Chapter 6

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria Jeroni left Jessica's room once the latter was asleep. Yuri, who was becoming confused with Victoria's real intention, followed her in her room. 

"Sometimes...I cannot understand you Miss Jeroni," she said with her eyes prying the stern-faced woman.

"And I don't understand what you're trying to say either, Yuri."

"This Jessica Jung...do you really want her to die?"

Yuri's question made Victoria laugh sarcastically. "Why are you asking me such ridiculous question? Have I not made myself clear that I want to see Jessica's dead body as soon as possible?"

"It's because you're concerned about her. Even if you'll tell me that you're just acting...sometimes I'd like to think that it's real."

"Well, it only means that I'm a great actress."

"Oh yeah? Okay. If you'll insist then I'll believe you. By the way Miss Jeroni, I think there's a hundred percent chance that Jessica will be able to walk again."

"And? What are you trying to imply?"

"I'm going to help your niece. I know a physical therapist who can help her."

"And what is your reason for doing it? Are you having second thoughts on killing her?" Yuri wasn't able to respond to her queries. "Don't you dare change your mind Yuri. Your mother's life is in my hands. I can discontinue her treatment whenever I want to. You know too well that you or your Aunt Paloma are not capable of financing her hospitalization. I'll cut off my support immediately after you back down." Victoria opened her drawer and took two small bottles which she placed on Yuri's palm. "Compressed cyanide that appears like some medicines and the other one is a death cap extract. You're free to choose which one you'd like to use. And for a friendly reminder, I think it's better if you will not introduce Jessica to that friend of yours. Because it might be the end of you if she finds out from that physical therapist who you really are."

Yuri returned to Jessica's room after spending a lone time at the terrace to contemplate about the mess she put herself into. She arrived in the heiress' bedroom finding Yoona holding Jessica's hand.

"Her fever's gone down. She woke up earlier and looked for you so I told her you just went to your room to doze off."

"Thank you for taking care of her while I'm gone. You can go back to your room."

"It's alright if I'll stay a little lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter