Chapter 14

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years later, Jessica is starting to make a name in the business world. She also founded an orphanage and another charitable institution that will help the sick and the poor. Yoona has chosen not to pursue her dream of becoming a chef in a cruise ship. Instead, she decided to work in a restaurant in Seoul so that she can look after her father who suffered from paralysis secondary to .

"I'm glad you thought of paying me a visit," Yoona told Jessica when she was done with her meal. She's on a thirty minute break so she joined her customer on her table. "How's the food? Do you like it?"

"Yeah. You deserve to have your own restaurant with your skills."

"I'm close to making that into reality."

"Why don't you just ask me for help? I'd be willing to help you with anything."

"I want to reach my dreams through my own efforts. Thank you for your offer though. You look pale. Are you sick?"

"No. I've just been very busy at work so I decided to take a one month break."

"That's a good decision. You really shouldn't stress yourself. It's not good for your health."

"I should be telling you the same thing. For two years you're often busy at work and at home taking care of your dad."

"It's alright. I'm happy of what I'm doing. It's an honor to be able to take care of my own father who sacrificed a lot for me." Yoona would like to ask about Yuri but she thought Jessica might not want to talk about her.

"After your shift, I'd like to go to your house. I want to see your father."

"Okay. He'll be happy to see you for sure."

When the two arrived at the Im's residence, Yoona became lost for words because in front of her was her mother feeding her dad. She looked at Jessica with too many questions reflected in her doe eyes.

"Belated happy birthday, Yoona," Jessica said with a genuine smile. "I hope a complete family is the best gift you've ever received this year. Victoria's five years in prison is already enough for me. You deserve a complete family and I also want to free myself of hatred that's why I'm doing this." Jessica took an envelope from her bag and gave it to Victoria. "Goodluck to your new life, Aunt Victoria. This is my gift for you." Jessica stepped and bowed. "Take care of yourselves. I'll take my leave."

Inside the envelope were documents stating that Jessica is giving her hotel and restaurant businesses in Macau, Seoul and Tokyo to her previous legal guardian. Tears fell from Victoria's eyes after she saw the documents. She couldn't believe that after all she's done, Jessica still have faith in her.

"Jessica!" Yoona called the young CEO who was about to get into her limousine.

"What is it?" she asked the girl who was gasping for breaths after running.

"T-Thank you."

"You're welcome. I just did what I deemed is right for me to do. Help your mother in managing those businesses okay? Someday I want to see your name in the list of the world's most famous chefs."

"Okay. I promise. Do you really have to leave this soon? Can't you stay for a few days?"

"I have a scheduled flight back to Spain. It's been a while since I've been home. I'll pay another visit when I'm free. Bye."

 

 

Even if five years have passed, Jessica still can't forget about Yuri. She remembers her everytime she's in her mansion. She can feel the presence of the tan girl in every corners of that place.

One day, Jessica decided to visit Paloma. She knows Yuri is now living in Madrid with her mother so there's a little chance for them to meet i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter