Chapter 8

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The realization of her feelings for Jessica made Yuri space out again while staring at the heiress who is enjoying her breakfast. The girl has stopped sulking and is now sharing stories about herself which fell on deaf ears because Yuri's mind was flooded with thoughts about the heiress.

"Unnie? Unnie? Hey, are you listening to me?" Jessica called several times which made Yuri snap back to reality. "Why are you staring at me like that? Is there a dirt on my face?"

"Um...n-no. Nothing. By the way, Victoria placed something on your drawer last night. Have you seen it?"

"No. Can you get it for me?" After Yuri gave her the ring box, Jessica quickly put out the silver rings. She looked happy while staring at the one which has her name engraved.

"What's that for?"

"For me and Seigfried."

"You mean the guy who sent you a letter yesterday?" Jessica answered her with a nod. "What did he say?"

"He said he's coming to see me at the end of the month. I'd like to give this to him as a present.

"This Lord Seigfried...who is he in your life?" Although Yuri felt like she knows the answer, she still decided to ask just to make sure. And Jessica's confirmation wasn't pleasing to her ears. It was more than what she expected to hear.

"He's my fiance."

"F-Fiance?"

"Yes. He's six years older than me but it doesn't matter. Age doesn't matter in love right?"

"Don't you think it's too early for you to get married?"

"You don't have to worry about me, unnie. We'll get married when I reach the age of twenty one. And you need to promise me that you will be with me on that special day."

"Why did he propose that early when the wedding is still three years away?"

"It's kind of a promise that whatever happens we only belong to each other." Jessica placed her hand over her left chest. "This heart only belongs to him."

Jessica's answer was hard for Yuri to bear. She was hurt so from then on she became half-hearted in helping Jessica. She only rejoiced when Victoria told her that her mother's condition has improved and that she can go to Seville to see her.

Out of excitement, Yuri forgot to inform Jessica that she will be gone for three days. So when she came back, the sulky heiress kept on ignoring her until the night that she came to her room.

"I'm sorry," she said for the nth since she came back from her hometown. "I'm sorry for forgetting that I have a sister who cares and waits for me. I clearly understand why you're upset."

"I'm sorry too. I just felt afraid that you were not coming back. I missed you in those three days that you're not here. Even if Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter