Chapter 5

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica Jung was warmly welcomed by Dr. San Roman in his clinic. The young lady is his most important client so he treats her with utmost respect. "So, why did you schedule an appointment, today, senorita? Are you not feeling well?"

"No, doctor. I just want you to check the condition of my legs because I think I may be able to walk again."

Dr. San Roman was taken aback by Jessica's words. He looked at Victoria before returning his attention to Jessica. "H-How were you able to arrive with that conclusion, Lady Jung? You suffered a spinal injury which made you severely paralyzed."

"Severely? Is it really my case, Dr. San Roman? If it is true then how come my bladder and bowel functions were not affected? And how come I can manage to do this?" Slowly Jessica stood unsupported so her doctor and Victoria looked surprised.

"Y-You can manage to stand?"

"Yes. So tell me...am I really a paraplegic Dr. San Roman?" Jessica's eyes were fierce and were prying the doctor to give her a satisfying answer.

"I...I must have committed a misdiagnosis."

"Misdiagnosis? You were a doctor for twenty-five years Mr. San Roman. So how come that you're able to commit a misdiagnosis?"

"Jessica, not all doctors are perfect," Victoria explained to the heiress who's fuming in anger. "They can also commit - "

"Shut up Victoria! You're my legal guardian. As my legal guardian you should have looked for an information about my medical condition. Why are you taking Dr. San Roman's side? Did you do something for him to commit this mistake?"

"What? No. I don't know a single thing about your accusation."

"Then why didn't you do it? Why didn't you delve further on my case? You didn't even say a word when he stopped my physical therapy and told me that I will never be able to walk again."

"Because I trust him. He's a doctor and your parents trusted him too. Dr. San Roman, maybe you can just conduct new tests to figure out other reasons why my niece became crippled."

"You don't have to Dr. San Roman," Jessica said firmly. "This will be the last day that you'll work as my doctor. Let's go unnie." Jessica placed her money on the doctor's table before leaving with Yuri pushing her wheelchair.

Victoria kept on covincing Jessica to give the doctor a second chance but Jessica didn't say anything, not until they reached the lobby.

"I already gave him a second chance when I didn't protest on his decision to terminate my therapy. I expected him to reflect on that decision but he didn't change his mind. He indirectly disregarded his patient's hope of being able to walk again...You can go to the company Victoria."

"I'll send you home first."

"Didn't you hear what I said? Do I have to repeat myself?"

"N-No."

"Good. You can leave now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter