Chapter 13

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Yoona were both asked by Jessica to go with her at the airport to fetch Mr. Atkins. The two were expecting to see a handsome young man from an elite family. But when the face of the Scottish man was finally revealed, Yoona and Yuri's mouths fell agape. Mr. Atkins was not a twenty-four year old man they anticipated to meet despite being their rival in Jessica's heart. Rather, the man was someone in his forties and his look suggests that he is an intelligent man who has a high paying job. Victoria also had the same reaction as her daughter when she finally met Jessica's visitor.

"You...You are Jessica's fiance?" Victoria asked which made Jessica's shoulders to shudder in a confusing laughter.

"I lied about the fiance stuff," the heiress said. Something odd is reflected in her eyes which made Yuri feel uneasy. "His real name is Thomas Lewis, my father's personal lawyer."

"L-Lawyer? Of Alexander?" Both Victoria and Yuri felt nervous at the mention of Mr. Lewis' job. It made them feel that something bad is going to happen specially because Jessica invited Atty. Sanchez as well.

After the dinner that was filled with an awkward silence, Jessica invited everyone to gather at the living room. "Perhaps you're all wondering why Mr. Lewis is here," she said which further increased Yuri's anxiety. "Atty. Sanchez, can you please give them an insight?"

The lawyer cleared his throat before he spoke. "Mr. Lewis is here to read the real last will of Mr. Alexander Jung."

"Real will? What's the meaning of that?"

Jessica ignored Victoria's question and beckoned Mr. Lewis to begin reading the will. According to her father's will, the AB Conglomerate and his properties in Europe will be passed on to Jessica. And their hotel and restaurant businesses in Macau, Seoul and Tokyo will be inherited by Victoria. But it will not be given to her if she makes a measure to meet the second condition of the fake will.

"I don't understand. What does he mean by making a measure that will meet the second condition of the fake will?" Victoria asked. Before Jessica answered her question, she called someone and informed that person and his company to get inside the house. "What's going on? Why are the policemen here?"

"Mr. Jung knows that Krystal is already dead," Atty. Sanchez explained. "He made the fake will to test your sincerity to Jessica. You failed the test Victoria. You asked someone to pose as Krystal and I'm pretty sure that you also planned to kill Miss Jung."

Victoria couldn't believe how things turned out. She thought she was successful in making Jessica believe her sister is alive and can be trusted. She's been fooled in her own game!

"I'm sorry Aunt Victoria. This is where your movie ends," Jessica said with a sardonic smile plastered on her face. "You l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter