Chapter 30

My Predator My Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With his injury, Kyuhyun walked into the ward where his mother rested, Siwon was by her bedside peeling an apple for her.

“Omma.” Kyuhyun called softly.

Siwon smiled and put the apple on the table. “Have a great chat.” Siwon gave his mother a peck on the cheek and left the room after giving Kyuhyun a pat on the shoulder.

Kyuhyun felt awkward as this is the first time after so long that he is going to have a one to one talk with his mother whom he thought have died.

“Sit, Kyuhyun ah.”

Kyuhyun moved slowly to the chair and sat down. He looked at his fingers to avoid the awkward silence.

The middle aged woman moved her hands to Kyuhyun's to hold them lightly with a warm smile on her face.

“Kyuhyun ah... I miss you.”

“O...Omma... I miss you too.”

She put her face on her son's face and continued “My son have grown so well, I am a bad mother for not being able watch you grow.”

“It is not your fault. It...” Kyuhyun wanted to blame his father but when he thought that his father lost a leg and will be living a life worst than death, he couldn't bring himself to say that.

“Your father loves you alot. I know it. He has done so many bad things but his love for you was never fake.”

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement and said “Omma, you really love aboji right? The way you looked at him in the ambulance.”

She nodded her head and said “Yes I love him, very much. But the bad things he did made me swear that I will never let him know that I love him too. During the days I was locked up, i hated him but also, he was all that I could depend on.”

Kyuhyun was recalled of Ryeowook, he know that the latter was probably the same when he was in jail, loving and hating him at the same time.

“Omma...”

She smiled at Kyuhyun and reassured him, “I am fine. Take care of Ryeowook, even if we cannot charge Cho Young Hwan with murder, make sure that justice is served.”

Kyuhyun nodded.

1 month later,

The middle aged man is seated on a wheelchair in the courtroom.

The judge read out the judgement. “Cho Young Hwan, found guilty of commercial fraud, drug traficking, money laundering shall be charged to 25 years in jail.”

A series of cheers are heard in the audience as they heard the sentence. Ryeowook covered his faces in tears and turned around to hug his frail mother.

“Omma, we did it...”

“Yes Ryeowook ah, you have worked hard.” She hugged her son back.

Kyuhyun and his mother was seat at the opposite end of the audience. The warden pushed Cho Young Hwan's wheelchair towards them to bid farewell.

“Aboji...”

“I am sorry Kyuhyun ah, for not being a good father.” The elder man said calmly.

Knowing how much Ryeowook suffered because of the elder man, Kyuhyun couldn't bring himself to comfort his father. Kyuhyun nodded as tears fell from his eyes, unable to say a word.

The man seem to understand and nodded to his son. He turned to his wife and said “I am sorry for everything I did. I really love you.”

“I know.... but your way of loving is so wrong.” She replied.

“I want to ask you for the last time, have you ever loved me?”

Kyuhyun's mother wanted to tell him that she has always loved him since the day they got married however, she know that he did not deserve to hear the answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter