grill. 
 
 
Somin walked in just then and kissed Hyunjoong on the cheek. “Ramen and pork? How’d I know?” 
 
 
Hyunjoong smiled. “I’ll set up the vegetables and then we call all eat dinner.” 
 
 
Once everything was prepared, the family sat down to have their evening meal. 
 
 
...........................................
 
 
Later on in the evening, after Eli had gone off to bed, Hyunjoong and Somin were in their room getting ready to go to sleep. He was in the bathroom brushing his teeth when Somin popped her head in the doorway. She stuck her arm in and held out a t-shirt Hyunjoong thought he would never see again. 
 
 
With his toothbrush still in his mouth, Hyunjoong shook his head. “Oh no.”
 
 
Somin wiggled her eyebrows in a playful manner. “Oh yes!” She threw the shirt at him. “I better see you wearing it when you come out!” 
 
 
Hyunjoong took the shirt from the counter and replaced it with the shirt he was wearing now. He opened the bathroom door and was greeted by Somin standing in front of him wearing the “I Love Appa” shirt. The shirt was three sizes too big on her since she bought it during her pregnancy with Eli. She took the end of the shirt and played with it with a huge smile on her face. “I found it in the bottom of the dresser!”
 
 
Hyunjoong shook his head with his arms crossed over his chest, hiding the “I Love Umma” print on his shirt. “I put it there for a reason Somin.” 
 
 
Somin took a seat on the bed with her arms held out. “Come on baby.”
 
 
Hyunjoong walked to the bed and lay beside Somin, putting his head on her lap. “I really can’t believe you found these shirts. And if in the case that you do, which you did, I didn’t think you’d be making me wear it!”
 
 
“It reminds me of our past!” said Somin playfully slapping his shoulder. “It was a bumpy road to where we are now, wasn’t it?”
 
 
Hyunjoong nodded. “But at least we’re here together.” 
 
 
As Somin was playing with his hair, Hyunjoong couldn’t help but close his eyes and have a happy smile on his face. Some say that the two of them are acting like they were on their honeymoon, permanently. But that was how it is when Hyunjoong’s already had a taste of what life would be without her and Eli. He never wanted that again.
 
 
One Week Later~...//...//...
 
 
Somin entered the prestigious hotel that she came to know as Daejo Hotels. This was a place where a lot of memories held. She walked up to the reception area and rang the bell. Soon enough, a receptionist came to greet her. 
 
 
“Hello Mrs. Kim,” greeted the lady. “How can I help you today?”
 
 
“I’m here to see Hyunjoong today,” She replied.
 
 
“Alright, I’ll call his office right now,” said the receptionist as she picked up the phone.
 
 
“Also,” said Somin. “Tell him that it’s important.”
 
 
The receptionist nodded as she spoke into the phone. “He’s at a meeting right now and said he’ll call you later or talk to you later when he gets home.”
 
 
Somin shook her head. “Please tell him that I’ll wait for him then.”
 
 
“Okay, you can wait in the grand lobby Mrs. Kim. I’ll take you there myself. Shall I get you something to drink? Wine? Brandy?”
 
 
Somin gave her a small smile. “No thank you. Just water please.”
 
 
Somin was directed to a soft, royal looking chair and was given her glass of water. She took a few sips to calm her nerves. This was it. Just like the first time.
 
 
After what seemed like more than an hour, she heard Hyunjoong calling out to her. She turned her head around and saw him running towards her. 
 
 
“Hyunjoong…”
 
 
“Honey, what are you doing here?” He asked. “Are you in trouble?”
 
 
Somin chuckled as she stood up and told hold of his hands. “No, I’m not in trouble.”
 
 
Hyunjoong looked at her with a puzzled look. “Then, what’s going on?”
 
 
Somin placed his hand over her stomach and looked at him with a smile. “I’m pregnant.”
 
 
Hyunjoong’s eyes began to grow and a large grin appeared on his face. “Are you sure? Are you 100% sure you’re pregnant?”
 
 
Somin sighed. “Now Hyunjoong, would I be here right now if I were lying to you?”
 
 
Hyunjoong swept her up in his arms and lifted her off the ground. He started laughing and she began to squeal. “I’m having a baby! I’m having a baby!”
 
 
He stopped spinning her for a moment and she looked down at him, smiling. In that moment, everything they’ve been through, the good and the bad, flashed through Hyunjoong and Somin’s eyes. From their first encounter at the bar on New Years Eve, to their first night together, to Somin’s pregnancy, to the problems with Maerin, to their first official kiss, to their first engagement, to their separation, to the birth of their son Eli, to their finding each other again, to getting married, and to now having another baby, Hyunjoong and Somin’s journey seemed never ending. What they both knew was that they love each other with all they had and that a forgotten kiss or forgotten anniversary could ever change that. 
 
 
Hyunjoong set her down on the ground and cupped her face in his hands. “Thank you,”
 
 
Somin looked up at him. “For what?”
 
 
He suddenly pressed his lips against hers, shocking Somin into a smile. He kissed her multiple times on her lips and on her cheeks, tickling her as well.
 
 
“Stop that!” yelled Somin, laughing. “For what are you thanking me for?!”
 
 
Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around her waist and pulling back replied, “I don’t know…everything.”
 
 
And that was the best answer Somin had ever received. 
 
 
The End~...//...//...
 
 
 
And that is the end of Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks! I want to thank everyone to the bottom of my heart for sticking with me and this story! I love you all, each and every one of my subscribers whether you were silent readers or not. I would not have finished this story without the support and wonderful comment you all have left me. I never intended for this fanfiction of mine to become what it is today. I am truly blessed. It is sad that it ended but I'm excited to venture to other fanfics. This is not the end of sarangstoryxx. I would love it if you all would friend me and keep in touch. Oh, and support my other fanfics that are currently being written. I love you all! And now here's a little bit of explanations for you all. 
 
Q: Where did Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks come from?
At first this fic was going to be named Mistaken For Love. But then I thought about it more. How generic of a name was Mistaken For Love? I mean come on so...simple and plain. Then after a while of thinking I came up with Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks. It was somewhat original and definitley a title that makes people go "What?" So, if we wanted to look at a deeper meaning for it, it meant two complete opposites come together. When I think of men I think of a plaid shirt, something clean and simple. When I think of a woman I think of lipsticks. For me, I love lipsticks and the lips is a gorgeous feature on a woman. So thus the title became Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks.
 
Q: Why Kim Hyunjoong and Jung Somin?
At the time Playful Kiss was just coming out and I loved that drama. Even though the ratings didn't go too well. I've followed the different variations of Playful Kiss since Meteor Garden, from Japanese to Taiwanese and to Korean. I had created that strong bond to that storyline and drama. I love the Hyunjoong and Somin pairing a lot. I thought they really fit each other. At first Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks was going to be an all original character cast but my love for Playful Kiss surpassed that idea and I chose Hyunjoong and Somin to be the main characters.
 
Q: Their personalities don't seem like their real personalities?
I tried to make it as much as their original personalities as I can but of course I am a fictional story teller. The way I wanted a scene to go sometimes didn't coincide with their real life personalities. So of course I had to sacrifice that in order to have an impact with my plot.
 
Q: Will there be a sequel?
I wasn't thinking of having one because I'm really not the type to make sequels to even trilogys. A few people have asked for it and right now I'm seriously considering. First of all I really didn't think I'd gain the amount of subscribers I have right now. It may not seem a lot to other people but it's a lot to me. If you, my dear subbies, want a sequel friend me and comment on my homepage! The sequel of course would be taken maybe 9-10 years later and would probably focus more on Eli and Sunmi's potential love line. Of course there will be Hyunjoong and Somin but when I think of sequel I think of writing for in the future.
 
These are all the questions I can think of at the top of my head. If you have more please feel free to comment below or friend me and comment on my homepage. Thank you all once again for being my support and foundation for Plaid Shirts & Lipsticks. And if it wasn't for you all I would have never finished. I love you all. Take care.
 
-sarangstoryxx
 
**Note: There aren't any switches in the story because now Hyunjoong and Somin are one. Just wanted to clarify that!!