Chapter 2

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the third day of her search, Victoria finally found Paloma in Seville. The latter was surprised to see her previous lover's step-sister at her doorstep.

"Hello, Paloma. Remember me?" Victoria greeted with a cunning smile.

"Victoria...C-Come in."

"Thank you. Your house looks nice. It's not a mansion but it's beautiful."

"Thank you. This belongs to my late husband."

"You're widowed?"

"Yes. He died last year. I heard you filed a divorce with your Korean husband."

"Yes. We don't agree with a lot of things. He doesn't have the same dreams like I do so I decided to split up with him. It's such a waste that you're not the one Alexander married."

"He's already engaged to Estela when I met him."

"But you were the first to bear his child."

"That's because Estela had a miscarriage."

Victoria looked at her in awe and then smiled. "Funny how you're always putting yourself in the second place."

"Because that's the truth Victoria. I am only second to his heart. Tell me. What did you come here for?"

"I came here because I need Krystal's help. Do you know that Jessica will inherit all of my brother's properties?"

"So? You're mad because he spared nothing for you?"

"You're right. I have to acquire those properties Paloma. I need you to help me on this. You'll also be benefitted if my plan succeeds."

"I'm not interested of Alexander's wealth. It's not gonna bring back my daughter's life."

"W-What? What do you mean by that? What happened to Krystal?"

"She's dead. Krystal died five years ago due to a spinal injury...See how lucky Estela is more than me? Alexander chose to stay with her. He loves their daughter so much. And he gave her what he couldn't give to our daughter. Jessica suffered from spinal injury too. But unlike Krystal, she's still alive despite being disabled."

"Is Krystal really dead?"

"You think I'm kidding? Will these tears fall if I'm lying? And even if she's alive, I won't let you use her Victoria. Leave. You're just wasting your time."

Before Victoria left, she told Paloma that she wants to visit the cemetery to pay her respect to Jessica's older sister.

"There's still a way for you to get what belongs to her, Paloma. If Jessica dies, Krystal will inherit Alexander's wealth."

"It sounds like you're telling me that you plan to kill Jessica. It's useless to kill her since Krystal's dead."

"We can get someone to act as Krystal. Help me on this Paloma. Let's avenge your daughter. She deserves to have a share of Alexander's-"

"Stop it. Leave, Victoria. I am now living in peace. I do not want to interfere with your lives ever again."

Victoria sighed in defeat. She took a calling card and gave it to Paloma. "Call me once you change your mind. Goodbye."

After five days Victoria received no calls from Krystal Jung's mother so left again to try to convince her.

 

"Why are you in a bad mood?" Jessica asked Yoona who's mad at her mother who barely have time for her. "Did you have an argument with your mother?"

"She left again this morning, making business as an excuse. She's always like that. She prioritizes work more than her own daughter."

"She said she's going on a business trip?"

"Yes. Don't you know about it? Aren't you aware of the happenings in the company?"

"They do keep me posted. But nothing is mentioned about a business trip for this week." Jessica picked up her phone and called Atty. Sanchez to inquire about Victoria's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter